So, what do you think will "break the internet"?

No Ygrittes

I think too many people are overlooking this possibility.

People actually bring it up all the time, though.

Im thinking stannis might die and psyco boy is a red herring. Arya is definitely going blind.

That would lead to Arya warging though, and the warging probably will not happen.

I don't get the LSH lust. The season has suffered horribly from too many disconnected plots, and LSH would be another.

I'm not hoping for much, as the season did best when it concentrated on single plots--Hardhome, the Wall. Given the nature of what they're adapting, though, they didn't have that luxury often. Last week was bad, due to lack of time, and I expect little better this week, as, again, they don't have time to develop anything.

FTW: Will happen, and will feel anticlimactic, as they won't have the time to develop it. It'll be another Shireen moment.

WoS: Ditto

Sansa: Ditto

Arya: Ditto

Dany: Ditto

Stannis: Ditto

We're almost certain to get Kevan and the white raven.

Add Dorne and yikes. How would they add LSH to that mess?

They have sixty minutes.

You get points for creative textual interpretation and putting Melisandre's man-wolf-man fire vision together, but there are much more straightforward interpretations.

If your take on FTW is correct, it would be basically equivalent to GRRM waiting 5 years (or however long it takes to finally publish TWOW) just to yell "Psych!" Not only would this feel like a cheap trick to his readers, it would also reinforce Jon's plot armor, thereby lowering the stakes and making it even clearer that Jon is THE main character.

It just doesn't make sense from a writing standpoint. Just like it doesn't make sense for Jon to be dead dead.

On top of which, given the way folk freaked out when Stannis did his Shireen BBQ, what do you think they would do if a cute little doggy got stabbed to death?

It would be a ridiculous escape.

@ GhostisDeadnotJon very nice very nice indeed. FTW will happen and be a cliffhanger for everyone, but he is not dead and he is AA. They need the battle for winterfell for season 6, I think, but Sansa's escape is happening. Arya sticks Trant her going blind I think season 6. Dany may or may not meet up with the Dothraki this season, but I think she is done for the year, you have Tyrion, Daario, and Jorah figuring out what to do in her absence. Brienne takes out Stannis in Season 6.

I'm thinking instead of Trystane being Aegon it might be Jon. Dorne's plan has always been Trystane and Myrcella getting married and doing away with Joffery/Tommen so Trystane becomes King. But Tommen dies before they get married.

-Stannis sends Davos to the wall on a made-up errand to get him out of the way so he can sacrifice Shirreen.

-Who is Davos? King Stannis' hand.

-Who is currently occupying the lands between Davos and the wall? The free folk.

-How do the free folk feel about King Stannis? They hate his guts. He burned their king.

-What will their disposition toward Davos be? Probably less than favorable.

What will happen if Davos crosses paths with, say, Tormund?

Stannis may have just sent Davos to his death.

Aaaand, the internets break in half.

Other possible ideas:

• Varys kills Kevan and Tommen. Blame goes to Marge or Loras if they are released.
  • Balon dies (likely but not breaking internet worthy)
  • Sand Snakes try to ambush Bronn/Jamie/Trystane/Myrcella and Doran gets wind of it. Sends Areo Hotah - someone here dies i.e Bronn ala Arys
  • Arya seduces Meryn and just before anything happens she needles him in the heart.
  • Jon dies. Nights King comes for him at the end.
  • Dany does Dothraki sea bit
  • They will skip Harpy leader stuff (likely)
  • Sansa probably lights candle but might not escape this season. Brienne and Pod get captured but nothing done to them yet due to Stannis attack.

I don't have any other creative ideas at this stage.

Sure deaths:

-Trant

-Pycelle

-Kevan

Speculations:

-Tyrion and crew decide to prepare Dany's future invasion/Jorah unchains the dragons and dies/Dany meets the Dothrakis

-Doran reveals he's been working with Varys for Targ restoration/Varys kills Pycelle and Kevan

-Margaery and Loras are freed/Olyvar is killed

-Cersei confess the incest but not the murder and that her children are illegitimate/WoS

-Start of the battle of ice, outcome unknown/Brienne has rallied the northern resistance/Littlefinger's army at moat Cailin

-Reek has an epiphany before the tree (and Bran)/Sansa kills Myranda and escapes with Theon

-Davos learns about Shireen but still does his last errant for Stannis, either he asks to take the black or swears allegiance to House Stark and Sansa because... Ramsay "challenges" Jon by letter and they learn that Sansa is in Winterfell

-Jon breaks his vows: he still needs Stannis (dragonglass/get rid of the Boltons) and decides to help Sansa/House Stark retake the North/FTW ends in a cliffhanger

My own thinking is pretty much in line with this, although I am hoping to see what lies ahead for Jon after FTW.

Is it possible Mel doesn't have another scene with Jon?

Seems to be something taken for granted around here but looking very unlikely.

I agree. Davos looks to be back at the Wall. Otherwise, how is he suppose learn of Shireen's burning(apparently he does.) If Mel, should show back up and Davos is there, he is going cut her down.

Honestly guys, most of you book readers who also watched the show have different perspectives on what is "break the internet" worthy because events and characters in the book that are supposed to be very remarkable aren't protrayed that well in the show so their hype value isnt that high.That being said I've watched the show but havent read the books, and I can tell you the the following to me would probably break the internet

Jon Snow death

Emergence of Lady Stoneheart

Jon Snow's death (followed by rumors and explanations of his pending revival) WILL break the internet.

I had assumed all along Thorne would hang/behead those who kill Jon, but I noticed today he tells Jon, "You have a good heart, Jon Snow. It will kill us all killed." What if Thorne is killed defending Jon? Either way, he better not participate in the killing, and then he better execute everyone involved when its over.

So, from interviews/trailers/spoilers we can infer that:

- something "extreme" happens in Dorne; I'd wager some sort of D&D fanfic resembling the QM plot and the revelation of Doran's plans

- It is unlikely that Roose or Ramsay die; Alfie Allen said in an interview for season 5 that "the Boltons are going to be a force to be reckoned with for the years to come"

- WoS and introduction of Franken-Gregor

- Arya retrieves needle and kills Trant, then is punished by the FM (probably going blind)

- FTW (it will happen...they didn't have Olly glaring at Jon nearly EVERY time he appears only to postpone it to next season)

- Tyrion/Dario/Jorah in the aftermath of the Daznak Pit incident (probably a short filler-ish scene)

- Margaery is released and has some sort of interaction with Tommen (based on the picture of her hugging him)

- Stannis and co. arrive at Winterfell. Brienne and Pod are there, too. Sansa and Theon try to escape (Sophie Turner said her ending will be "ambiguous"; I wouldn't be surprised if the scene cuts as they jump from the walls of Winterfell, ending their arc for the season)

One thing that's super ambiguous to me is that shot of Melisandre staring at icicles in the trailer. If this means she receives some vision about returning to the wall, she will do so, but I can't think of what excuse she could possibly offer Stannis ("Hey Stan...um...so that Azor Ahai thing I've been going on about...turns out...it's not you...so...nice knowing ya! Good luck with the battle and all. Sorry about all that stuff with your daughter")

Archived