Best addition to the universe that wasn't in the books? Spoilers obv.

FookinLegend

What do you guys think so far is the best addition/change in the show that wasn't in the books? I really enjoy some bits more then I did in the books and vice versa, would like to know your opinions!

The Fookin Legend of Gin Alley and the C*** who looks like a B***Sack faced C***. Damn that was great.

The Arya/Tywin scenes and the Hardhome battle are the two most obvious and uncontroversial ones.

Then there are some that aren't necessarily better than what happens in the books, but work better for the medium of television - I think the changes in the big battle at the Wall in Season 4 are a good example of this.

Slightly more controversial: the Kingsmoot was by far the lamest part of the books. Thank god it's gone.

Most controversial: a lot of the Night's Watch characters in the books aren't very memorable and sort of blend together in my head. I know that's not true for everyone, but it just didn't really work for me. So I like the addition of Olly as someone with a slightly more distinct identity to (presumably) take on the FTW role.

In addition to some of those mentioned above, namely Arya and Tywin at Harrenhall, Ros. Not only was she beautiful, but I found her getting caught between Littlefinger and Varys interesting. Her death showed an even more sadistic side of Joffrey.

Archived