The Dragon has Three Heads (Aegon, Jon, Dany) + Who is Quaithe & Azor Ahai? (Theory)

Ben zo Xand

Alright let me begin by saying this is my theory and I write this not to persuade you but in the hopes of finding folks that might think on the same lines. I might be wrong but read on and hopefully we agree on some stuff...

I am fascinated by the mysteries in the novels and as a fan of History (in general) always love when they talk about the old days past as the Age of Heroes etc... Big fan of the new book (The World of Ice & Fire)

Lets start... So we know that a long ice period will descend on the world and as the dead rise and walk they will kill all that lives...

So Rhaegar knows this and believe's is it to be true. He prepares himself for what's to come. He thought he will fight this battle himself, but then realized that his children are the ones that will fight this War.

He believes that 3 Dragons are needed for this War... The Dragon has Three Heads!

So I believe Aegon, Jon & Daenerys are all children of Rhaegar...

Aegon - Born Late281AC or early 282AC, The theory of him being fake make no sense. He is protected and raised by one of Rhaegar most loyal friend. He has white hair and the purple eyes incredible hard to fake etc... Rhaegar + Elia Martell.

Jon - Born 283AC, This one is pretty much known but... The child of Rhaegar + Lyanna Stark

Daenerys - Born 284AC (about 8 months or there about after Jon) - Yes this one might be hard for some to grasp but hear me out... If you look at the days this 3 were born. All of them are born somewhat a year from each other. When Daenerys goes through the house of the undying and she sees the vision of Rhaegar and Elia in which Rhaegar names his new son Aegon. He looks at Daenerys and says

"...and when the man’s eyes meet Dany’s, he says either to her or the woman with the baby,There must be one more…The dragon has three heads..."

So he is saying that Lyanna its already pregnant with Jon looks at Dany's eyes and says you will be born next. To complete the 3. This are Dany's though remembering the Undying.

"I remember the Undying. Child of three, they called me..."

You can say they mean Rhaegar + Viserys and then her. But look at the History of Rhaegar and Viserys mother. Queen Rhaella. She gives birth to Rhaegar her first pregnancy all good. Then after that she has a long history of miscarriages, still born babies, and children that die right away. She was pregnant 8 times and all end up dead before she gives birth to Viserys. Now we are to assume that a women that has problem with pregnancy at the age of 39 or 40 when is incredible difficult for a women to, not only get pregnant, but to have a perfect baby. That is her age at the time of Dany's birth... It's very unlikely.

Now who is the mother? Three women of the same age are friends and are in court together. Elia, Lyanna and Ashara. It might be hard to see, but I believe Rhaegar convince them three to have a child with him as those are the 3 heads of the Dragon that will save the world. Rhaegar is very handsome and charming and talking them into it is not inconceivable. Imagine a cult type thing... He let's them know that this is their destiny. In a way Rhaegar had an awesome threesome... :D

Now why Ashara Dayne? if you believe Quaithe is Ashara Dayne as I do then this is how. Ashara Dayne had a baby that was a girl... It is said that due to her being dishonored and having being pregnant outside of marriage once the child was born she committed suicided. Right after she delivers a baby girl... Now when Ser Barristan recalls Ashara Dayne he says

"Ser Barristan could still recall Ashara’s smile, the sound of her laughter. He had only to close his eyes to see her, with her long dark hair tumbling about her shoulders and those haunting purple eyes. Daenerys has the same eyes. Sometimes when the queen looked at him, he felt as if he were looking at Ashara’s daughter..."

Now why do I think this fit on Dany's being Rhaegar + Ashara Dayne (Quaithe) daughter... because when Daenerys meets Quaithe for the first time in Qarth she says this...

"Dany had not noticed Quaithe in the crowd, yet there she stood, eyes wet and shiny..."

If you see your daughter all grown up for the first time, after all the sacrifice you have made, your eye's will be wet and shinny (as to the point of tears) thats a description of eyes on the verge of tears.

So as it is believed by most that Quaithe is Ashara Dayne. To me she is also Dany's mom. To complete the Three Heads of the Dragon.

Now another reason why I think Dany's is Rhaegar daughter is Melisandre vision in here POV and one of the rare times we get to see R'hollor vision on the fire, she says this about Jon Snow sister...

"The Girl I must find the girl again, the grey girl on the dying horse. Jon Snow would expect that of here, and soon it would not be enough to say the girl was fleeing [her marriage]...A girl as grey as ash..."

And says this to Mance after she tells him to go find her:

"I saw water. Deep and blue and still, with a thin coat of ice just forming on it. It seemed to go on and on forever" Mance says "Long Lake. What else did you see around this girl?"

Hills. Fields. Trees. A deer, once. Stones. She is staying well away from villages. When she can she rides along the bed of little streams, to throw hunters off her trail."

Mance says "That will make it difficult. She was coming north, you said. Was the lake to her east or to her west?"

Melisandre closed her eyes, remembering. "West"

So from this she sees in her vision that Jon sister will come to the wall and seek his help on a dying horse. So most people assume the sister in the vision here is Jeyne Poole (fake Arya) as Mance is Abel and goes to Winterfell and rescues her and Long Lake is to the west of the Wall and Winterfell, and is deep and blue and still and frozen, so it all fits. Melissandre spoke of the fake sister of Jon Snow. Jeyne Poole... But even Arya and Sansa are not really Jon Snow sister... By blood. So lets assume Melissandre means his true sister on the visions and she is talking of Daenerys how does that vision fits her.

She says the water is to the West, is Deep and Still. With a Thin coat of ice JUST forming on it... If this was Long Lake it would have been frozen long ago... The North has the early stages of Winter for around 2 years now. So she speaking of The Shivering Sea. The ice is just forming on it and seems to go on and on forever as winter is coming in the next book The Winds of Winter. At this point in the vision the Long Night just came, and when it does according to the people of Rhoynar in Essos:

(Talking of the Rhoyne river) "...her waters frozen as far south as the joining of the Selhoru.." So almost 80 percent of Essos gets cover during the Long Night aka Winter. So you can say the waters freeze, the continents merge and you can ride to either side... Also she sees a Deer in her visions. Deers can't survive a long period of cold. They die, one year of winter kills any deer.

And if Melisandre visions are true as all vision of R'llor seems to be. Jon true Sister its coming from the East...

Now those three are the riders of the dragons Dany hatched. I believe this theory 99%. We can debate points etc. But if you believe Aegon is Fake, Lyanna is not Jon mother and Quatihe is not Ashara Dayne. Then leaves those arguments elsewhere. We can debate that Dany's is not Rhaegar and Ashara child for sure or that Melisandre vision means something else. Or something else you see that is flawed in my theory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is where I go into stuff that I believe a 50%-80% or less. It might sound crazy but I need to let it out and have this here, so that in 5 or so years after the last book its release I see what I had wrong in my theories.

Who is Azor Ahai? Ok this sounds crazy to most people but I believe is Tyrion. Here is why? If you believe in the Woods Witch that goes to King Jaehaerys II and says that the prince that was promised will be born of the line of Rhaella and Aerys. (Daughter & Son of the King). They assume is from the both of them but what if it means from one of them? All Targaryens have the same line so the vision can't mean let say Jon because then she would've have said from your line to the king. They breed each other to keep the same line for years. It deviates at one point in history but its then the same. If you think Daenerys is the daughter of Aerys and Rhaella. Then yes Dany can be Azor Ahai. But as I said at the top I believe she is the daughter of Rhaegar and Ashara. So the only candidate to me is Tyrion.

I believe Tyrion is born of the rape that Aerys conducts on Joanna Lannister (Tyrion Mother). So if you believe this as I do then lets see her why I think Tyrion is Azor Ahai.

If you take Melisandre vision of the fire from her POV she ask to see Azor Ahai and this is what she sees. "Show me Stannis, Lord, she prayed. Show me your king, your instrument"

"Visions danced before her, gold and scarlet, flickering, forming and melting and dissolving into one another, shapes strange and terrifying and seductive. She saw the eyeless faces again, staring out at her from sockets weeping blood. Then the towers by the sea, crumbling as the dark tide came sweeping over them, rising from the depths. Shadows in the shape of skulls, skulls that turned to mist, bodies locked together in lust, writhing and rolling and clawing. Through curtains of fire great winged shadows wheeled against a hard blue sky."

Now you can believe as most likely Melisandre believes that she wants to see Stannis and this is showing Stannis. But I believe this is showing Tyrion.

Again this is hard... I still have a though time on it but this is what I can get so far.

The beginning of the vision is like recolations of all the visions put together. Like rewinding a video.

So from this point on... "Then the towers by the sea, crumblings as the dark tide came sweeping over them..." The towers by the sea are claimed by Melisandre to be Eastwatch, but she notes that they didn't actually look like the same towers. So I believe she is talking here of Tyrion when he goes to Volantis and the 2 towers are The Anvil & Torem's Hammer.

"Shadows in the shape of skulls, skulls that turned to mist, bodies locked together in lust, writhing and rolling and clawing" I think she is talking here of the Stone Men when Tyrion is drowning. How did he not suffer the greyscale disease? He even swallows the water.

"Through curtains of fire great winged shadows wheeled against a hard blue sky." I think she sees here when Drogon appears at the Daznak's Pit.

I might be wrong but somehow I think is possible.

Another thing when Tyrion meets Moqorro and it his vision that R'hollor gives him he says this to Tyrion, about Tyrion.

"Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of it all"

A small man with a big shadow, snarling... Meaning Tyrion plays a part in the fight he cast a big shadow... On the war to come. It's very thin the variables here, but somehow I think it's so.

Another thing I believe Lightbringer it's a real sword and Melisandre has it inside her, she says that she wants to rest and that a fire its burning inside her. Maybe all the priest have that fire burning inside them but I believe this is Lightbringer. Now she is waiting for Azor Ahai to bring it out of her and this is why I think Melisandre is Nissa Nissa reborn. And her true love will get it out of here.

So to me Melisandre is Tysha. I know it sounds crazy but if for a second you believe Tyrion might be Azor Ahai then listen to my logic here...

If you believe the part of the prophecy that says, it must be love between Azor and Nissa that bring this power, then both re-carnation must love each other... Now Tyrion is looking for Tysha wherever whores go. So lets assume that Tywin send Tysha to Essos after that awful incident. What is the shortest path from Lannisport to Essos? Asshai it is the first city that you can get to. You travel West. Even if you go to Qarth you have to pass through Asshai. So let assume Tysha was sold to the red temple of Asshai as a slave and she became devoted to the lord of light and his cause.

Since the only true love (as of now) is Tyrion and Tysha love, that's why I believe they are Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa reborn.

All of this is thin and crazy like I said it has many holes but its my theory so far. We can discuss all of this even if you don't think Tyrion is Aerys son... But I believe in this and the later books will show if I'm right or wrong. I can't wait.

As a Bonus who I believe will sit at the Throne at the end ? Tyrion. I really want it to be Aegon and Tyrion as hand. But George says its a bittersweet ending so some of the heroes will die. So I assume its either Tyrion or Aegon in the end. Dany and Jon if they survive will not take it. Dany will go to Essos and Jon will stay north.

Link to the Official Map of "The Know World" http://beckermayer.com/wp-content/uploads/6289-The-Lands-of-Ice-and-Fire-1389383300.jpg

Now who is the mother? Three women of the same age are friends and are in court together. Elia, Lyanna and Ashara.

Lyanna, Ashara and Elia were friends in the Court?

Ned found Ashara at Starfall and she died there. How no one noticed that Dany came to this world from Ashara's dead body?

AA would come from Aerys' and Rhaella's line. If Aerys raped Johanna what was Rhaella?

Ned found Ashara at Starfall and she died there. How no one noticed that Dany came to this world from Ashara's dead body?

AA would come from Aerys' and Rhaella's line. If Aerys raped Johanna what was Rhaella?

They were of the same age and maybe not "friends" but Rhaegar can built a cult with them.

No one has found the body of Ashara. Again you dont think Ashara is Quaithe so we wont discuss any of that...

I'm saying maybe she meant from one of them two...

They were of the same age and maybe not "friends" but Rhaegar can built a cult with them.

Yet they were not in the court and they were not at the same age. Elia was born in 256 and Lyanna was born 10 years later.

No one has found the body of Ashara. Again you dont think Ashara is Quaithe so we wont discuss any of that...

Because people never get lost in the sea and everybody is found? How exactly does a pregnant Ashara faked her death?

I'm saying maybe she meant from one of them two...

Rhaella fakes a pregnancy and no one seemed to notice that she wasn't pregnant?

Also this theory goes beyond *secret Targs*. The only Targ we know is a bastard secret Targ!

Interesting. There are definitely some strong points to this theory.

It's even more tragic for Aerys and Rhaella if the woods with's words were misinterpreted and they DIDN'T have to marry each other, and misunderstood prophecy elements are pretty common in this series. So, do you think LB is a dragon, and thus one of them will be wielded by Tyrion? He usually fights with an axe, doesn't he? A sword would be a change.

I disagree about Mel being Tysha. Mel is old, and glamoured to look young. Tysha would be just a year older than Tyrion. I think Mel is either Shiera Seastar, or Sheira's child with Bloodraven.

So, why have Tyrion be The Dragon that was Promised but not a head of the dragon? Rhaegar seems to think one of the heads is TDtwP.

Good point on that. Ashara was a handmaiden to Elia, but there's no mention of Lyanna having been at court.

Your second point is disputed. We have no proof that Ashara is dead. The gossip says she lost a baby and jumped, but we have no witnesses, no suicide note, and no body. We don't even know if she actually had a baby, let alone when. If she got pregnant during the war she might have given birth after it ended--which would also be after her alleged, but not proven, suicide.

You seem to have missed the OP's point on that. OP maintains that it's possible that the woods witch meant a child of Aerys OR Rhaella, not necessarily the child of both. Challenging the generally held view is acceptable, and sometimes a good idea. It's worth considering that Jaehaerys II misunderstood the prophecy and forced some serious misery in this children.

Your second point is disputed. We have no proof that Ashara is dead. The gossip says she lost a baby and jumped, but we have no witnesses, no suicide note, and no body. We don't even know if she actually had a baby, let alone when. If she got pregnant during the war she might have given birth after it ended--which would also be after her alleged, but not proven, suicide.

We know how she died. She felt from Palestone Sword tower in the sea. There are details about her death. If there were no details she would had disappeared like Rohanne did. Since there are details about how she died there were witnesses. There is absolutely zero evidence that are pointing to the fact that she faked her death other that wishful fanfiction.

Yet they were not in the court and they were not at the same age. Elia was born in 256 and Lyanna was born 10 years later.

Because people never get lost in the sea and everybody is found? How exactly does a pregnant Ashara faked her death?

Rhaella fakes a pregnancy and no one seemed to notice that she wasn't pregnant?

Also this theory goes beyond *secret Targs*. The only Targ we know is a bastard secret Targ!

Not in fiction, no. A missing body is an obvious plant.

Ashara can fake her death after giving birth.

Rhaella didn't have to fake a pregnancy, she just had to lose the baby and make everyone in her close circle swear to pass of Ashara's child as hers. That's not hard to do when she's surrounded by Targ loyalists and only a few of them need to know of the switch.

We know how she died. She felt from Palestone Sword tower in the sea. There are details about her death. If there were no details she would had disappeared like Rohanne did. Since there are details about how she died there were witnesses. There is absolutely zero evidence that are pointing to the fact that she faked her death other that wishful fanfiction.

Citation for misuse of the term fan fiction. Go sit in a corner.

We have no witnesses. The information we have is from rumor, and from two people who were not there--one not even born until years later. Barristan's information is second hand at best and probably from a more distant hand. Edric's is from Allyria who is not mentioned as having witnessed the event and thus third-hand at best. We have zero actual reports from or about anyone who saw Ashara jump from a tower. If someone in the family had witnessed it, Edric would have said as much. If someone else had, Barristan would have recalled who it was he heard had seen her jump. The love of your life throws herself into the sea and you don't remember the name of the person who saw it happen? Not likely.

Details do not mean she's dead. If you're going to fake someone's death--which despite your opinion actually IS possible in this series--you come up with...wait for it...details! That's what a cover story is made up of. Example: the mother of Ned's bastard is a fisherman's daughter he met during the war...details, and yet patently false. Cover story. Details.

Not in fiction, no. A missing body is an obvious plant.

Sure and Ysilla and Yandry are Cassanna and Steffon. Everything make sence now! Everyone just out of the blue, faked their death in order to help a Blackfyre to take the Throne. Nimrodel and Amroth faked their death in order to help Elrond raise Aragorn.

As I said before

Again if there was no one who was with her no one would had known how she died. So 1+1=2 there were people with her.

We can debate points etc. But if you believe Aegon is Fake, Lyanna is not Jon mother and Quatihe is not Ashara Dayne. Then leaves those arguments elsewhere.

It's nice to see you're open to criticism.

Because:

So as it is believed by most that Quaithe is Ashara Dayne.

No, it really isn't. Though it's hard to assess, the exchanges on the forum seldom point to Quaithe as Ashara. Another, better candidate, is generally mentioned.

More to the point: if you have to use a theory to support your own theory it's unlikely your theory is completely sound.

If you have to use multiple theories (Ashara is alive, Ashara is Quaithe, Tyrion is a Targ... ), then your own theory is likely to be rubbish.

And if you start piling up the false identities (Quaithe is Ashara, Melisandre is Tysha) it's even worse.

Three women of the same age are friends and are in court together. Elia, Lyanna and Ashara.

Lyanna was never at court.

If you believe in the Woods Witch that goes to King Jaehaerys II and says that the prince that was promised will be born of the line of Rhaella and Aerys line. The daughter and son of the King. They assume is from the both of them but what if it means from one of them?

Nope, this twists the words beyond belief. "Rhaella and Aerys's line" is clear enough for everyone (including Rhaegar).

But look at the History of Rhaegar and Viserys mother. Queen Rhaella. She gives birth to Rhaegar her first pregnancy all good. Then after that she has a long history of miscarriages, still born babies, and children that die right away. She was pregnant 8 times and all end up dead before she gives birth to Viserys. Now we are to assume that a women that has problem with pregnancy at the age of 39 or 40 when is incredible difficult for a women to, not only get pregnant, but to have a perfect baby. That is her age at the time of Dany's birth... It's very unlikely.

"Ser Barristan could still recall Ashara’s smile, the sound of her laughter. He had only to close his eyes to see her, with her long dark hair tumbling about her shoulders and those haunting purple eyes. Daenerys has the same eyes. Sometimes when the queen looked at him, he felt as if he were looking at Ashara’s daughter..."

That's the only part of your OP that I find interesting. Dany's birth has been on my mind lately, and it's almost tempting to say that Rhaella was the one to have a stillborn daughter, not Ashara.

But as tempting as it might be it's absurd with the text we have.

We have no witnesses. The information we have is from rumor, and from two people who were not there--one not even born until years later.

And you know how exactly? How do you know that the witness wasn't the one who said someone else how she died? I only expect that since we haven't seen who exactly told the servants of WF about Ashara and Ned there was no one who said that and Cat just created a scenario in her head.

Jon is the three-headed dragon. That or one has to force the characters to a place where they do not fit. Case in point the OP. All the clues point that Young Griff is not Rhaegar's son. Another similar example is to force Tyrion into being one of the dragon heads and that leads people to believe in A+J=T which is nothing more than confirmation bias.

Sure and Ysilla and Yandry are Cassanna and Steffon. Everything make sence now! Everyone just out of the blue, faked their death in order to help a Blackfyre to take the Throne. Nimrodel and Amroth faked their death in order to help Elrond raise Aragorn.

As I said before

Again if there was no one who was with her no one would had known how she died. So 1+1=2 there were people with her.

We have witnesses to their deaths. Stannis (and possibly Robert) stood on the shore and watched the ship go down, and Patchface was the sole survivor--he may not be entirely sane but I'm sure he could confirm that Lord and Lady Baratheon were on the ship and died.

I said nothing about helping a Blackfyre take the throne. I did not suggest a why at all. Stop trying to put words in my mouth; you're not good at it.

Again, if they wanted people to think she was dead, they would have spread the story of her death. Having a method of death does not prove that the death happened. Aegon's head was smashed against a wall, but it may not have been him. GRRM does not put this stuff in for larks.

And actually if there was no one with her, no one would have known THAT she died. A witness does not have to be in the room. It could have been someone outside who had a view of the window she allegedly jumped from, or someone swimming in the Summer Sea, or someone on a boat in the Summer Sea. We have no named witnesses. Doesn't that seem odd to you?

We have witnesses to their deaths. Stannis (and possibly Robert) stood on the shore and watched the ship go down, and Patchface was the sole survivor--he may not be entirely sane but I'm sure he could confirm that Lord and Lady Baratheon were on the ship and died.

The fact that we haven't seen any witness fo far doesn't mean that they are none. How do the others would know how she died if there was no one?

I said nothing about helping a Blackfyre take the throne. I did not suggest a why at all. Stop trying to put words in my mouth; you're not good at it.

I know where this is going, back to Lemore.

Again, if they wanted people to think she was dead, they would have spread the story of her death. Having a method of death does not prove that the death happened. Aegon's head was smashed against a wall, but it may not have been him. GRRM does not put this stuff in for larks.

If the beloved Lady of CR was able to disappear without the whole conspiracy theories there is no reason why Ashara couldn't do the same.

And actually if there was no one with her, no one would have known THAT she died. A witness does not have to be in the room. It could have been someone outside who had a view of the window she allegedly jumped from, or someone swimming in the Summer Sea, or someone on a boat in the Summer Sea. We have no named witnesses. Doesn't that seem odd to you?

Someone see a woman that obviously wasn't a high diver or Spiderman falling off a tower to a river and will say "Pfff obviously she isn't dead."

By your logic the fact that we haven't meet yet a character who will say to us that he was there when Lyanna gave birth to Jon can only mean that she didn't gave birth to him.

1) The fact that we haven't seen any witness fo far doesn't mean that they are none. How do the others would know how she died if there was no one?

2) I know where this is going, back to Lemore.

3) If the beloved Lady of CR was able to disappear without the whole conspiracy theories there is no reason why Ashara couldn't do the same.

4) Someone see a woman that obviously wasn't a high diver or Spiderman falling off a tower to a river and will say "Pfff obviously she isn't dead."

5) By your logic the fact that we haven't meet yet a character who will say to us that he was there when Lyanna gave birth to Jon can only mean that she didn't gave birth to him.

1) It also doesn't mean that there are any. Thing is they don't actually KNOW she died. They were told it, and they believe it. But there's no proof, and no one seems to have thought to ask for any. Granted there's been a lot going on in Westeros lately.

2) I have always considered Ashara = Lemore to be utter B.S. You really make yourself look bad when you ascribe motives to others with ZERO evidence of such. Are there any other asinine accusations you'd like to make?

3) Unless there is a reason why Ashara couldn't, which could be revealed later (and no, NOT Lemore). Lady Rohanne is not remotely tied to what's going on the series right now and hasn't even been mentioned (and would be dead by now anyway). Ashara on the other hand keeps popping up in the narrative, as does House Dayne in general, but without a tenth the info we've been given on House Lannister. Apples to oranges.

4) Again you are assuming witnesses that have not been confirmed, and assuming that she actually jumped. But there is no evidence besides hearsay.

5) No, not at all. There are hints all over the place about Lyanna being Jon's mother. There is nothing like that for Ashara. And unlike with Ashara, we actually know of at least one person who can (and according to what the other has said likely will) tell us exactly what happened at the Tower of Joy. We have a witness who we KNOW was there. Do you see the difference?

And before you accuse me of some other ridiculous leap of logic...we have witnesses who saw Robert kill Rhaegar; we have witnesses who saw Ned Stark beheaded; we have witnesses who saw Robb Stark and a lot of his men killed; we have a witness who saw Syrio Forel in mortal danger using a stick against steel. So no, I don't believe any of them are alive.

1) It also doesn't mean that there are any. Thing is they don't actually KNOW she died. They were told it, and they believe it. But there's no proof, and no one seems to have thought to ask for any. Granted there's been a lot going on in Westeros lately.

4) Again you are assuming witnesses that have not been confirmed, and assuming that she actually jumped. But there is no evidence besides hearsay.

Can I just clarify, are you saying that Ashara is alive or that there is the possibility that Ashara is alive?

Can I just clarify, are you saying that Ashara is alive or that there is the possibility that Ashara is alive?

I'm saying there is a possibility that she is alive.

Of course she could be dead. It would be stupid to say otherwise. Even if she didn't jump she could have died later. She could have succumbed to dragon pox in Norvos for all I know. Or she could actually have jumped from that tower, but I find it odd that we have no hard evidence, and her name keeps being mentioned. Something is missing from the equation and there is more information to come for House Dayne as a whole, which should include more information about Ashara.

Archived