Watch, Watched, Watching: Witness Me!

Nictarion

Shock! value of the year award goes to Ronald Moore. Congrats Starz hope you're proud of yourselves.

Jack you tease :p I'm already looking forward to watching the episode tonight :p

I saw Starred Up yesterday. Definitely an excellent film. It's a prison drame starring Jack O'Connel and Ben Mendehlson, about a young highly aggresive convict being moved to adult prison, where he is confronted with his father, who's a high ranking prisoner there. The acting in this film is magnificent. Ben Mendehlson is so great, fans of his work should definitely check this one out (try for a version with subtitles though, the accents plus the prison slang make it difficult to follow some of the dialogue).

Despite Mendehlson's excellence, the real star is O'Connel. I remember reading all those articles about him being the next big thing in Hollywood after he had been cast in Angelina Jolie's Unbroken and it made me really curious about him. I skipped Unbroken due to the bad reviews, but now that I have finally seen him in action I'm joining in on the praise. This guy is straight A starmaterial, what an actor. If the rest of his work is as good as this, I'll happily put him in the line-up with Michael Fassbender, Oscar Isaac and Tom Hardy as the best young (well relatively young anyway) actors out there today.

The story was also excellent. I have read some reviews who found the ending a bit disappointing, but I don't really see it. I did think it could have used some more time to work out some of subplots, but not much more. The directing was also more than solid. Strange that this was yet another excellent prison movie. I always read about how that genre has gone completely stale, but between this and the magnificent 'Un Prophète' I think people who claim that should start eating their words.

Agree on all fronts, Veltigar, about O'Connel. He really showed how talented he is in Starred Up. The movie was good and not great as I remember but I only saw it once a while ago so I really can't pinpoint the reasons, I'll have to do a re-watch. A Prophet is tremendous.

A Prophet is tremendous.

All things considered this might be my favourite film of the decade. Definitely top three though :)

I didn't like Un Prophete that much, but I seem to be the only one.

Only one place to go :P http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/129821-ryan-goslings-desirability-and-other-confounding-entertainment-phenomena/

Watched Cracks last night. Eva Green does fragile and unstable so goddamned beautifully. :love: The subject matter was very dark but I loved this movie and Eva was mesmerizing. Now I want to watch Penny Dreadful!

Do it! :D

Watched Cracks last night. Eva Green does fragile and unstable so goddamned beautifully. :love: The subject matter was very dark but I loved this movie and Eva was mesmerizing. Now I want to watch Penny Dreadful!

DO IT DO IT DO IT

Archived