Tywin and Cersei's relationship

LannisterKing

Hi everyone. I'm a new member here and I've decided to post theories that I came up with while reading the books. I'd really appreciate any kind of constructive criticism :)

Cersei had made shameless use of their cousin, both in and out of bed; a little secret she no doubt hoped Lancel would carry to his grave now that Father was here and she no longer had need of him.

This says two things:

1. Cersei used Lancel for sex

2. Once Tywin showed up in King's Landing, Cersei no longer needed Lancel for sex

The obvious conclusion is that Tywin has something to do with Cersei's sexual needs.. is it possible that Tywin and Cersei had a sexual relationship? We already know Cersei has a thing for incest and doesn't think it's immoral. Cersei could have used sex to manipulate Tywin so that she wouldn't have to marry Loras; we know this is how she manipulates men after all.

Thoughts?

Uh, no.

Loras ASKED to join the Kingsguard when he got to KL. So Cersei didn't have to do anything to avoid marrying him. Cersei only has a thing for Jaime, and Lancel reminds her of Jaime. She sleeps with non-relatives on occasion too if she thinks it will get her what she wants.

Lancel was necessary as a spy because she felt insecure in KL. With her father there to run things however, she didn't need Lancel's clumsy attempts to help. And she would have been extremely concerned about Daddy finding out she'd been bedding Lancel.

Hi everyone. I'm a new member here and I've decided to post theories that I came up with while reading the books. I'd really appreciate any kind of constructive criticism :)

This says two things:

2. Once Tywin showed up in King's Landing, Cersei no longer needed Lancel for sex

The obvious conclusion is that Tywin has something to do with Cersei's sexual needs.. is it possible that Tywin and Cersei had a sexual relationship? We already know Cersei has a thing for incest and doesn't think it's immoral. Cersei could have used sex to manipulate Tywin so that she wouldn't have to marry Loras; we know this is how she manipulates men after all.

Thoughts?

Did you notice how before Tyrion was released from the Vale he hadn't had sex for a year, but after he went to his fathers camp he started having sex right away. Perhaps Shae was actually Tywin?

Let's take this one step further, perhaps Cersei's children aren't actually Jaime's, Tywin is just as blonde as Jaime and Cersei probably looked like Joanna.

So he did it with both the twins? Did they both mistake him for the other twin. This would be just the kind of twist that ASOIAF needs, we know it's all about twists :P

So he did it with both the twins? Did they both mistake him for the other twin. This would be just the kind of twist that ASOIAF needs, we know it's all about twists :P

No, no. Boarsbane is saying that Cersei's kids might be Tywin's, because Tywin's hair would be the same color as Jaime's so we'd never know the difference. And also pointing out that Cersei probably looked like Tywin's beloved Joanna.

Still not possible. Tywin and Cersei would both have to be drunker than Tyrion ever was. And Tywin does not drink to excess. Not sure he drinks at all.

I thought this was going to be an interesting thread, because I think at least towards the end of his life, Cersei is the only child Tywin saw for who she actually was (aside from the incest). Tyrion and Jaime he certainly didn't see them for who they actually were.

Instead we get a bottom feeding thread asking if Cersei was boning Tywin....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/aactressgurl/Tumblr/tumblr_lw4qkcK04n1qcyj2r.gif

No, no. Boarsbane is saying that Cersei's kids might be Tywin's, because Tywin's hair would be the same color as Jaime's so we'd never know the difference. And also pointing out that Cersei probably looked like Tywin's beloved Joanna.

Still not possible. Tywin and Cersei would both have to be drunker than Tyrion ever was. And Tywin does not drink to excess. Not sure he drinks at all.

I knew I should had used the font.

This says two things:

Thoughts?

Overall I would advise finishing at least one read-through of the books before posting theories here. Definitely note down things like this, but maybe wait till you've seen what there is to see before posting. I doubt you'll still think this after reading Feast, for example.

I'll be a bit nicer with my post and say it's unlikely.

There's sleeping with your sibling and then there's sleeping with one's parent.

The meaning behind the quote was more she had drained Lancel for everything he was worth. She now had a new source of power and opportunities which was called Tywin.

Overall I would advise finishing at least one read-through of the books before posting theories here. Definitely note down things like this, but maybe wait till you've seen what there is to see before posting. I doubt you'll still think this after reading Feast, for example.

I'm sorry, but you're rather rude. I have read through the books: the quote that is in the first post of this thread was found as I read through the books.

Cersei basically says that Tywin satisfied her sexual needs. What more proof do you want?

This says two things:

Thoughts?

It means that Cersei was smart enough to keep her personal needs from her father. Who discusses sexual needs with their parent of the opposite sex? Cersei has done what Tywin needed her to do and her personal needs do not serve House Lannister. In addition to that, she has been involved with Jaime for many years and Cersei is used to appropriate behavior when Tywin is around in order for the relationship between she and Jaime to continue.

'to manipulate Tywin so that she wouldn't have to marry Loras'

This is strictily on the show. This is the book forum. Loras is the youngest of the three Tyrell brothers and a sworn member of the Kingsguard. The only suggestion made for Cersei's future marriage plans is Tywin revealing that he has been speaking to Dorne regarding a match between Prince Oberyn and Cersei.

LannisterKing: Sweet cousin, I recommend a reread and keeping the book and shows separate. If you are going to make claims like 'Cersei basically says that Tywin satisfied her sexual needs. What more proof do you want?', then you had damn well better be able to provide textual support for it. So far you have not done so, you have combined the show with the books and you called Blind Beth rude for calling you out for drawing conclusions from the TV show rather than the books. This is a literature forum. If you want to talk about the TV shows, there is another forum for that.

Archived