Ser Boros Blount and Tommen

LordQorgyle

I don't know if this has been discussed around here or if anyone has noticed it, but since Jaime has made Ser Boros Tommen's food taster in ASOS his health as degraded a lot to the point that in the epilogue of ADWD,Boros can't be on foot without support of a wall, his belly and face are in bad shape and he has strange colors so do you think it is possible that someone is trying to poison Tommen and Boros is suffering from it?

Interesting thought. I'll read the again tonight and comment more indepth, the question remains, who's skilled enough with poison to do it?

Show stuff:

Apparently, Tommen isn't coming out of his room since Marge and Cers' imprisonments, isn't eating, and isn't allowing anybody inside either

That could be seen as an opening for to take that route. Though I'm not sure. Who's in KL that uses poison and isn't on the Lannister-side?

1. Varys? His motive is to restore Dany in power, he doesn't have to poison Tommen, Dany will come with force most likely.

2. QoT's got a motive if she wants to kill Tommen, so that to keep the alliance, the Lannister's must wed Myrcella to Willas, making King Willas Tyrell a thing.. Totally not going to work out with fAegon, Dany and Stannis already incoming, but in terms of the KL-storyline, it would make sense if Olenna is blissfully unaware. It also doesn't make sense to send Willas to KL when the Reach is being assaulted.

It's just so sickening to imagine Olenna poisoning a sweet kid. Joffrey was cruel, but Tommen's a goodboi.

Show stuf:

Lol, since Willas doesn't exist and Loras isn't a KG, that would mean marrying Loras and Myrcella, as opposed to Cersei. "A younger Queen will take your place" ~ as wife to a certain Tyrell" King Loras Tyrell of Kings Landing. King of the Seven Kingdoms, Andals, Rhoynar and the Firstmen.

I don't know if this has been discussed around here or if anyone has noticed it, but since Jaime has made Ser Boros Tommen's food taster in ASOS his health as degraded a lot to the point that in the epilogue of ADWD,Boros can't be on foot without support of a wall, his belly and face are in bad shape and he has strange colors so do you think it is possible that someone is trying to poison Tommen and Boros is suffering from it?

Everything that Blount has tasted before the king, Tommen has eaten it after him. Tommen looks perfectly fine, so I don't believe he's being poisoned.

Everything that Blount has tasted before the king, Tommen has eaten it after him. Tommen looks perfectly fine, so I don't believe he's being poisoned.

In a AFFC there times when Cersei and Jaime notice that Tommen is palid and with weight problems

Might just be that Boros is just a bit deppresed, since he is being used as a food taster when he is supposed to be fighting.

He's a much better food taster than he was a warrior.

Did any of the poisons described by the waif in the House of Black and White have these effects?

Well the tears of Lys give belly problems

The widow's blood shuts down the bladder and bowels until the person dies from the body's own poisons

any of them could do it

The Greyscap and Nightshade we don't have any description

Take into account that Boros probably don´t do anymore physical exercise. Only thing he do is eating. I assume he wears full armour during the meals, so his weight gain might be a problem to him when standing for two hours straight.

• 4 weeks later...

Nah, Tommen's not 8 anymore.. He was 7yo at the beginning of aGoT, so surely he's 10, perhaps even 11yo at the moment.

With the direction the show is going, who knows.

Tommen decided to lock himself in his room and doesn't eat anymore in the show, so poisoning is out?

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Years_after_Aegon%27s_Conquest/Calculations_Ages_(Continued3)#Tommen_Baratheon

Apparently he just turned 9 in the books. I was off, just saw "8" so often reading I didn't doublecheck

Archived