stannis taking John as his king

I know this has been discussed before, but I really would like to rehash this topic in light of episode 8 of this season. Obviously a R+L=J wouldnt mean jack shit to Stannis, but John being shown.as the Lords Chosen to.fight the war of all.wars, I think, would be the only.possible way for.Stannis to bend a knee to John. I love the Mannis more than.most, but his only way of survivng the series is.either through John or the Nw.

Stannis' conversion to R'hllor always struck me as pragmatic more than true belief. He sees Melisandre as useful so he'll humor her. If the liability of that starts to outweigh the benefits, I don't doubt for a moment he'd cast it all aside. So no, I can't see him bending the knee to Jon, Aegon, Dany or any Targa-- anyone.

As I said in the OP, but yes. Jon being "AA" is the only way Stannis accepts him as KING, or mKes him decide to.join the NW (and of course become LC)

No, Stannis is going for all or nothing. At this point Stannis would grind his teeth and tell who ever claims to be AA:

1.Take the LC job and shove it.

2.Get the fuck off my throne.

3. Bend the knee and maybe I'll forget what you suggested.

It's all or nothing for the mannis.

No, Stannis is going for all or nothing. At this point Stannis would grind his teeth and tell who ever claims to be AA:

1.Take the LC job and shove it.

2.Get the fuck off my throne.

3. Bend the knee and maybe I'll forget what you suggested.

It's all or nothing for the mannis.

Stannis.believes in the power.of.the red.god. If Jon is seen to be the chosen of the red god, or atleast if Stannis believes it, I would not be be TOO shocked if Stannis said this kid is truly the one to lead us against the WW, because Stannis does truly care about the fate of Westeros.

I almost feel like Stannis has accepted defeat when he left his will to his daughter. His decision to march on the North also seems a bit rash from the Stannis I think we thought we knew. In that case, I don't think its impossible. What's interesting, is the fact that he really hasn't been worrying about an heir. I mean he has a daughter, and a few times tried to have a son.

As such, I think there's a bit more to Stannis, and his journey is unfolding where we will see a bit more than simple ambition by Stannis. I actually think that there is a possibility that Stannis could bend the knee if he saw something regal and affirming with Jon if something magical were to happen to him. Its interesting the dialogue and relationship between the two, when merely a while ago, Stannis was trying to get Robb killed.

Probably not, but if Shireen died there is some chance he could name him his heir.

Strictly speaking if Robert technically made his claim trough Rhaelle, and Stannis trough Robert than Jon may be already Stannis' heir after Shireen. Minus NW wows of course and assuming anyone ever learns Jon is Rhaegar's son.

Archived