Aegon or Faegon? after this season what do you think?

Khaella

Yes, that is the only hope IMO that Aegon is "real" in the books.

Another clue... The recent article where GRRM lists his top 5 characters he wishes were included in the show: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/31/game-thrones-lady-stoneheart

- Strong Belwas

- Jeyne Poole

- Willas Tyrell

- Garlan Tyrell

- Lady Stoneheart

Notice who is missing? Young Griff/Aegon/Faegon. That should tell you how important GRRM thinks he is.

Dido. If he was really important they would have figured out a way to add him to the series. They had the perfect opportunity with Tyrion linking up with Varys.

Who in the world will kill kevan and pycelle if Varys is not in KL?

Daemon Blackfyre was a pureblooded Valeyrian even though he was a bastard made legit. After he married a Tyroshi woman line went downward from there and that was almost 100 years ago. Having a present day Blackfyre with purple eyes and white hair may be possible, but looking so much like Rhaegar's son that multiple ppl from westeros would not tell them apart. I don't buy it.

Thats actually only about 3x generations. Its not that far fetched.

Thats actually only about 3x generations. Its not that far fetched.

Yeah, I'm practically a doppelganger for my grandfather, who looked eerily like his own grandfather despite each generation in between my great-great-grandfather and I marrying people who were, in terms of phenotype, very different. Moreover, ADWD is full of examples of Essosi people with typically Valyrian features, so it seems perfectly in the realm of possibilities that Blackfyres could maintain the traditional Targ look even after a few generations.

Aegon will most likely be revealed in episode 10 after Kevan Lannister and Pycell are killed. If you look back to season 1 it looks pretty obvious they were planning to eventually introduce him.

If they don't bring him in it creates a massive plot hole because if Dany is Varys trump card and not Aegon than why was he endangering his own master plan by leaking all the information about her? Tyrion said he did what he had to do but he could've withheld the info about her being pregnant from King Robert... He almost got her killed when he could've prevented this quite easily.

Don't really think the show cares about plot holes like that tbh. Most unsullied have long forgotten about that

Since they cut out Arianne as well it's obvious they don't consider his plotline important to their endgame. Whether or not the show's endgame matches the book endgame is another question entirely and won't be answered for a while.

It's likely they merged his role with Dany's. I'm almost expecting her to show up in Dorne in the s5 finale.

Where does it say that all bastard Targs have dark hair? I know a few of them did but not all of them. Daemon Blackfyre had the blond hair and violet eyes like the Targs. Also I think it's mentioned that the Targ looks are strong. Hair/eye color is extremely important in these books. But the Targs aren't the only ones with these looks. Anyone with Valeryian blood had the potential to have the pale hair and violet eyes.

Daemon Blackfyre? Yeah he was a bastard Targ sired outside of marriage but he was nonetheless still a full blood Targ. Bittersteal was only half Targ but he had dark hair. That's why the purity of the blood is important to the then royal family because it was a coin toss as to wether they lost their features or not. Likewise if you think Jon is Raehgar's son yet he looks like his mother a Stark.

I think Aegon is fake, but not completely sure about it. Just because it appears that the show cut him, it does not mean the Aegon in books is not real. Maybe he is real, becomes king, but dies before playing a role in the endgame (which is the battle against the Others). Or the show will merge him with another existing character, say Gendry or Trystane.

The fact that Aegon is real or not is not relevant for his presence in the Show.

In my opinion Aegon will be the Harry Tudor of the series, becoming King in the end. On the other Dany will kill the Others but won't be queen. I think in the show they merged both, so Dany will kill the others and become Queen.

I think Aegon is fake, but not completely sure about it. Just because it appears that the show cut him, it does not mean the Aegon in books is not real. Maybe he is real, becomes king, but dies before playing a role in the endgame (which is the battle against the Others). Or the show will merge him with another existing character, say Gendry or Trystane.

I think I read somewhere that Gendry & Aegon are going to be combined.

I've been of the same opinion since this season started-- if YG survives and is crucial to the overall plot, they would have included him this season

the fact that they cut him is pretty telling, that he dies soon and isn't one of the dragons' heads IMHO

maybe they'll introduce him next season, but given the way they've been cutting secondary characters/plotlines right and left, his absence this season is pretty telling

if you buy the theory that Doran was in on Myrcella's murder as suggested elsewhere, then I think Trystane is now sailing to Mereen (not KL) in the Quentyn role as opposed to the fAegon role

After having thought about it, I think this proves Aegon is who he is supposed to be. While there is no Aegon in the show, Varys has been revealed as a Dany supporter. So, if Varys is supporting the Targaryens in the show, then I think he is a Targaryen supporter in the books.

• 4 weeks later...

After having thought about it, I think this proves Aegon is who he is supposed to be. While there is no Aegon in the show, Varys has been revealed as a Dany supporter. So, if Varys is supporting the Targaryens in the show, then I think he is a Targaryen supporter in the books.

Idk in the show he is team Dany but I think that's a tell. It's like they are saying hey guys Aegon is a fake he's going to die and Varys will switch teams once he realizes who will be the winner. Unless of course Varys is on GRRM's hit list.

I was leaning towards the possibility that Aegon is not who he says he is, but if he is, him and Dany will end up marrying and ruling Westeros as Aegon the Conquerer did as a husband/wife duo. We didn't hear much about Varys's game plan with the Aegon fellow in the novels, other than the fact he believes the continent will be repaired with him at the forefront. My curiosity lies in why Varys takes interest in Aegon anyway, when he is aware of a much more established Targaryen child to whom he could extend his support, as he plans in the show. 

It was a cool reveal in the book, though the already established existence of a dragon-owning Targaryen child kind of mitigates any sort of ultra-coolness that it had. What's the point really? As a reader I was just begging for an expedited Dany storyline not another vein of Targaryen blood. 

If the showrunners are still planning to reveal him, the reason why they haven't already is because they are hesitant to release every bit of TDWD material in case they don't have enough material for the sixth season. It's impossible to say. I was able to guess that we'd see no Aegon this season when Jorah contracted Connington's grey scale and Kevan Lannister only had one brief scene. 

What the hell? The only hope? And why would that be? The strongest theory that he is not real is he is a Blackfyre bastard... And that theory is actually pretty weak. Genetically wise it would be virtually impossible that not only he is a genetic throwback that regains all Targaryen features but he also perfectly resembles Raehgar Targeryen... Despite the fact they are of a dying gene which rules it out completely. Hence the reason why half blood Targs all had dark hair but retained the purple eyes but all later generations had dark hair without the purple eyes. Give it up already... Varys did not by some strange miracle have a zero percent chance genetic throwback kid that would grow up to be Raehgar's exact double.

this makes no sense. both of aerys's parents were targs so he is a full targ. but jaeherys ii was only a quarter targ, because his mother and paternal grandmother were not targs. well make that 1/8th targ since his father's father's mother was also not a targ. so why did aerys and his children, who were similarly only 1/8th targ. (this is a simplification as non targ blood had been introduced many times before that) have the targ look.

moreover, why do some of daeron ii's children have the traditional targ look and some have the dornish look of their mother?

it just doesn't work the way you think it does. however westerosi genetics work, i doubt bastardy makes a difference

• 4 weeks later...

I've been of the same opinion since this season started-- if YG survives and is crucial to the overall plot, they would have included him this season

the fact that they cut him is pretty telling, that he dies soon and isn't one of the dragons' heads IMHO

maybe they'll introduce him next season, but given the way they've been cutting secondary characters/plotlines right and left, his absence this season is pretty telling

if you buy the theory that Doran was in on Myrcella's murder as suggested elsewhere, then I think Trystane is now sailing to Mereen (not KL) in the Quentyn role as opposed to the fAegon role

Sansa stark still being in the Eriye in the book is crucial in the plot of the book, Mance Ryder still being alive is crucial, the presence of lady Stoneheart is crucial, so is fake Arya, Robb stark's wife.

When GRRM write a book, he writes it with two concept in mind: the large fire breath dragon and the small poison wasp.

The dragon covers the attention of everybody while the wasp is small is only seen only few.

Both the dragon and the wasp both do lethal damage but in different ways.

D&D streamline Game of thrones pretty much remove all the wasp just to make a biggest and more shocking dragon by killing player that he shouldn't have, combining characters,           Raping Sansa!!! stuff like that

Just because Aegon isn't in the show, it doesn't make him fake. Arianne Martell isn't there but she's a Martell, same with Willas and Garlan both being Tyrells. Arianne was cut because Ellaria filled her role to an extent and Loras fills the role of Garlan and Willas. It's the butterfly effect in it's full effect. 

I think they might just combine Aegon with Gendry. Personally i dont think Aegon is just some random person, but who knows. I assume there is a reason that the blackfyre rebellions are covered so much in other outlets and in ASoIaF. I tend to believe that Aegon is a blackfyre but thats just my opinion. 

• 3 months later...
Just because Aegon isn't in the show, it doesn't make him fake. Arianne Martell isn't there but she's a Martell, same with Willas and Garlan both being Tyrells. Arianne was cut because Ellaria filled her role to an extent and Loras fills the role of Garlan and Willas. It's the butterfly effect in it's full effect.

The thing is, if Aegon is Aegon that is an extremely important story line so they wouldn't cut it unless he is a fake. Arianne is a Martell but cutting her doesn't say that she isn't. There's so much evidence pointing to him being a Blackfyre!

The thing is, if Aegon is Aegon that is an extremely important story line so they wouldn't cut it unless he is a fake. Arianne is a Martell but cutting her doesn't say that she isn't. There's so much evidence pointing to him being a Blackfyre!

His non-existence in the show does not contribute any evidence to that theory though, and saying that they wouldn't have cu him if he weren't fake is blatantly untrue, considering the many limitations the show has that dictates what they can do with their time and what they choose to focus on.

Archived