Will White Harbour only support a Northern King?

Dr Qyburn M.D

Will Wyman Manderly want Rickon to be King in the North? If davos manages to bring him back to White Harbour safely i was wondering will he only join Stannis if he declares Rickon as King in the north,? which Stannis will never consent to

Let me know what you all think

Well Manderly said he'd back Stannis if Davos gets Rickon. So it depends on if you think Manderly was telling the truth or just using Davos. After all if you can't trust a man who gleefully cooks people and serves their remains unknowingly to others, who can you trust?

Well Manderly said he'd back Stannis if Davos gets Rickon. So it depends on if you think Manderly was telling the truth or just using Davos. After all if you can't trust a man who gleefully cooks people and serves their remains unknowingly to others, who can you trust?

...who gleefully eats people and serves their remains unknowingly to others.

Ya hes great. I dont remember anything about him eating anyone though

He cooked the two missing Freys and served them as the pies in Winterfell, the clue was he had the song about the rat king playing and how super happy he was eating them, LOL, at least this is the consensus opinion, I'm not sure if GRRM ever confirmed this is 100% correct.

He cooked the two missing Freys and served them as the pies in Winterfell, the clue was he had the song about the rat king playing and how super happy he was eating them, LOL, at least this is the consensus opinion, I'm not sure if GRRM ever confirmed this is 100% correct.

I take it this happens in one of the Theon chapters does it?

Its been a couple yrs since i read them

White Harbour will support the Stark of WInterfell, whatever this Stark decides to do.

It is not Manderly's position to tell him what to do.

:agree:

However, if Lord to fat to sit a horse becomes Rickon's regent then he would influence Rickon's thinking and decisions. But in the end he'll do what he thinks is safest and in the best interests for the Starks house. He's their most loyal bannerman along with Howland.

Will Wyman Manderly want Rickon to be King in the North? If davos manages to bring him back to White Harbour safely i was wondering will he only join Stannis if he declares Rickon as King in the north,? which Stannis will never consent to

Let me know what you all think

The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done

As to your large quote, Manderly was refreshing Davos' mind and reminding Davos that while Manderly had to eat horse turd until his son was returned, Manderly is now in the position to call some of the shots. As to sending Davos off to find Rickon, ummmm I think there is more to the situation than meets the eye. But, yes, the Northmen are aware that the young Stark boys are alive and I think that they would want one of the Starks to be their liege lord as usual, as it has been throught the history of the North. Plus I would really like to read about the Boltens being annihilated.

If Davos/Stannis do their part he will support them. It would be pretty dishonourable and hypocritical if he didn't. I've always thought the GNC or any conspiracy against Stannis would be utter bullshit unless you want the Northerners to be antagonists.

I think he'll support anyone committed to destroying the Frey's and Boltons.

White Harbour will support the Stark of WInterfell, whatever this Stark decides to do.

It is not Manderly's position to tell him what to do.

You don't think he would tell a 4/5 year old boy what to do? I happen to think his sending Davos to find Rickon is at least partly self-serving. If Manderly is responsible for restoring Rickon, it would give him an opportunity for great power in the North as a Regent (or whatever) of the Lord of the North, until he comes of age

You don't think he would tell a 4/5 year old boy what to do? I happen to think his sending Davos to find Rickon is at least partly self-serving. If Manderly is responsible for restoring Rickon, it would give him an opportunity for great power in the North as a Regent (or whatever) of the Lord of the North, until he comes of age

Considering Lord Manderly is perfectly aware that Bran lives...

It's more about his own son anyway, Lord Wyman himself intends to die in Winterfell.

Lord Manderly knows that Bran lives (but he also knows that he is north of the Wall). Lord Manderly knows that Rickon lives and has sent Davos to get him. I believe he has also been made aware of Robb's will. He is hiding his hand from Roose Bolton AND from Stannis. I know the GNC might be "debunked" but you have to admit that some aspects have to be taking place. Lord Manderly has built almost 50 warships and accepted fleeing men from Hornwood lands. He also rules the only city in the North. Davos hears the people saying that anyone who wishes to earn some silver can go down to Manderly's barracks (conscription). Yet he only shows up to Winterfell with ~300 men... I'm willing to wager that through his conscriptions and levies (he only sent about 1000 men south with Robb) that he has an army of at least 5000 at his disposal (a fair wager seeing as he's probably the most powerful Northern lord sworn to the Starks and has a city of 100,000 people and the surrounding lands as well).

My assessment of the upcoming Battle of Ice: Stannis defeats the Frey force on the ice. Forces Bolton to abandon Winterfell and flee to the safer Dreadfort. Manderly uses his warships to sail his army up the White Knife and cut off the retreating Boltons. The victorious Northern lords proclaim Jon Stark as King in the North per Robb's will (unknown to them, he has been stabbed by the Night's Watch) and Rickon receives the Dreadfort to form a cadet branch to replace the Boltons. His new savage personality from living on Skagos will certainly be up to the task of replacing the flaying Boltons. Hail the new Stark cadet branch, the Dreadstarks.

I've never understood why people think the Northern Lords would betray Stannis after he rids the north of the Freys and Boltons.

Stannis went out of his way to come help the NIghts Watch when he hardly had any men or money. Now he is cleaning out the Iron Born and plans to defeat the Boltons.

I personally would definitely back Stannis after what he has done and is still doing for the north.

Even the Great Jon's complaint about Stannis was that he never did anything for the north.

Archived