Who are the 3 heads of the dragon?

dave95

Iv thought about this for a while and I can only see Jon, Dany and Aegon as being the the 3 heads of the dragon. Its probably no secret that Jon will be back in TWOW. I think we will eventually see Dany join the fight against the others but im uncertain when this will happen. She may even go on to be the stallion who will mount the world. In the house of the undying Raegar says Aegons song is the song of ice and fire. I think GRRM is telling us just how important Aegon is here. Why would his song be the same name of the entire series if he wasnt one of the heads if not the most important one.

Aegon is most likely a fake. I am on board with a (less popular) theory that Tyrion is a Targaryen and he will be the third head, especially with what I read in The World of Ice and Fire. Though being a Targ may not be a prerequisite.

I love Tyrion and I think he's a Targ. Aegon is the fake. So I think Jon, Dany, & Tyrion will be taking the reins on the dragons. Now you know what would be the crazy twist? That Dany isn't one of the heads how cruel would that be! Because no one doubts that she is one of the heads. Don't get me wrong guys I believe that she is just a crazy thought to throw out

Didn't read the article but apparently there is, as has been pointed out in several posts in this forum.

I stumbled upon a thread a few days ago about a fan meeting George RR Martin back in 2000 and Martin said something like "the third head of the dragon doesn't necessarily need to be a Targaryen" so it might even turn out to be Tyrion, who knows....

But I am very positive that Tyrion isn't a Targaryen. I've read some of the theories and yes there might be some evidence but come on... two of the main characters (Jon&Tyrion) BOTH turning out to be Targaryens in the end? That would actually be kinda lame!

"Hey man guess what! I just found out I'm a Targaryen!"

"Oh really? Nice bro, me too!"

"Awesome!! Let's do this together!!"

Didn't read the article but apparently there is, as has been pointed out in several posts in this forum.

I stumbled upon a thread a few days ago about a fan meeting George RR Martin back in 2000 and Martin said something like "the third head of the dragon doesn't necessarily need to be a Targaryen" so it might even turn out to be Tyrion, who knows....

But I am very positive that Tyrion isn't a Targaryen. I've read some of the theories and yes there might be some evidence but come on... two of the main characters (Jon&Tyrion) BOTH turning out to be Targaryens in the end? That would actually be kinda lame!

"Hey man guess what! I just found out I'm a Targaryen!"

"Oh really? Nice bro, me too!"

"Awesome!! Let's do this together!!"

Lol I've read that also, which in turn could mean that it is Aegon because a few Targ bastards were able to ride dragons. I just don't see how a non Targ (other then a Blackfyre) could ride a dragon. I just think of how great it would be if Tyrion swooped into KL on a dragon. What can I say I love the little guy.

The post above its about the season sign at the inn and how it washed up rusty and red and how it's supposed to be a metaphor for Aegon. Granted it could be a filler but it just seems so obvious. But what if for some reason Jon is stuck in Ghost? What would it matter if he was a Targ or not? I hope that isn't what's going to happen because that would be awful and not just for Jon but for us as readers. Of course I figure he will be brought back but then that's another point made. What's the point of killing people if everyone can be brought back?

One more thing, technically Tyrion wouldn't be a Targ, he'd be a bastard.

Lol I've read that also, which in turn could mean that it is Aegon because a few Targ bastards were able to ride dragons. I just don't see how a non Targ (other then a Blackfyre) could ride a dragon. I just think of how great it would be if Tyrion swooped into KL on a dragon. What can I say I love the little guy.

The post above its about the season sign at the inn and how it washed up rusty and red and how it's supposed to be a metaphor for Aegon. Granted it could be a filler but it just seems so obvious. But what if for some reason Jon is stuck in Ghost? What would it matter if he was a Targ or not? I hope that isn't what's going to happen because that would be awful and not just for Jon but for us as readers. Of course I figure he will be brought back but then that's another point made. What's the point of killing people if everyone can be brought back?

One more thing, technically Tyrion wouldn't be a Targ, he'd be a bastard.

You don't need to be a Targ or a Blackfyre. You need a dragonbinding horn, which Victarion has. Anyone could use it.

And certainly Bran could try to skinchange into a dragon. If Bloodraven and skinchange into a thousand crows, Bran can certainly take on measly dragon. He will learn to fly.

• 2 weeks later...

the obvious answer is Dany, Jon, and Tyrion

All 3 are the main protagonists of the story by every measure

There are too many hints about Tyrion to discount-- his obsession with reading every book ever written about dragons, him designing a special harness for Bran to ride after his injury, him liking his bacon burnt black, having one light eye, the rumors about Aerys taking liberties with Johanna Lannister, Tywin's refusal to accept Tyrion as his own, etcNo

none of these are hard evidence but all heavy handed foreshadowing, based on the way GRRM writes

My one wild card is Bran-- I could see him warging remotely or actually riding one of the dragons as well

Jon, Dany and Jaime. If you want the massive spoilers explaining why, I will explain my theory...

Jaime!? Is there a link to your theory? I am eager.

The whole dragons must be ridden by Targs ONLY theory sounds lame. I have this notion - can't a dragon warged by Bran be ridden by someone else say Jon?

Apparently no one cares so I will explain anyways. Just for my own benefit. Jon wargs into Ghost, wanders around castle black yada yada. Melisandre sacrifices someone or whatever to reconstitute his body. Poof instant azor ahai, one dragon head.

Daenerys grows more powerful, dragons are full size, stage is set to go to westeros. Two dragon heads.

But then... Jaime and Cersei are secret targaryens. They are incestuous and blonde, but since they are halfs they have green eyes not purple. However, this is because their mom had such eyes. Mad King Aerys II Targaryen took his kingsright and got her preggers before Tywin could get it in. Tyrion really is Tywin's only son. What's more, Jaime is the Valonquar. Cersei is so paranoid that Tyrion will get her because she blames him for everything. But Jaime is her little brother, born seconds after her and holding onto her foot. He will be the one to kill Cersei, via strangulation, with his one damned hand (the left, I believe).

So there. One targaryen queen, her nephew, and her half-brother, both males. The three heads of the dragon...

Apparently no one cares so I will explain anyways. Just for my own benefit. Jon wargs into Ghost, wanders around castle black yada yada. Melisandre sacrifices someone or whatever to reconstitute his body. Poof instant azor ahai, one dragon head.

Daenerys grows more powerful, dragons are full size, stage is set to go to westeros. Two dragon heads.

But then... Jaime and Cersei are secret targaryens. They are incestuous and blonde, but since they are halfs they have green eyes not purple. However, this is because their mom had such eyes. Mad King Aerys II Targaryen took his kingsright and got her preggers before Tywin could get it in. Tyrion really is Tywin's only son. What's more, Jaime is the Valonquar. Cersei is so paranoid that Tyrion will get her because she blames him for everything. But Jaime is her little brother, born seconds after her and holding onto her foot. He will be the one to kill Cersei, via strangulation, with his one damned hand (the left, I believe).

So there. One targaryen queen, her nephew, and her half-brother, both males. The three heads of the dragon...

I don't think any old random person can be sacrificed. It has to be someone very close to Jon to make the "sacrifice" worthwhile. I personally think it will be Ghost that is sacrificed and that releases Jon from Ghost.

I love Tyrion and I think he's a Targ. Aegon is the fake. So I think Jon, Dany, & Tyrion will be taking the reins on the dragons. Now you know what would be the crazy twist? That Dany isn't one of the heads how cruel would that be! Because no one doubts that she is one of the heads. Don't get me wrong guys I believe that she is just a crazy thought to throw out

I thought that was well she dies so someone can get her dragon

With I kind of like as dany is boring

Dany Drogon

Jorah Viserion

Tyrion Raegal

Jon already has Ghost, so I think George stacking him up with a Dragon is not likely to happen.

Note: Not every Targaryen was a Dragonrider, and not every Dragonrider was a Targaryen.

Jorah and Viserion, I think there was that moment when Dany taught their Dragons to spit fire on command. Jorah utters the word Dracarys and Visersion does as commanded.

Dany Drogon

Jorah Viserion

Tyrion Raegal

Jon already has Ghost, so I think George stacking him up with a Dragon is not likely to happen.

Note: Not every Targaryen was a Dragonrider, and not every Dragonrider was a Targaryen.

Jorah and Viserion, I think there was that moment when Dany taught their Dragons to spit fire on command. Jorah utters the word Dracarys and Visersion does as commanded.

Why Jorah?

That doesn't convince me.

Archived