Who was Margaery sleeping with?

Rippounet

It's all in the title really. I hope I haven't missed anything, but it seems to me this is one of those little mysteries you don't pay much attention to but that could prove important later on.

We know Cersei's accusations are false, but when Pycelle tells her he has been supplying moon tea to Margaery the confession seems genuine. In other words, it seems true that Margaery has been "active."

Now, who she slept with may not be important. But she may have used her charms to win an important ally, or an important person may be in love with her. Either way, Margaery's lover could seek revenge on Cersei (and Tommen). Which might be important for what goes down in King's Landing in the future.

Any ideas as to who it could be? My personal favorite is Aurane Waters. He's young and handsome, Cersei thought he fancied her (which would be ironic), and he has ships which could play an important role in the story. Also, he was the one telling Cersei Loras had been grieviously wounded on Dragonstone and if this turns out to be false (as some thing) it means he was likely a Tyrell man all along. We're led to believe he became a pirate, but who's to say he won't come back to stab the Lannisters in the back at the right moment? Alternatively, if he's a Tyrell man his fleet could show up around Oldtown to fight the IB.

I read an interesting theory that Aurane and Loras were getting it on actually. Not a ton to go on but 1 night when Cersei calls the small council together she notices that Aurane and Loras are wide awake and the others clearly just woke up.

I agree she was sleeping with someone, in the Kevin epilogue Pycelle make it clear his confession was genuine, so he was providing her with moon tea. Some people say she was getting it for a friend, I don't see how that makes any sense.

Aurane would be a nice twist, it's also possible she did bang Renly and did not want a black haired baby coming out.

I still don't trust Pycelle's confession.

He admits that he gave Margaery contraceptives ONLY when Cersei starts "investigating" whether or not Margaery was faithful? Seems a little too timely. Plus, Pycelle is a well known Lannister Toady, so it makes more sense that he would just be trying to aid Cersei on her railroading attempt.

I read an interesting theory that Aurane and Loras were getting it on actually. Not a ton to go on but 1 night when Cersei calls the small council together she notices that Aurane and Loras are wide awake and the others clearly just woke up.

I agree she was sleeping with someone, in the Kevin epilogue Pycelle make it clear his confession was genuine, so he was providing her with moon tea. Some people say she was getting it for a friend, I don't see how that makes any sense.

Aurane would be a nice twist, it's also possible she did bang Renly and did not want a black haired baby coming out.

Why would Margaery get moon tea from Pycelle? The Tyrells have to know he's a Lannister loyalist.

I think she did get it from him, and probably threw it away unused. The Tyrells intended for the rumor of Margaery being unchaste to get to the Lannisters so that Cersei would focus on that. I think the Tyrells and the Faith are working together, and that Margaery being imprisoned was a trick so that Cersei would not realize there was a conspiracy.

Why would Margaery get moon tea from Pycelle? The Tyrells have to know he's a Lannister loyalist.

I think she did get it from him, and probably threw it away unused. The Tyrells intended for the rumor of Margaery being unchaste to get to the Lannisters so that Cersei would focus on that. I think the Tyrells and the Faith are working together, and that Margaery being imprisoned was a trick so that Cersei would not realize there was a conspiracy.

She is quite the actress...but ya, I think she actually was involved in killing Joff, so she's cagey, but Mace is also a good actor then, and ya...not so much, unless you think Olenna brokered this.

Can't moon tea be used to control menstrual cycles, kind of like modern birth control? I'm not sure if that's canon but I could have sworn I've seen it discussed here. If it's legit, Margaery could have just ordered tue stuff for that.

In this setting, there's no honest reason to "control" menstrual cycles other than preventing a pregnancy and there's no reason to do that unless you're sleeping around. It's why this is damning "evidence" against her.

Regarding the Moon Tea, here's the text from the book:

Cersei: “Say it!”

Pycelle: He cringed. “Moon tea,” he whispered. “Moon tea, for …”

Cersei: “I know what moon tea is for.”

Cersei assumes Pycelle will say something like: “Moon tea, for …(avoiding pregnancy)”. But it's just as likely he could have said “Moon tea, for … (one of her cousins)”

So who knows...

Regarding the Moon Tea, here's the text from the book:

Cersei: “Say it!”
Pycelle: He cringed. “Moon tea,” he whispered. “Moon tea, for …”
Cersei: “I know what moon tea is for.”
Cersei assumes Pycelle will say something like: “Moon tea, for …(avoiding pregnancy)”. But it's just as likely he could have said “Moon tea, for … (one of her cousins)”
So who knows...

Thanks! I was about to check the quote but you beat me to it!

I think you and A Bastard Snow are right: she asked the moon tea for someone else. It makes perfect sense that she wouldn't go to Pycelle for herself, or at least that she would tell him it was for someone else. It also makes sense that Pycelle was about to say "for her cousin" but Cersei intimidated him and he didn't have the balls to contradict her.

With that in mind, it's not even certain that she slept with anyone. In fact, one of her cousins may well confess to taking that moon tea during the trial.

Well /thread I guess. Thanks for clearing that up.

Archived