Who was Margaery sleeping with?

Rippounet

Was Pycelle even telling the truth, though, or did he simply figure out what Cersei wanted to hear? After all, the conversation began with "admit it, you murdered Gyles Rosby, Margaery told you to!". And ended with "Lord Gyles left to us all his gold and lands, comprende?" "Wha... yes, sure, why not, whatever you say...". Cersei invented her own reality, and Pycelle went along. So maybe moon tea was Pycelle's answer for "what would satisfy that crazy woman?".

Why would Margaery get moon tea from Pycelle? The Tyrells have to know he's a Lannister loyalist.

I think she did get it from him, and probably threw it away unused. The Tyrells intended for the rumor of Margaery being unchaste to get to the Lannisters so that Cersei would focus on that. I think the Tyrells and the Faith are working together, and that Margaery being imprisoned was a trick so that Cersei would not realize there was a conspiracy.

I vote for this. I don't buy that the Queen of Thrones would let Maergery ask Pycelle for anything. Margery is also a resourceful girl, she should be perfectly capable of procuring moon tea on her own.

I am intrigued by Waters, tho. One of those "why bring it up at this point if it doesn't have some future purpose?" things. I have felt suspicious of him from the first appearance.

For what it's worth, I think Pycelle was telling the truth.

Moon Boy.

Seriously.

I have to confess I've wondered whether there wasn't more to that fool than meets the eye, especially with the "Mushroom" character in AWOAIF... But I think he's more likely to be someone's spy than the little queen's lover.

Regarding the Moon Tea, here's the text from the book:

Cersei: “Say it!”

Pycelle: He cringed. “Moon tea,” he whispered. “Moon tea, for …”

Cersei: “I know what moon tea is for.”

Cersei assumes Pycelle will say something like: “Moon tea, for …(avoiding pregnancy)”. But it's just as likely he could have said “Moon tea, for … (one of her cousins)”

So who knows...

:agree: As Admiral Ackabar would say......."IT'S A TRAP!"

No one.

:agree:

Was Pycelle even telling the truth, though, or did he simply figure out what Cersei wanted to hear? After all, the conversation began with "admit it, you murdered Gyles Rosby, Margaery told you to!". And ended with "Lord Gyles left to us all his gold and lands, comprende?" "Wha... yes, sure, why not, whatever you say...". Cersei invented her own reality, and Pycelle went along. So maybe moon tea was Pycelle's answer for "what would satisfy that crazy woman?".

:cheers:

I thought the septons checked her hymen also and said it was not intact. Now we know Cersei says highborn girls can break it on horseback as if their hymen is more easily broken than a lowborn, but.... Renly even jokes with Loras about the fact that he knows Marg isn't a virgin. Maybe she was only banging people before she met up with Renly. She also talks to Sansa very knowingly about sex for a virgin. Her sexual activity could have all taken place at Highgarden before but I do think Aurane Waters is worth keeping in mind. Why bother having him make a fleet then disappear unless it will come into play later. I like the idea he was a Tyrell man from the start and took Cersei's fleet to back up the TYrells, love it!!

As well as an abortificant, tansy was actually also used as a fertility aid and to prevent miscarriage. It can also help get rid of intestinal worms and was also used to lighten the skin.

So I don't know if moon tea (which contains tansy) has the same uses in westeros. Isn't one of margaerys companions pregnant?

Why didn't Cersei even consider the fact that Margy might be having a lesbian affair? She's projecting everything else she does onto the girl, why not that, too?

And it doesn't seem all that implausible, looked at from Cersei's twisted point of view: Cersei seems to be sure Margy is an indiscriminate and insatiable nympho slut, and her husband can't be satisfying her yet, so if she's being careful not to get herself pregnant, what better way to do that than to restrict herself to women for a while?

I realize that it's harder to find evidence for, and may not be considered as bad a sin (she's still cheating on the King, but at least there's no risk of cuckolding him with a bastard), but surely it would be enough to get the Faith to put her on trial, and embarrass her and harm her credibility.

I've always been hopeful regarding Waters reappearence

I always assumed he would reappear when someone has an important story in the Narrow Sea, as opposed to on Westeros. Dany still has to get her massive army across the sea. Arya has to get home. Davos and Rickon have to return from Skagos. Euron would probably eventually like to control all the coasts, not just the southwestern ones. And so on.

Varys killed Kevan because he was threatening to stabilise the crown right? So I think it's reasonable to assume he killed Pycelle for the same reason. SO this makes me think that Pycelle's confession was false, as in trial it could easily be proved false, helping Margaery to regain power and go some way to stabilising the realm. Therefore, Varys killing him makes it more likely that both Margaery and Cersei will be found guilty, resulting in the chaos he wants. Let me know if this interpretation is a bit ridiculous.

no one.. her hymen was broken horseriding... she asked moon tea for her cousin alla, the innocent one.

the rest is made up by Cersei

Yeah, her or Elinor. Ser Tallad was after her too, and if they had sex and she got pregnant, her betrothal to Alyn Ambrose would've been at risk

Varys killed Kevan because he was threatening to stabilise the crown right? So I think it's reasonable to assume he killed Pycelle for the same reason. SO this makes me think that Pycelle's confession was false, as in trial it could easily be proved false, helping Margaery to regain power and go some way to stabilising the realm. Therefore, Varys killing him makes it more likely that both Margaery and Cersei will be found guilty, resulting in the chaos he wants. Let me know if this interpretation is a bit ridiculous.

But if Pycelle's dead he can't testify that he gave Margaery the moon tea in the first place... Since I'm not sure hearsay is accepted in Westerosi trials and Cersei is not considered very reliable anymore, Pycelle's death makes it easier for Margaery to claim she was never sexually active.

Even if Cersei gets someone to speak for Pycelle (which seems unlikely to me), Margaery's cousin can still confess it was for her...

So, on the contrary, I think Margaery's case is easier to defend now. All she has to do is prove that Qyburn extracted false confessions under torture. Which won't necessarily be that hard since there's this giant corpse walking around as evidence of Qyburn's folly.

Archived