Penny Dreadful III: Be my Little Scorpion [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

I need Griffin (aka the Invisible Man) to be the new character John Logan teased. I'd be fine with Jekyll/Hyde too, but the Wells novel is just so awesome and underrated and PD could make wonders with the character.

I just feel they would be treading water with that.  The show already is dangerously close to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, adding Griffin or Dr Jeckyl/Mr Hyde just would add to that.  I'm of the opinion as stated that Logan was referring to Dracula when talking about writing a new literary character but if not that I'd rather see them add Dr Moreau or Randolph Carter

• 1 month later...

So, seems if like me you are interested in following the production of Season 3 you should keep an eye on twitter (annoying, since I don't actually have twitter). In particular, the twitter account of Christopher King. He recently tweeted the episode title of the premiere as

[spoiler] The Day Tennyson Died [/spoiler]

Interesting title.

They also started to film today, it seems.

So, seems if like me you are interested in following the production of Season 3 you should keep an eye on twitter (annoying, since I don't actually have twitter). In particular, the twitter account of Christopher King. He recently tweeted the episode title of the premiere as

[spoiler] The Day Tennyson Died [/spoiler]

Interesting title.

They also started to film today, it seems.

Yeah I'll just wait, even though spoilers probably wouldn't bother me all that much. I decided, about halfway through the last season, that my enjoyment of the show was down to Eva Green, the philosphical stylings of Lyle, and the cinematography. It's stunningly beautiful for a low(ish) budget TV show. The plot I became increasingly meh about, hissing witches and the Dorian sub plot with Brona, from subtle exposition  to high camp, not the trajectory I imagined from the opening episode. Speaking of camp I'm grateful Lyle will be around for S3, he's kind of the most awesome thing on TV.

You do not have to have a twitter account to read what is said on twitter.  If there is a hashtag you want to read, a google search will find it, but it's better to search on twitter directly.  Or merely go to someone's twitter account and read what they said.  If you see them using a hashtag, click on it to see what others using it are saying.  It ain't more complex than using a search engine.

As long as we're throwing in somewhat random thoughts about PD: I realized recently that I really liked Billie Piper's potrayal of Brona's excitement and delight at seeing a theater show in S1, and think it's a better acting moment for her than the ones where she's giving apocalyptic-related speeches to Whitey and Dory.

You do not have to have a twitter account to read what is said on twitter.  If there is a hashtag you want to read, a google search will find it, but it's better to search on twitter directly.  Or merely go to someone's twitter account and read what they said.  If you see them using a hashtag, click on it to see what others using it are saying.  It ain't more complex than using a search engine.

Oh i know. This is just me taking my chance to moan about twitter :p Dont rain on my complaints!

Anx couldnt disagree more about John Clare/Caliban/The Creature being boring. He's a very complex and fascinating character. Same with Frankenstein, I think he's a real creep and deeply disturbed but cant help feeling sorry for him. And i think the S2 finale makes it quite obvious he isnt pointless or irrelevant

Eta: Whitey and Dory :lmao:
I think the whole Brona/Lily thing is great. The way its built up from episode one is great in retrospect

Pffft Brona/Lily fucking rocks. I honestly haven't been so satisfied with a whole season of television (not counting comedy) in AGES as Penny Dreadful season 2...ok maybe Banshee. My two fave shows at the moment.

I was absolutely satisfied with season 2 from start to finish and that doesn't happen with me all that much lately. Billie Piper was brilliant this year, can't wait for season 3.

So that's possibly two new characters from literature as Dr Seward is from Dracula  and is one of Lucy's suitors.(although obviously male though)

Yeah, seems like more or less the same Dracula character, as she is supposed to be a therapist treating Vanessa.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/penny-dreadful-season-3-spoilers-819324 Some further details. Five guest start appearances: Wes Studi as a Native American tied to Ethan (suggesting he does in fact get to America) Shazad Latif as Dr. Jekyll, Christian Camarango as a zoologist who befriends Vanessa, Sam Barnett as Seward's secretary, and Jessica Barden as Justine, an acolyte of Lily and Dorian (Let the Immortal army reign supreme! :commie: :D ).

Pretty happy with the news. Loved LuPone in the Cut Wife episode so I'm happy to see her back. We'll see how they handle her as being a new character (not that Vanessa has a particularly great track record at recognising people ;) ). And more Lily and Dorian shenanigans is always welcome. Wonder how this Justine girl fits in. Is she another Immortal? Or a mortal they recruit to their cause?

On Lupone's character: it could all be in Vanessa's head. She is playing Vanessa's shrink. What if Dr. Seward is actually a different person, but Vanessa sees her as the Cut-Wife?

And Wes Studi looks to be a series regular, not just a guest star, for which I am very excited. It looks like a lot of next season may be taking place in America.

Archived