GRRM reading a new chapter on 21.6.2015 in Hamburg/Germany

shaggy_rick

There are news reports that GRRM will be reading "from an unpublished manuscript" tomorrow in Germany.

He attends the Harborfront Literature Festival in Hamburg / Germany.

http://www.ndr.de/kultur/buch/George-RR-Martin-Habe-tausend-Leben-gelebt,georgerrmartin100.html

It is said that there would be a live stram on sky, but not on the german NDR.

First up, George will be in Hamburg for the Harbourfront Literature Festival, where he’ll be reading a chapter from The Winds of Winter, and likely to be answering questions as well. Despite early reports that this event would be livestreamed, this event is apparently not being streamed at all. It’s not impossible there’ll be an after-the-fact video from the event (as there have been with a number of GRRM’s public speaking events), but we’ve no information as yet whether that will be the case.

Doesn't seem there is going to be a live stream. But there are several boarders going, including a boarder who always takes copious notes if it is a reading of material never seen/heard before. Expect him to post a thread if it is new stuff.

Personally I'm not convinced it will be something we've not heard before. But I may be pleasantly surprised.

How boring! They even canceled the live streams only to have GRRM read an already published TWOW chapter - WTF?? And in retrospect even the announcements are wrong. The news report stated:

"und liest aus einem bislang unveröffentlichten Manuskript."

which translates to "and reads from a currently unpublished manuscript". Not: "a chapter from his unpublished book". I was so hoping for something new!

How boring! They even canceled the live streams only to have GRRM read an already published TWOW chapter - WTF?? And in retrospect even the announcements are wrong. The news report stated:

"und liest aus einem bislang unveröffentlichten Manuskript."

which translates to "and reads from a currently unpublished manuscript". Not: "a chapter from his unpublished book". I was so hoping for something new!

This was reading from a currently unpublished manuscript. Arianne I has not been published yet. It will not be published until Winds is released

Archived