Game of Thrones Spin Offs

Logicsbane

How cool would some feature films be down the road of ASOIAF related content?

So many cool tales, like the 'Dance of Dragons', the Original Targaryan Conquest...etc....

What I would be most stoked to see would be a trilogy ( once the books are done, of course).

Part 1: The Mad Kings Decent into madness, the tourney at Harenhall w/ the Mystery of the Knight of the Laughing Tree/ Rheagars proclamation of Lyanna Stark as the queen of love and Beauty.

Part 2: Rheagars ' abduction' of Lyanna Stark, the Starks reaction at the red Keep, the beginning of Roberts Rebellion up to the Battle of the Bells.

Part 3: the Battle of the Trident, the Mad Kings murder, Roberts claim, Ned Starks relief of Storms end, the final conflict at the tower of Joy and of course the ' Promise' Ned makes to Lyanna to end the trilogy .

That would be pretty Epic, and cool to imagine who would be cast as Rheagar, Mad King, and younger versions of Ned, Robert, Selmy, Arthur Dayne, Jaime, etc...

I know I would shell out some cash for that exciting period of events captured on film.

Thoughts?

I've said for a while that the novels we are currently reading are NOT the story of the defeat of the others or the return of Spring: it is the story of the BIRTH of the heroes who will eventually go on that quest.

As such, I expect we will see a sequel series (not written by GRRM, because the man simply doesn't have the time left) about Rhaego and his siblings. It will be set in the future, perhaps 10 or 20 years after the end of A Dream of Spring, and the Stallion, Kraken, and Wolf Dragons are young men coming into their own and dealing with their places in the prophecy in their own different ways.

I've said for a while that the novels we are currently reading are NOT the story of the defeat of the others or the return of Spring: it is the story of the BIRTH of the heroes who will eventually go on that quest.

As such, I expect we will see a sequel series (not written by GRRM, because the man simply doesn't have the time left) about Rhaego and his siblings. It will be set in the future, perhaps 10 or 20 years after the end of A Dream of Spring, and the Stallion, Kraken, and Wolf Dragons are young men coming into their own and dealing with their places in the prophecy in their own different ways.

Jumping the shark, there?

How cool would some feature films be down the road of ASOIAF related content?

So many cool tales, like the 'Dance of Dragons', the Original Targaryan Conquest...etc....

What I would be most stoked to see would be a trilogy ( once the books are done, of course).

Part 1: The Mad Kings Decent into madness, the tourney at Harenhall w/ the Mystery of the Knight of the Laughing Tree/ Rheagars proclamation of Lyanna Stark as the queen of love and Beauty.

Part 2: Rheagars ' abduction' of Lyanna Stark, the Starks reaction at the red Keep, the beginning of Roberts Rebellion up to the Battle of the Bells.

Part 3: the Battle of the Trident, the Mad Kings murder, Roberts claim, Ned Starks relief of Storms end, the final conflict at the tower of Joy and of course the ' Promise' Ned makes to Lyanna to end the trilogy .

That would be pretty Epic, and cool to imagine who would be cast as Rheagar, Mad King, and younger versions of Ned, Robert, Selmy, Arthur Dayne, Jaime, etc...

I know I would shell out some cash for that exciting period of events captured on film.

Thoughts?

Robert's Rebellion would be really cool. Or some of the D&E stuff.

Doesn't seem to me that is GRRM s intent . It could happen when he's worm food, but I think he will have a climactic ending.

Robert's Rebellion would be really cool. Or some of the D&E stuff.

For sure. Roberts rebellion would be the most appealing to show fans probably. I don't really know many young actors from the UK for casting the younger versions of the characters we all love. Rhaegar seems like a dynamic character . One whom you Inthink you would sort of hate then learn to love. It would take a talented actor to pull it off, not to mention the look.

We'll have to see how and where the story ends, but the show is so insanely popular and well-reviewed that I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see a spin-off way down the road (think about how up until a few years ago, there was supposedly never going to be another Star Wars movie). I agree that a prequel series or movie about Robert's Rebellion and the Mad King seem most likely.

Would be cool but would never happen. The reason I believe this is the story is already told so prequels wouldn't be as exciting to producers. Most prequels are written after the original story to tie it to the future events.

GOT isn't as big as Xmen and Star Warts but it is big enough where it could happen. Movies would make more sense.

For sure. Roberts rebellion would be the most appealing to show fans probably. I don't really know many young actors from the UK for casting the younger versions of the characters we all love. Rhaegar seems like a dynamic character . One whom you Inthink you would sort of hate then learn to love. It would take a talented actor to pull it off, not to mention the look.

And a more "balanced" view of Daddy Tywin to boot.

It would be cost prohibitive, but an anthology series that covered a different event every season would be pretty cool. Some of the stories I'd like to see covered: the long night, the Night's King, Brandon the Shipwright, Valyria vs. the Rhoynar, the Doom, the Conquest, Dance of Dragons, War of the Ninepenny Kings, and Robert's Rebellion.

If they did Roberts Rebellion they could have (at a push) 4 seasons (maybe with the last one focusing on the Iron Islands rebellion)

Series 1) set everything up, end with Jon Arryan raising his banners

Series 2) all major battles etc. end with the sack of Kings landing

Series 3) resolve what is left, siege of Storms end, ToJ, siege of Dragonstone

Series 4) iron islands

Dunk and the Egg stories would be fantastic including Roberts Rebellion and see the shows insight on the rebellion.

Truth be told it could be something not from we have seen already or read in the books. Especially since the world is so vast and complex.

Maybe Asshai or something. Give us insight to areas from from Westeros lol.

Archived