ASOIF Guessing game XVII: Who has the worst attitude in Planetos? - guessing #15

Castellan

Anyone can play, Just start guessing.

Results so far

#15 Randyl Tarly

#16 Catelyn Tully

#17 Tywin Lannister

#18 Lysa Tully

#19 Bowen Marsh

#20 Petyr Baelish

ASOIF XVII Guessing Game: Who has the worst attitude in Planetos?

​I mean we can all see Westeros and also Essos is just awash with people with bad attitudes, so it should b easy to make a list.

To play just post that you want to play in this thread and start working on your list of the 20 people with the worst attitudes in Planetos, from the very worst attitude (#1) to the still pretty awful but not as bad as those other people, at #20.

PM the list to me, Castellan, do not post it in the thread. Please title your thread 'Worst attitude Game - your board name'. Send by the end of next weekend 4-5 July.

Check The Rules below if you have not played a guessing game before. (Note I have added some clarifications to the rules at the bottom of this post and will continue as they arise from people's lists.)

Previous Guessing games and their results:

I. Most Loved Character: Arya Stark
II. Most Hated Character: Ramsay Snow
III. Sexiest Character: Jaime Lannister (male) / Arianne Martell (female)
IV. Most Badass Character: Asha Greyly
V. Funniest Character: Dolorous Edd Tollet
VI. Best Death: Ned Stark
VII. Best Actor/Actress: Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister
VIII. Character You Most Want to Survive: Arya Stark
IX. Most Dangerous Character: Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish
X. Favorite Minor Character: Sandor Clegane
XI. Favorite Historic Character: Dunk
XII. Favorite Dynamic Duo: Jaime & Brienne
XIII. Favorite House Sigil: House Stark
XIV. Most Tragic Character: Theon Greyjoy
XV: Favourite Castles and Strongholds: Winterfell

XVI: Favourite chapters: ASOS The Red Wedding

The Rules

The game begins by each player sending me a PM with your top 20 lists. Please title them 'Worst attitude game - Your board name'. Send as soon as you can.

The chapter you rank #1 will be given 20 points. After that the chapters in the list get 19, 18, 17 points, so on, until the chapter you put down as your #20 gets 1 point.

In every round (excluding top 5) you'll be given a hint to identify the chapter. You can either gamble by nominating one chapter only, to obtain 5 points for a correct guess, or you can give three choices in order - and for the correct one you'll be getting three, two or one points respectively. Each round will last about 48 hours.

We can discuss scores for final 5 once we get there. You can get an idea by looking at recent games. :)

I think for this game I'd like to drop the special scoring for tied chapters. But if people want to keep it, let me know. Otherwise, for tied chapters, I'll just rank the one that was nominated by the most people higher.

You can join in this game anytime, it doesn't matter if you sent a list on or not. And if you sent it, you don't have to guess if you don't want to. The more lists the better!

Once we start the guessing rounds, I'll add a list of each round's chapter here, and hope I remember to keep it updated. If not, please remind me.

I am hoping to have two guessing games going at once. The other is on Worst Mistakes Made by a character. Please consider signing up for both - it will be fun.

• Lady Stoneheart and Cateyn can be on the list separately.
  • People alive at the time of Robert's rebellion can be on the list as well as anyone alive in the course of the books. (this is different for the Worst mistakes game which is restricted to the time period in ASOIF).

Signed up so far:

Night'sQueen
Grietnog
Annara Snow
lil' ghost
The Wolf Lord's Daughter
Jon's Queen Consort
Lord Sapna
Julia H

(bolded=list sent)

and a shadow is going to send lists but probably won't enter all the guessing

Please join us...

By worst attitude, what is meant - someone who is just genuinely a terrible person and has terrible attitude to people, or someone who is not so bad, but has an "attitude" that puts people off or can get them in trouble?

I think its best to let each player decide that for themselves.

I admit I first thought of it as a tongue in cheek, sort of teen magazine way of deciding who is the worst person (like, Hitler has a bad attitude) but I fully expect some players will go the other way, and focus on people who may not be evil but suffer from 'attitude', or use a combination, which is fine.

Are the lists requested at the moment?

I wasn't requesting them but maybe I will say PM me your list. We'll just assume we'll we get enough players.

Re the worst mistakes, I think we need some guidelines about the kinds of mistakes. I am inclined to say it has to be a specific action by a character not a behavioural trait or series of actions. e.g. we couldn't for Cersei say 'be so paranoid about other people that you act in a way that makes them attack you'. But you could say 'Try to get Margaery framed for adultery' or 'arrange the murder of the High Septon Tyrion appointed'. I think if you want to have an action by a group of characters that's Ok too although I can't think of many examples.

For the worst mistake lists, please put them in the format below and spell out the name of the character/s in full as this will help with sorting them in a spreadsheet

Name of character; Book and chapter in which the action takes place or in which we hear about it; description of the action

eg

1 Edddard; AGOT 6: agreeing to be hand of the King.

Signed up so far:

Night'sQueen

Grietnog

Annara Snow

lil' ghost

The Wolf Lord's Daughter

Jon's Queen Consort

Lord Sapna

Julia H

and a shadow is going to send lists but probably won't enter all the guessing

Please join us...

aha! No-one has asked that yet. I am inclined to say no, because otherwise we'd have the entire Targ dynasty on the list.

But maybe people alive at the time of Robert's rebellion would be OK.

Archived