ASOIF Guessing game XVII: Who has the worst attitude in Planetos? - guessing #15

Castellan

aha! No-one has asked that yet. I am inclined to say no, because otherwise we'd have the entire Targ dynasty on the list.

But maybe people alive at the time of Robert's rebellion would be OK.

Cool. Another question; are two people count as one or two. For example BloodRaven and 3eyedcrow or Cat and Lady Stoneheart are the same?

Cool. Another question; are two people count as one or two. For example BloodRaven and 3eyedcrow or Cat and Lady Stoneheart are the same?

Interesting. I think I'd say Catelyn and Lady S can be two different characters. But the three eyed crow is basically Bloodraven, isn't it? Tell me why not if you think so.

Interesting. I think I'd say Catelyn and Lady S can be two different characters. But the three eyed crow is basically Bloodraven, isn't it? Tell me why not if you think so.

Oh not I don't disagree. Only Cat is my serious question, BR was just a silly one.

I'm interested. I'll try to make a list during the weekend, but I have never played this game before, so for the moment I can only guess how it goes. :) I'll check out the earlier games.

Regarding the worst attitude list: Is it enough to just send in a list of names - characters with the worst attitude in general - or do we have to list specific occasions when their attitudes are terrible?

E.g. (with imaginary examples):

1. Mr Smith

2. Mrs Brown

(etc.)

Or:

1. Mr Smith watching a ship sink without lifting a finger in Chapter 5

2. Mrs Brown refusing to hear out her husband in Chapter 2

(etc.)

No just their names is OK. But embellishments are fine as I can use them when announcing results. Give a little sample of how people view the character. :)

Regarding the worst attitude list: Is it enough to just send in a list of names - characters with the worst attitude in general - or do we have to list specific occasions when their attitudes are terrible?

E.g. (with imaginary examples):

1. Mr Smith

2. Mrs Brown

(etc.)

Or:

1. Mr Smith watching a ship sink without lifting a finger in Chapter 5

2. Mrs Brown refusing to hear out her husband in Chapter 2

(etc.)

I'm still not sure how to take this topic - as someone just behaving badly, or someone putting on an attitude that's off-putting and self-destructive and gets them into trouble?

To use examples, are we talking the "attitude" of Tywin to the smallfolk, or Tyrion's tendency to shoot his mouth even when it gets him into trouble? Gregor's attitude to the world (kill, rape, torture, burn, beat up, kill some more) or Sandor's way of talking?

And furthermore, are we talking general attitude to the world, or specific attitudes to specific things and people?

I'm still not sure how to take this topic - as someone just behaving badly, or someone putting on an attitude that's off-putting and self-destructive and gets them into trouble?

To use examples, are we talking the "attitude" of Tywin to the smallfolk, or Tyrion's tendency to shoot his mouth even when it gets him into trouble? Gregor's attitude to the world (kill, rape, torture, burn, beat up, kill some more) or Sandor's way of talking?

And furthermore, are we talking general attitude to the world, or specific attitudes to specific things and people?

I don't know if I did the right thing, but I tried not to focus on criminal or psychopathic behaviour (I confess I didn't manage to avoid it entirely though), but rather on "inappropriate attitude" problems regarding the position or situation a character is in. So my list is not full of the likes of Gregor and Ramsay.

The psychopaths attitude (e.g. Gregor) and the other bad attitude that Julia H mentions are the two basic ways you can interpret the topic. I think we will end up with a mixture. My list would have both. Some people would go mainly one way.

Annara Snow, on 05 Jul 2015 - 05:21 AM, said:

I think I would say focus on an inherent 'attitude' rather than just a manner or behaviour. Although obviously we are likely to see their attitude from their behaviour.

If you think their interior view of other people in general isn't that bad but that they are unfortunately rude or gruff or defensively smart-arse or something, I personally wouldn't put them on the list.

I think we are talking about general attitude to other people, rather than specific attitudes to specific things, but there are exceptions to everything and I can think of one or two right now.

I added everything up last night, and will hopefully post tonight my time (about 8 hours from now). I want to do some more checks of my spreadsheet when I get home tonight.

There are a couple of ties, and I think will restrict the list to the top twenty people, no matter that some are bunched up at #8 etc.

I had fun looking at everyone's answers. Some people have a real eye for total a-holes, I remembered horrible people I had forgotten and also some I obviously largely missed when charging through the books. Then there are characters who seem to really get on a particular player's wick, but don't annoy other people nearly as much.

Once i get this one going I will add the other game results up and start that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived