Video Games: Deus X-Machinima (E3 Fallout)

Werthead

Turns out one of those last games I bought was the Talos Principle. I only played for a little bit, to get a sense of what it was (I had no idea, except that it was supposed to be really good and that 'philosophy' was important). Turns out its a puzzle game with one hell of a serious/somber atmosphere. I think I'll really enjoy it. Though it seems like the kind of game that I should really focus on when I play it, to stay in the mood its trying to set, so I'll probably put it aside until I polish off some of other games I've started.

Bill are you still playing Destiny or are you burnt out a bit?

I actually recently got back into it and have been playing more than I ever did. (Actually was up until 4:30 AM running strikes hoping for two more strange coins before Xur left for the weekend... And I finished with 30 minutes to spare! :thumbsup: )

I don't play any raids or such because I never took time to find a clan, but I have a lot of fun with the strikes.

ETA: but I expect to put it on the shelf for Arkham tomorrow

That first Destiny raid was by far the best part of the game. I haven't played in months. For me it got to be like a checklist of things I felt I had to do each week. Things I had done dozens of times before. Too much repetition. I've heard it's a lot better now with the DLCs but it's hard to imagine going back.

Also while the game controls great, for some reason I never found the Crucible to be as fun as Halo, Battlefield or even Titanfall.

Bill are you still playing Destiny or are you burnt out a bit?

Yeah, I still play Destiny a couple nights a week. Finally got Flawless Raider and my Platinum trophy last week.

I'm kind of over the game, but I've got some cool people that I play with so I still show up to hang out. It's still fun, just not something to dedicate myself to - like Bungie wants. The DLC packs were a bit of a let down though. Not sure that I'm going to get the Taken King. At least going to wait a few weeks to get a good idea of what's in it first.

Yeah, I still play Destiny a couple nights a week. Finally got Flawless Raider and my Platinum trophy last week.

I'm kind of over the game, but I've got some cool people that I play with so I still show up to hang out. It's still fun, just not something to dedicate myself to - like Bungie wants. The DLC packs were a bit of a let down though. Not sure that I'm going to get the Taken King. At least going to wait a few weeks to get a good idea of what's in it first.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure it all out. The price point feels high to me on it though.

The Digital Deluxe edition has some neat stuff that it includes (exotic class items/class specific emotes/unique shaders), but its over $70 for it and includes the base game and all three expansions... the regular digital edition is $40. Seems like there ought to be a tier in between that gets you the in-game bonuses without having to purchase all the original content.

The game said it includes three new subclasses... that intrigues me somewhat as it really does offer entirely new gameplay. :dunno:

Here's a question... The Vita. The remote play option intrigues me.

But can you purchase a used one and have it linked to your PSN account? Or is that not something PSN can do? (Like is it permanently linked to the original account?)

Anyone know if there's a huge difference between the PC and Xbone versions of Batman? I stopped by my local Gamestop earlier to grab a new controller and they told me they don't have my preorder information (it was lost somehow). They didn't have another PC version available so I just said fuck it and dropped another preorder on the Xbone.

The incompetence of the store aside, I'm interested in performance loss if any of you have information.

Anyone know if there's a huge difference between the PC and Xbone versions of Batman? I stopped by my local Gamestop earlier to grab a new controller and they told me they don't have my preorder information (it was lost somehow). They didn't have another PC version available so I just said fuck it and dropped another preorder on the Xbone.

The incompetence of the store aside, I'm interested in performance loss if any of you have information.

It's not gonna look as good as it will on high settings on PC (assuming your PC can run it at high settings anyway) and it's locked to 30fps on console as far as I know. Those should be about the only differences so if none of that matters to you I wouldn't worry about it.

You could just cancel your Gamestop preorder and preorder through Steam instead though.

It's not gonna look as good as it will on high settings on PC (assuming your PC can run it at high settings anyway) and it's locked to 30fps on console as far as I know. Those should be about the only differences so if none of that matters to you I wouldn't worry about it.

You could just cancel your Gamestop preorder and preorder through Steam instead though.

Damn about the 30fps thing, and thanks for the info. I knew there'd be a drop to run it, but I was hoping against hope they were gonna get 60 fps out of the consoles. As for the preorder through steam, I thought about it but I like my physical copies.

But can you purchase a used one and have it linked to your PSN account? Or is that not something PSN can do? (Like is it permanently linked to the original account?)

It would be pretty shit if you couldn't do a hard resent on a used Vita. Indeed I would expect the seller to wipe it completely before selling it. So while I can't answer definitively because I haven't had personal experience, it would seem pretty essential for you to be able to re-set remote play on a used Vita.

Questions is, there are so few Vita's out in the wild, so is it easy to get your hands on a used one? There are whispers of Vita getting a healthy price cut, so buying a new one may become viable some time in the not too distant future.

Speaking of 30fps locks, some idiot news sites like Gamespot were claiming that Fallout 4 was locked to 30 FPS on all platforms including PC. They claimed that Todd Howard himself had confirmed this, forcing a bewildered Pete Hines to come out and confirm that PC is not limited while consoles are locked to 1080p/30fps.

I just finished Oddworld New'n'Tasty. I utterly failed in the slave rescuing department only managing to get the save half of the slaves trophy right at the end. I don't know when I caused over 50 casualties. Anyway, visually it is of course vastly superior to the PS1 games. But I still put Abe's Exoddus at the top. The best thing about the Oddysee remake was the quick save of course. Are they remaking Exoddus? I'll be all over it if they do.

One interesting stat is that according to my trophy list the number of people who have earned the gold trophy for finishing the game is about 2.5% of people who own the game. According to my performance stats in the game I ended up in about 42,500th position for how fast I finished the game and how many Mudokens I saved. And of course you only earn those stats by finishing the game. So if 2.5% = at least 42,500 (I wasn't in last place so it's more than that) then that means the game sold at least 1.7 million on PS4 alone. I imagine Oddworld Inhabitants must be pretty happy with that. I don;t know if multiple plays puts your ID on the lists multiple times, but it would make sense that each list only contains the playthrough data that represents your best performance.

The other thing is that 2.5% completion rate is a terrible completion rate for a game that's been out for a long time. The gold trophy is an automatic unlock for finishing the game, so there is no way anyone finishes without getting that trophy. I get the feeling that games which are on the montly free for PSN+ subscribers would tend to have a low completion rate. I have about 15 games I've accumulated for free from PSN+ and I've only completed Tomb Raider (2013) and New'n'Tasty so far. Though my son finished Bioshock Infinite, so technically that means 3 of my PSN+ free games have been completed, in my house. I am denying myself any further AAA games until I get through more of my PSN+ library. So that means Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 are on the yet to buy list. I am also glad that Uncharted 4 is not coming until 2016, and that Rise of the Tomb Raider will not be coming to PS4 until at least 2016, which means there is pretty much nothing to really tempt me in the AAA release schedule for the rest of the year.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure it all out. The price point feels high to me on it though.

The Digital Deluxe edition has some neat stuff that it includes (exotic class items/class specific emotes/unique shaders), but its over $70 for it and includes the base game and all three expansions... the regular digital edition is $40. Seems like there ought to be a tier in between that gets you the in-game bonuses without having to purchase all the original content.

There should be, and it's been a bit of a hot topic lately. I wasn't really concerned about the extra, but after seeing this interview I'm out.

I was hesitant because the last 2 DLC's weren't worth the asking price. I was locked in because I bought the Collectors Edition with the season pass included. They hadn't shown me enough on those that I'd trust them on the next pack without knowing how much is really in it. But if this is the attitude they have toward existing customers then I'm definitely not going to be buying it.

I may be completely wrong, but.... I think that remote play settings are stored on the memory card. But, yeah, you can reset them. A used one will do fine.

If you end up getting one, do yourself a favor and also get a grip. One of the controller shaped ones. The Vita isn't really designed for long play sessions, and claw hand sucks.

It's awesome though. I use mine for remote play all the time. Most games work really well. Connection can be a little weird though. I can't use it over the internet in my own house, but it works fine if I'm somewhere else. Probably a limitation of my internet service. You can connect directly to the system, but the range is really limited. Good for if you're close by but have to share the tv.

And you'll get more free games from your PS+ membership.

Speaking of 30fps locks, some idiot news sites like Gamespot were claiming that Fallout 4 was locked to 30 FPS on all platforms including PC. They claimed that Todd Howard himself had confirmed this, forcing a bewildered Pete Hines to come out and confirm that PC is not limited while consoles are locked to 1080p/30fps.

I think Bethesda did say that, without realising that by saying "all platforms" it tarred PC with the 1080 / 30 brush. I believe it's been cleared up by Bethesda now to confirm that by "all" they didn't really mean "all" but just meant the gaming consoles.

I think Bethesda did say that, without realising that by saying "all platforms" it tarred PC with the 1080 / 30 brush. I believe it's been cleared up by Bethesda now to confirm that by "all" they didn't really mean "all" but just meant the gaming consoles.

No, Bethesda stated they never said anything about it, they never corrected a statement they didn't make. They simply stated that it won't be locked on PC because these articles were getting a large amount of attention by claiming otherwise,

Aww, I forgot to grab a few last things during the Steam Sale before it ended.

Mainly the Season Pass for Bioshock Infinite. It wasn't the best deal but it's as good a I've ever seen it get. (fuck DLC)

Aww well, I guess I've got enough to occupy me till the fall sale. Or until GMG or someone has one.

Archived