Choose your Lord

Hi guys, did you miss me? (I know my absence was devastating but you don't get be a Lord Ser Septon Maester by sitting around the Interwebs all the time).

Anyway, fairly straightforward, let's say you're a smallfolk and you get to choose which lord's domain to live in, you pick...

During WOTFK I pick Lysa Arryn because staying home and not dying appeals to me and if you never have to meet her (remember most smallfolk will never do more than catch glances of their lords) the fact that she's crazy isn't so bad.

If I have to actually serve directly under the lord, I pick Ned Stark since he's the least dicky lord towards his men and hey, if you're gonna die, might as well do it in style.

If I was of a lesser house, I would want my overlord the Lord of Winterfell. Well, except with recent events, it’s not 100% who that is. I would like to live in a region with as little confusion on succession as possible. Which would that be? It’s a complicated line of succession from little Lord Robert to his heir, but everyone seems to agree on who the heir is. Maybe the Eyrie, then.

If I was smallfolk, I would prefer to live in Dorne. They stayed out of the War of Five Kings. I would like to live near the water gardens. Elsewhere in Dorne I would worry about drought or other harsh conditions, but the water gardens seem nice. I bet it makes parents very happy to see their children become the playmates of royalty.

The North and Starks as my overlords.

The North is big plus there is the Winter Town which doesn't seem to be harassed at all and White Harbor seems like a well organized city. The Starks also don't seem power hungry or all that corrupt and I can always complains about my situation.

Dorne also seems like a nice place the Martells/Dornishmen seem okay.

The Vale/Arryn is also okay.

Hightower

Seems like a competent lord under one of the most competent liege lords. Also located in the nicest, most prosperous region, with the greatest army in the realm protecting it. I still can't help but think it will be wrecked by Euron though.

Hightower

Seems like a competent lord under one of the most competent liege lords. Also located in the nicest, most prosperous region, with the greatest army in the realm protecting it. I still can't help but think it will be wrecked by Euron though.

Come with me to Highgarden. I think it's far enough inland to be somewhat safe.

Archived