What's bugging you?

TheReal_Rebel

Another reconnaissance in force from the ants this morning. Again I beat them back, but at the cost of being able to sleep in. Some skirmishing just now by the window (hitherto untouched by the fighting), which is worrisome. I don't think this is over yet.

Now the fruit flies are advancing. Oh the humanity!!!!

We must stand united. FOR THE EMPRAH!

Another reconnaissance in force from the ants this morning. Again I beat them back, but at the cost of being able to sleep in. Some skirmishing just now by the window (hitherto untouched by the fighting), which is worrisome. I don't think this is over yet.
We must stand united. FOR THE EMPRAH!

I believe you may need to bring out the biological weapons.

"Don't start arguing with someone who is older than you and knows more facts about this country through experience than you do out of a textbook!"
Yes, I'm glad you are here to impart your wisdom about those "evil blacks" (:rolleyes:) who stand on street corners waiting to mug us, and those "filthy foreigners" who parade through our streets shouting to kill our soldiers and how the solution is to "send them all to the firing squad". My youth, statistics and "textbooks" could never hope to counter such intuitive arguments and generalisations from an elder.
Sometimes humanity makes me despair.

Eesht, Helena, I hate those "you don't know the way of the world, I'm older than you so I know better" tirades. My SO - and by default, so do I - gets that a lot from his family. He's the youngest of 3 siblings, whereas I'm the eldest of 3, so it can be extra difficult for me to sit there and be told I know nothing, Jon Snow. Gits. That's also what's bugging me, but it bugs me every damn day. Also, the complete lack of support. People are full of "thoughts" and sentimental bullshit, but when push comes to shove, nobody's there to help you.

trying to apply for something important and failing all the basic tests because im stupid what more proof do i need that i should just stay in my shitty job forever and then die 

And eesht again. Bit much. Did you have time to prepare for the tests? Second time lucky! :)

trying to apply for something important and failing all the basic tests because im stupid what more proof do i need that i should just stay in my shitty job forever and then die 

:grouphug: You'll sort something eventually Theda. There loss that they aren't getting you

Eesht, Helena, I hate those "you don't know the way of the world, I'm older than you so I know better" tirades. My SO - and by default, so do I - gets that a lot from his family. He's the youngest of 3 siblings, whereas I'm the eldest of 3, so it can be extra difficult for me to sit there and be told I know nothing, Jon Snow. Gits. That's also what's bugging me, but it bugs me every damn day. Also, the complete lack of support. People are full of "thoughts" and sentimental bullshit, but when push comes to shove, nobody's there to help you.

Ugh, that sounds awful. Fortunately I don't have to engage with this particular person very often but when I do I'm just left seething. Can't imagine having to put up with it on a regular basis. Hopefully you manage to get your own place soon though, that should help a bit right?

When I did not have a house I wanted to sell real estate agents would not leave me alone.

When I had a house I wanted to sell but legally couldn't real estate agents still bugged me.

Now I have a house I want to sell and a court order allowing me to do so I can't get anyone to get back to me about it.

Archived