MLB 2015: Kris Can't Hold My Joc

Myshkin

Like pretty much everybody I'm a fan of the long ball, but it's really, really nice to see the Dodgers score some runs with good old fashioned timely hitting today.

Bryant is better than Joc. Better power, more consistent, gets on base more, just a better all around player.

Considering Joc's OBP and SLG are both higher than Bryant's I'm gonna suggest you check your facts.

So Giancarlo Stanton is out four to six weeks with a broken hamate bone in his hand. That's pretty sucky, not just for the Marlins, but for baseball fans in general. Stanton is a total stud and he was in the midst of his studliest season yet.

So Giancarlo Stanton is out four to six weeks with a broken hamate bone in his hand. That's pretty sucky, not just for the Marlins, but for baseball fans in general. Stanton is a total stud and he was in the midst of his studliest season yet.

Boo.

I was really hoping to see him in the HR derby.

Bryant and Joc are entirely different players with entirely different positive skill sets. Bryant is and will be a better pure hitter who won't strike out nearly as much as Pederson. Bryant's power will also eventually come close to meeting Pederson's. Pederson has more raw power and is a plus defensive player with Adam Dunn style high walk/high strikeout totals. So, direct comparisons are difficult.

That being said, while Pederson is winning the ROTY race, I wouldn't trade Bryan't's pure offensive ability and potential for Pederson.

I'm gonna disagree with you slightly; I think Bryant will probably end up edging Joc in the power department, but I think he'll also end up striking out at about the same rate. A lot's been made about Joc's strike out rate, which is indeed high, but Bryant's is in fact slightly higher at the moment.

Archived