Golden company

LordImp

You think the golden company may appear on the show ? Jorah said he served the golden company and Davos mentioned the golden company in S4 . It's not a lot of references to them , but i think they might appear.

My idea is that Varys or Illyrio will give the golden company to Daenerys , i think the GC will serve the same purpose on the show as they did in the books , but they serve Dany instead of Aegon.

Were the sellswords Davos&Stannis hired in Season4 not supposed to be the GC (non-canonically?)

Somebody mentioned their banners in S4E9 showing the symbol of the GC but I'm not sure.

You think the golden company may appear on the show ? Jorah said he served the golden company and Davos mentioned the golden company in S4 . It's not a lot of references to them , but i think they might appear.

My idea is that Varys or Illyrio will give the golden company to Daenerys , i think the GC will serve the same purpose on the show as they did in the books , but they serve Dany instead of Aegon.

The Golden Company is supposed to not break any contract, them turning their backs on Stannis would be lame.

Pros:

- Jorah is Jon Connigton (show)

- Jorah was - for a time - member of the Golden Company (show)

- The Golden Company has a pact with Targaryen line (books)

- Stannis apparently refuses hiring the Golden company, but then he hires sell-swords anyway (?) (show)

- The Golden Company is a force worth 10.000 men, Stannis never had so many (books)

Cons:

- Davos mentioned hiring the Golden Company (show)

My Take:

- Stannis never hired the Golden Company, they were mentioned to prepare the ground for Daenerys Targaryen hiring them.

Source: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Company

The Golden Company is supposed to not break any contract, them turning their backs on Stannis would be lame.

Pros:

- Jorah is Jon Connigton (show)

- Jorah was - for a time - member of the Golden Company (show)

- The Golden Company has a pact with Targaryen line (books)

- Stannis apparently refuses hiring the Golden company, but then he hires sell-swords anyway (?) (show)

- The Golden Company is a force worth 10.000 men, Stannis never had so many (books)

Cons:

- Davos mentioned hiring the Golden Company (show)

My Take:

- Stannis never hired the Golden Company, they were mentioned to prepare the ground for Daenerys Targaryen hiring them.

Source: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Company

I think they may be confused, the stormcrows did have an appearance, and they did deserted

Archived