Howland Reed

MegaTechPC

So how important do you think Howland Reed will be in Winds of Winter? Will he get POV chapters or will he even make it in at all? Its getting awful late in the series and I just don't see how GRRM can possibly put off getting into Reed and the Tower of Joy stuff much longer. I think this will be the book that we finally start to get some resolution to the nearly 20 year questions everybody wants answered. So what do you guys think (and sorry I'm sure this topic has been discussed ad nauseam but it just popped in my head)?

no pov, but we will learn something because he is the only person alive who knows what happened at the TOJ

It's possible that some other people know as well.

"I was with her when she died," Ned reminded the king. "She wanted to come home, to rest beside Brandon and Father." He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses. Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes. Ned remembered the way she had smiled then, how tightly her fingers had clutched his as she gave up her hold on life, the rose petals spilling from her palm, dead and black. After that he remembered nothing. They had found him still holding her body, silent with grief. The little crannogman, Howland Reed, had taken her hand from his. Ned could recall none of it. "I bring her flowers when I can," he said. "Lyanna was … fond of flowers."

Howland Reed could be living at Greywater Watch with his wife Jyana, eating frogs. His wife Jyana might be Lyanna, but doubt it. So many things could have happened, he could have taken a sword thrust meant for Ned,or blocked one, Then Ned hears Lyanna scream his name, and Arthur Dayne, super honorable chivalrous knight,(lets SK get new sword) , says, "Go see your sister, while there's time, I'll be here." Or some shit. Ned sees and promises Lya to...protect her children.

Or maybe he netted and poisoned him, but not likely considering Neds respect and friendship.

And maybe she has Jon or...

Jon and Dany

Jon and Dany and Meera (this one has lya alive as jyana Reed)

Jon and Aegon

Jon and Dany and Aegon

Aegon and Dany

Dany

Aegon. (The Aegon ones have Haldon Halfmaester as Arthur Dayne and maybe Lemore is Lyanna)

Howland Reed could be living at Greywater Watch with his wife Jyana, eating frogs. His wife Jyana might be Lyanna, but doubt it. So many things could have happened, he could have taken a sword thrust meant for Ned,or blocked one, Then Ned hears Lyanna scream his name, and Arthur Dayne, super honorable chivalrous knight,(lets SK get new sword) , says, "Go see your sister, while there's time, I'll be here." Or some shit. Ned sees and promises Lya to...protect her children.

Or maybe he netted and poisoned him, but not likely considering Neds respect and friendship.

And maybe she has Jon or...

Jon and Dany

Jon and Dany and Meera (this one has lya alive as jyana Reed)

Jon and Aegon

Jon and Dany and Aegon

Aegon and Dany

Dany

Aegon. (The Aegon ones have Haldon Halfmaester as Arthur Dayne and maybe Lemore is Lyanna)

Prove it

The quote I provided shows that there was someone other than Lyanna, Ned and Howland in that that tower. Obviously I can't prove it since I don't have access to the future books. But that quote is enough evidence to believe that there was someone else there. Otherwise, GRRM wouldn't have written "they". Chances are that it's Wylla and that's why she became Jon's wetnurse. But it's all just speculation at this point.

Archived