I DID IT

Theda Baratheon

Congrats Theda! I've only know. You on here for a short time but I'm so happy you've done it! We all had faith in you! :) Now get out there and celebrate! :cheers:

I still think the British system of grading is weird and unnecessarily complicated, but congratulations, T. :)

I don't understand this grading system but you seem pretty pleased so congratulations!!

It's fairly simple. Third class honours is (generally) the lowest award (usually requiring 40% minimum) lower second class honours (2:2, or a Desmond...) is next, with a minimum of 50% needed, then is upper second class honours (2:1) with a minimum of 60%, and finally a first class honours which is 70% plus. (Might have got those percentages wrong though). 2:1 is great, and usually what postgrad courses and employers require.

:D

basically I think 2:1 is like a good B but it also matters which Uni you graduated from and Cardiff is a Russell Group Uni and one of the top 25 in the UK.

so feeling a bit snazzy right now :cool4: :cool4:

As a science graduate, I'm supposed to inform you that BAs don't really count regardless of where they're from, but that's a total lie :D

In related good news, my brother just made the comeback of the century - he failed and had to repeat second year, yet has somehow fast-talked his way into a 2:1 Physics BSc from Sheffield!

Archived