Besides Tyrion, who would be the best Hand?

zammey12

Excluding Tyrion and other previous Hands, who would be the best Hand of the King. I'll cast a vote for Sam Tarly. As long as he can stay behind the scenes, I thing he'd be an alright ruler. I don't know how well he would do if he had to sit in for the king, though.

I think Samwell Tarly might make a more than decent maester, but he's no Hand material.

Tywin, Jon Arryn, Ned Stark, Tyrion, they all had more to give. Surely Ned was not fit for the game of thrones, but he was a wise man with a strong will.

The Samwell Tarly we'd known so far never had the guts to stand his ground against powerful men. Or any men, for what we've seen so far. Good bookworm, loyal friend, but not much else. The Hand also leads military campaigns for the King. Tywin did so, even JonCon, Tyrion. Can you see Samwell Tarly give commands to military men?

Anyway, my answers.

Jon Snow might be a really good Hand. But I really doubt that will be his fate.

Jaime too. His redemption arc has seen him learn some tricks from his dad, uncle and brother. His riverlands journey was brilliant.

Davos.

Victarion.

The first few names that come to my mind.

Excluding Tyrion and other previous Hands, who would be the best Hand of the King. I'll cast a vote for Sam Tarly. As long as he can stay behind the scenes, I thing he'd be an alright ruler. I don't know how well he would do if he had to sit in for the king, though.

I don't know how good Sam would be as the Hand, he will be a great Maester, but is he cunning enough to be the Hand of the King? Would he be able to make the tough decisions, perhaps even ruthless decisions? When a couple of lords come in over a land dispute and start yelling him and he pisses his pants how will that fly? Alot of questions about Samwell, I think he's best suited to be an academic and a healer.

The Jaime Lannister we saw in AFFC wouldn't be bad. His antics in the Riverlands suggest that he may have grown into somebody who really is capable of the job. If not, Doran Martell wouldn't be a bad bet.

I agree. My other idea would be Kevan Lannister.

However, I think Samwell would be a rubbish Hand. He doesn't have the stomach to make the hard decisions.

I think Samwell Tarly might make a more than decent maester, but he's no Hand material.

Tywin, Jon Arryn, Ned Stark, Tyrion, they all had more to give. Surely Ned was not fit for the game of thrones, but he was a wise man with a strong will.

The Samwell Tarly we'd known so far never had the guts to stand his ground against powerful men. Or any men, for what we've seen so far. Good bookworm, loyal friend, but not much else. The Hand also leads military campaigns for the King. Tywin did so, even JonCon, Tyrion. Can you see Samwell Tarly give commands to military men?

Anyway, my answers.

Jon Snow might be a really good Hand. But I really doubt that will be his fate.

Jaime too. His redemption arc has seen him learn some tricks from his dad, uncle and brother. His riverlands journey was brilliant.

Davos.

Victarion.

The first few names that come to my mind.

I'll argue for Sam. He is certainly gaining more courage as the series goes on. I think he'd be able to hang in with some of the more powerful men. I believe he wouldn't be a great military commander, but if he had assistance, I think he could gove orders to men. If Tyrion can, I think Sam could.

I don't know how good Sam would be as the Hand, he will be a great Maester, but is he cunning enough to be the Hand of the King? Would he be able to make the tough decisions, perhaps even ruthless decisions? When a couple of lords come in over a land dispute and start yelling him and he pisses his pants how will that fly? Alot of questions about Samwell, I think he's best suited to be an academic and a healer.

Completely agree. He is best suitable for a maester than a hand.

My choices would be: Jaime, Davos , Doran, Blackfish and I think Renly would have been a good hand.

I agree in saying Jaime could be capable, if he applied himself, of course. Kevan too.

Davos has made a capable Hand for sure.

I'd say Doran, Randyll Tarly, and Bronze Yohn Royce all have the right stuff to make a good Hand.

I agree in saying Jaime could be capable, if he applied himself, of course. Kevan too.

Davos has made a capable Hand for sure.

I'd say Doran, Randyll Tarly, and Bronze Yohn Royce all have the right stuff to make a good Hand.

Doran would be a good hand, very intelligent, patient and calculating...not prone to rash decisions unlike his nieces

Damn, I was going to say bloodraven until I read

Want to say davos, but he is too low born.

I'm going to cast my vote for jorah. He's an excellent advisor, seasoned warrior... but hopefully he won't fall in love with me, couldn't blame him if he did though ;)

Damn, I was going to say bloodraven until I readWant to say davos, but he is too low born.

I'm going to cast my vote for jorah. He's an excellent advisor, seasoned warrior... but hopefully he won't fall in love with me, couldn't blame him if he did though ;)

I dunno, Jorah can make bad decisions when it comes to women, some rival to the Iron Throne, could hire some concubine to seduce Jorah into making terrible decisions

Archived