Tourney at Harranhall Pic

I have noticed something about this photo. In fancasting in tumblr Eva Green as Queen Sibylla of Jerusalem http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1573620736/ch0006618?ref_=chmd_md_nxt

have been used as Ashara. In the image next to what is seems to be Elia over the Martell banner is a woman who looks like Sibylla and I bet that she supposed to be Ashara.

^Then who is suppose to be Elia? That scarf girl in orange seems like Elia to me than Ashara. Ashara seems like the last girl from left.

Also don't the Starks have brown hair? In WoIaF, Arya, Jon, and Lyanna seem to have black hair than brown.

(btw, Arya looks like a mini-Lyanna, it's soo cute!)

Do you actually need the banners? As it was said, the pic focus more on drama (specially the reactions of the men and women sitting there) than putting alla banners to show. The Daynes banner isnt there neither.

Yes. It would be a grave insult to the other Lord Paramounts not to show their banners (or be sitting in the front row). An potentially-civil-war-starting insult.

The Dayne banner is not shown because the Daynes are not on that level of nobility, and there is a damn good chance that there is no Dayne in the picture anyway.

No there isn't it is almost sure it is Ashara, she was lady in waiting for Elia who would she be?

A Martell, probably Elia herself. She's wearing Martell colours and the coronet of a princess. A coronet with a sun (and probably a smaller spear) in the center.

And it isn't an insult to not put the other lords banner since they went alone and didn't have comitive

All the Lords Paramounts and their Houses are on the same social level. Honoring only a few of them with their banners is indeed a grave insult. What's worse, at least for the Starks the actual Lord Paramount is not present. Hoster Tully, Mace Tyrell, Jon Arryn, Quellon Greyjoy, they would take precedence over Brandon Stark.

Stuff like that has caused wars in the past. If there are no banners, no members of other Great Houses are shown on this picture. Kingsguard members excluded.

John suburbs it can't be barristan since it was him who fought against Rhaegar in the last joust

, Fat Mac the only great house confirmed to not have been at the tourney are the Lannisters

That's right. Scratch Barry. He's still clanking around down in the lists.

I think the whole thing about banners is off the mark because the pic is not meant to provide historical accuracy. Logically, the banner directly beneath the king would be the host, House Whent. So merely having the Starks in the place of prominence is inaccurate to begin with, and so would having all these higher lords behind the Stark pups.

So Blue Eyes is probably right that these guys are just nobodies, but even medieval artists were known to sneak little digs at the high and mighty from time to time, so even though he might deny it the artist could have used the high lord's images to depict these "commoners."

I am sure this is intended to cram as many notable people in as possible, not to factually represent how everyone was seated. I am positive that the others in the picture are intended to be notable people who attended, but the focus is on Rhaegar, Elia, Lyanna, Stark bros, and Robert.

• 2 weeks later...

Lyanna is in the middle no doubt about that now the large man with baratheon colors is obviously robert while the man he has his hands on is, I believe Brandon as he has his hands on him seemingly calming him down and if you look at his face he seems shocked but insulted aswell which would make them man to the right of lyanna with the slightly longer hair Ned beside him probably Oberyn although I always envisioned him as a bit more fancier almost like show Oberyn next to him I believe is Elia Martell and Then...Ashara Dayne!!! Oh how I would love it if the Tv series would depict the ending of the tourney at harrenhal because this cast of characters is on point lol

Yeah, I keep going back and forth on the man that Robert is restraining being either Ned or Brandon. Reading the text, it should be Brandon because Ned was described as having no outward reaction to the gesture at all. But Brandon was said to be the largest of the three Stark sons, so that would put Brandon in the middle, to Lyanna's right, considering he is the eldest Stark present and would be seated directly above their banner.

• 1 month later...

Archived