San Diego vacation

Whitestripe

• 4 weeks later...
Ok so we are here. Condo rental is fine, but I sorta feel like it's in Spring Break Central. A bit too Jersey Shore, if you know what I mean. Previous beach vacations have been NC Outer Banks with houses right on the water and no tacky t-shirt shops steps away. My sister picked this place. Having never been here before I might have sprung for la Jolla or further south now that I have seen it. However, it's fine. We have an nice deck and we are one row in from the bay and it's been 5 years since the whole family has been together, so I can't complain too much.

activities so far:

swimming in the ocean three days. (Children love the boogie boards that came with the house)
Swimming in the bay twice (children have masks and have seen schools of fish and rays, much to their delight)
Collecting shells in bay, shells at ocean seem to be lacking
Been stand up paddle boarding in bay (boards came with house, older cousins are good! My 9 year old rocked too!)
Been kayaking in bay
Visits to la Jolla cove (sea lions right there on beach!!)/shell beach/children's pool. Surf was rough. Kids lovesc rocky shore and I got my parents on the actual beach for the first time in a decade.
Visited zoo
Visited Old Town (tourist crap!!!)
We'rve got two more full days and planned activities are more bay time (it's a hit and my parents will go) a trip to Cabrillio and a trip to the Aquarium. Delia asks about roller coaster at Belmont Park every day, so we'll have to do that.
It's been cloudy at night so sunsets have been meh.

Over all, not bad.

Archived