Queen of Fire - Anthony Ryan

john

Found this thread by chance, I have purchased the book on Audible and done a re-listening to the first two books, just to refresh my memory. now, as I read the reviews and reaction to this book, I am hesitant ,I want to enjoy this last book :/

Anyway, I will wait till the next Joe Abercrombie's book, so I will have a good book to return to if i was disappointed by this one.

:cheers:

Found this thread by chance, I have purchased the book on Audible and done a re-listening to the first two books, just to refresh my memory. now, as I read the reviews and reaction to this book, I am hesitant ,I want to enjoy this last book :/

Anyway, I will wait till the next Joe Abercrombie's book, so I will have a good book to return to if i was disappointed by this one.

:cheers:

It will be released in Wednesday, so if you read Queen of Fire now, you'll be just in time to read Half a War when it'll be released.

If that book dissapoints, I'll give up in the fantasy genre.

It will be released in Wednesday, so if you read Queen of Fire now, you'll be just in time to read Half a War when it'll be released.

If that book dissapoints, I'll give up in the fantasy genre.

So Far, Joe Abercrombie hasn't disappointed (Me personally) , so I think you will still have your faith in the Fantasy Genre.Also I hope he continues to write in the world of Half a King, since I fell in love with it

Also, I wish to read (The Last Mortal Bond) By Brian Stavely which will come out next year, lets hope he doesn't screw this one. :unsure:

The way this has turned out reminds me of Peter Brett, another very promising first book and then a steady derail for every next volume.

Hopefully the Thorn of Emberlain will be the volume that reminds of us Lies of Locke Lamora again, quality wise. Scott is definitely not declining like Brett and Ryan, but each book is worse than the one before. Still, I do have faith in him.

Havn't read this and now don't think I'll bother: have other things to read. I rather liked Blood Song, and thought Tower Lord was pretty bad with some major redeeming qualities (Frentis), and it's kinda dissapointed to hear he didn't recover things with this one. Wars and battles are actually really difficult to make very interesting and satisfactory to read, I find, and it's always kinda tough to avoid anti-climax when you set up something like the Ally.

My problem with Daylight Wars is that the story has TOO MANY FLASHBACKS instead of moving the plot forward, we are still stuck in the same place but only from different POVs, also, the romance between the warded man and his lover felt so out of character , I mean he left Leesha for HER? come on

I had hoped to learn more about the demons themselves.

now we are going to wait for this series to end when it could've ended as a Trilogy

I got the book but after reading all of your reviews I don't think I'll go through it. It's kinda sad that all of these new series that started out with so much promise have become steaming piles of shit - Bloodsong was brilliant but then became crap, same for the demon cycle and the powder mage series.

And though I was disappointed in the broken eye by Brent weeks I still have some hope for the fourth book. Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne is still going strong though - I thought book 2 (Providence of Fire) was brilliant. Can't wait for book 3.

This isn't complete shit so far, but damn is it dull.

Yup.

I'm at about 60% and struggling to remember from chapter to chapter what's happened or who people are. At no point has this grabbed my attention at all. 

Also, this whole "instant transition to badass" is getting dull. It was ridiculously implausible when it was Reva, it's ridiculously implausible when it's the Female Brother (Illan?). You simply don't become some world-ending badass ninja warrior capable of mowing down hundreds of soldiers with 6 months of training on the road. 

Archived