what will happen between Jaime, Brienne & Stoneheart ?

SOMEONE has to die. I don't see any scenario where all three survive without it being ridiculous

Well Martin has recently said Stoneheart is one the characters he wishes wasn't cut from the show and that she has an important role. And I doubt Jaime will die....

So Brienne ? not sure her story is finished either..

The premise of this thread is unproven, and probably false. There is not going to be a 3-way encounter between Jaime, Brienne and Stoneheart. The word "sword" represents the choice to "take the sword and kill the kingslayer"; and not "take the rope and tie up the kingslayyer and bring him to me".

In my research on Norse mythology, I found that in this particular instance there are 3 figures of importance. Tyr was a one handed god of war who fought with the hellhound Garmr, where they both end up killing each other. Garmr was the guarding dog of Hel, the Norse Underworld, and ruled by the goddess Hel.

There are several undeground locations in Westeros, two of those with weirwood roots. Hel is supposed to be located underneath one of the Yggdrasil roots (the world tree), then the frost-giant world is located at another root with the well of knowledge. The third root ends either in the world of man or the world of the gods, but with a well of justice. The location Hel is part of Niflheim, the misty world with 9 frozen rivers (a land of rivers). Hel the person became the ruler of Niflheim and Hel after she was thrown in one of Niflheim's rivers. Hel is half blue/black and half flesh-color (like those photoshopped dark/light images of the show characters).

In anology with that info, we could identify Bloodraven's cave with the frost-giant world and the well of knowledge. One eyed Odin sacrifices himself to the tree to learn the runes (signs that are also prophetic) and sacrificed his eye to drink from the well too. The WF weirwood tree and the dark pond could be the location of man, justic as well as the gods. Underneath WF we have crypts with all the passed Lords of WF with swords in their lap. Dead warriors slain in battle went to either Walhalla or Freyja's palace, to prepare for the final battle. That leaves Hollow Hill (with weirwood roots growing everywhere as well) as Hel, and the Riverlands as NIflheim. Catelyn was thrown in the Green Fork of the RL (aka NIflheim), comparable to Hel the goddess, and became the ruler of the BwB who have their main seat in Hollow Hill (aka Hel the location) as Lady Stoneheart (who resembles the description even of Hel the goddess). So, yeah, I reckon LS is an important person, and she's following Odin's way (the hangman's way). Sandor used to be the Hound, but the helmet was nicked by Rorge, and then by Lem. Lem is the Hound now, and he has a guarding function (as explained to Brienne by Thoros after her capture). He perfectly fits the profile of Garmr as the watchdog of Hel.

So, we have a one handed Jaime (who's a war commander) being led by Brienne with a lie about the Hound in the Riverlands, and we know she's part of the BwB ruled by LS with their seat in Hollow Hill, with a member wearing a Hound helmet. Sounds like Garmr and Tyr are about to meet each other and I expect a combat to follow between the two of them, with certainly Lem dying, and most likely Jaime.

There seem to be three scenarios that come to mind.

1) Brienne does as tasked, bring Jaime to LS, and he's killed.

2) Brienne does the "love conquers all" thing, and works with Jaime and the two of them kill LS.

3) Brienne intervenes as Jaime's about to be hung, sacrifices herself to help Jaime escape and is killed herself.

I think Jaime comes over to the good guy side and fights along side Brienne and by exension the BWB against the Freys.

Why? He may be disenchanted with Cersei, he may be coming to the realization that she's not good for him, but I don't see him completely turning on his family, more to the point his children.

It's possible the BwB turns on LS. They're not exactly thrilled with how she's running things.

To save a Lannister?

I see no evidence the brotherhood minds Stoneheart's methods except for Thoros...who still sticks around

Well Martin has recently said Stoneheart is one the characters he wishes wasn't cut from the show and that she has an important role. And I doubt Jaime will die....

So Brienne ? not sure her story is finished either..

No ones story is finished until it is. Stonehearts important role may be as Jaime's killer

To save a Lannister?

I see no evidence the brotherhood minds Stoneheart's methods except for Thoros...who still sticks around

Thoros was who I was thinking of. Honestly, its a pet theory of mine, I guess I don't have much evidence for it. They were supposed to be above the Stark/Lannister feud, non-partial, and Thoros seems like he's deeply disturbed with the way things are currently going. Perhaps he'll see something important in Jaime. Jaime's situation is one of the most unpredictable at this point, but I can't see him going now. I can much more easily see anyone but him dying in his current situation.

Thoros was who I was thinking of. Honestly, its a pet theory of mine, I guess I don't have much evidence for it. They were supposed to be above the Stark/Lannister feud, non-partial, and Thoros seems like he's deeply disturbed with the way things are currently going. Perhaps he'll see something important in Jaime. Jaime's situation is one of the most unpredictable at this point, but I can't see him going now. I can much more easily see anyone but him dying in his current situation.

Thoros, Brienne, and Jaime would be a formidable team if Jaime had his hand. Even just the first two would be quite badass. But is his life it worth betraying their comrades (thoros) or former liege lord (brienne)?

I love Jaime, but from a moral POV he deserves death way more than any of the Brotherhood, including Stoneheart

There seem to be three scenarios that come to mind.

1) Brienne does as tasked, bring Jaime to LS, and he's killed.

2) Brienne does the "love conquers all" thing, and works with Jaime and the two of them kill LS.

3) Brienne intervenes as Jaime's about to be hung, sacrifices herself to help Jaime escape and is killed herself.

Number 2 please!

All three Characters will survive the coming encounter between Brienne, Jamie, & LS...

• LS will be exiled from the BwB... & live out her days roaming the countryside alone looking for her daughters...
  • Brienne, with her chewed, scared face will take the place of LS & lead the BwB...
  • Jamie's future is more difficult to predict, but he will survive & more than likely lead the BwB alongside Brienne...

LS is the only character in the series (currently) who can possibly fuel light bringer - In other words she is the only character who, if stabbed in the heart, would cause the sword to catch fire... LS IS Nissa Nissa... & for this to be fulfilled, LS must survive the encounter in order to die another day...

1) Brienne does as tasked, bring Jaime to LS *uses her sword on Jaime*, and he's killed.

There, I fixed that for you.

The "task", as far as we know, is "take the sword and kill the kingslayer". If there is a task to bring Jaime to LS, we have heard nothing about it.

Archived