My Crazy Rhaella Theory

Okay, so this is going to be really out there, but I figure why not give it a shot.

After going through the text, looking at historical literary parallels, and giving it a lot of thought, I've realized that Rhaella Targaryen (Aerys' wife), is actually none other than... (hold on, I have to insert html stuff to heighten the suspense)

-------------------------------------------------------

Rhaella Targaryen! She's isn't Brienne of Tarth, or Catelyn. She's not Arya, or Tysha, or a time-traveling Maege Mormont. She is exactly who she claims to be.

But wait, you ask - textual proof?

Whenever Aerys gave a man to the flames, Queen Rhaella would have a visitor in the night

See? There's no indication that she is secretly a Blackfyre, planted by Varys & Illyrio to out the Blackfyres on the throne, in that sentence.

The queen your mother was always mindful of her duty.

Again. Now, I know any logical reading of that passage would assume Barristan is about to tell Dany that her mother is actually Serra, Illyrio's wife. But notice the lack of references to famous swords or vague descriptions.

Hence, I argue Rhaella Targaryen is quite possibly the only person in ASOIAF who is actually who she claims to be and wasn't switched at birth, replaced by a Faceless Man or traded places with another character.

Feel free to provide feedback. I know this theory is way out there.

Hence, I argue Rhaella Targaryen is quite possibly the only person in ASOIAF who is actually who she claims to be and wasn't switched at birth, replaced by a Faceless Man or traded places with another character.

Feel free to provide feedback. I know this theory is way out there.

You provided no evidence what so ever that she actually ever personally claimed to be Rhaella. So your theory is bogus. She was clearly the secret daughter of Jahaerys II and Shaera.

Archived