Dating 28 - People aren't fish, just fishy

Sounds like the sort of date I'd love maybe you just need to convince her she needs a holiday? :p

Lily *shakes head* I hope the face heals quickly!

ES that's awesome you were able to get out there and have fun!

Red Tiger just wants to know what bi girls talk about in their spare time, lol.

Well, we talked about family...exes...pets no longer with us...

Lily - have you tried ice? Frozen peas are ideal in the first 48 hours. You can also get bruise cream from your dermatologist or CVS, for an over-the-counter.

Seriously? Don't bi people talk about the same things the rest of us talk about? Am puzzled.

Lily, so sorry for your bruises. If it makes you feel better, I always look like Ive been in a fight on my arms and legs. I run into everything.

Naw Chats. I took it as curiosity about what constituted a conversation with too many feelings.

Answer: One where you get asked very personal questions about emotional motivation and feelings.

I have Arnica cream, thanks for the reminder. It's actually looking a lot better already and I'll be right as rain in a week or so.

brook, I know. Repeats to self, "I am no longer 16. I am no longer 16. I am still an idiot, but I am no longer 16."

Headed out here in a bit as soon as the rain clears. I'm actually kind of nervous. Shit, I think I like this one. Somebody go rent me a uhaul.

I don't even remember him but I'm sure I disapprove :p

:rofl: at Lily, that story got better with each tiny morsel.

Chats are you sure you didn't go on a date with my clone or something? I love talking about feelings, talking about stuff you aren't supposed to talk about on first dates (like exes) etc. I like it so much I seem to be almost amateur counselor to 5 or more friends now :p and I like that too.

I don't get the general opposition to talking about feelings as I associate it with that rigid masculinity I rejected, but in all your cases I suspect there are quite specific reasons rather than the general one. If you ever want to practice though feel free to message me!

I don't get into feelings unless it's been 8 -12 months. I realized it's been 6 months with Mr Sales, and the only feelings we have discussed have been "love it or hate it" on True Detective Season 2.

I asked him if he needed space, because we hadn't said hi in a week, but it was cool, he was with his mom.

You need to be talking about the fact that you thought Conway Twitty was Elvis in last night's episode. This is so worrisome, and it shows a deep and troubling lack of knowledge about some extremely important music history. :P

Is there a word for someone who is easily and predictably won over? If so, I am that word. I am so easily starstruck, by rock stars, you know, musicians. It's such a cliche that it is embarrassing. Some guy with long flowing hair up on stage ripping out an epic guitar solo and I'm like "Can I haves yer babiez?! OMG!" Such a pathetic groupie. Or even worse, some punk band all boyish and ironic, angry and shouting, probably gonna be mean to me. Poetry and Music have been duping ladies for centuries, and so have the "bad boys." Come on, Quorra, evolve already! Fight it! It's a trap! Fight it.

Is there a word for someone who is easily and predictably won over? If so, I am that word. I am so easily starstruck, by rock stars, you know, musicians. It's such a cliche that it is embarrassing. Some guy with long flowing hair up on stage ripping out an epic guitar solo and I'm like "Can I haves yer babiez?! OMG!" Such a pathetic groupie. Poetry and Music have been duping ladies for centuries. Come on, Quorra, evolve already! Fight it! It's a trap! Fight it.

You are not alone. I've kind of grown out of the guitar thing, but I am a sucker for long flowy hair, and (for the life of me, I cannot figure this one out) guys who look like they slept in their car. The scruffier the better. I do not dig dirty, but scruffy is awesome.

You are not alone. I've kind of grown out of the guitar thing, but I am a sucker for long flowy hair, and (for the life of me, I cannot figure this one out) guys who look like they slept in their car. The scruffier the better. I do not dig dirty, but scruffy is awesome.

What is it? Is it some subconscious desire to nurture and fix someone? I hate that thought that I somehow want to be a quasi-mother figure to a grown man who should be able to clean himself up.

As long as I keep my head and rise above it, there's nothing wrong with flirting with the bad boy musicians and, you know, "thinking" about them, on my own. The important thing is not to get involved. They're just for fun. For me anyway, no offense to bad boy musicians out there who are worthy gentleman under your incredibly deadly attractive exterior.

Honestly, I have plenty of friends. I would like someone to hang out with, do things with, etc., but I'm looking for some attraction that was just not there today.

When you do decide that you like someone in this way, he will be a very lucky guy, and I hope he'll know so.

Red Tiger just wants to know what bi girls talk about in their spare time, lol.

Well, we talked about family...exes...pets no longer with us...

Lily - have you tried ice? Frozen peas are ideal in the first 48 hours. You can also get bruise cream from your dermatologist or CVS, for an over-the-counter.

LOL, nah it's not that. but you said she talked about feelings a LOT, I wondered how that convo went.

LOL, nah it's not that. but you said she talked about feelings a LOT, I wondered how that convo went.

See Chats, you owe me a fiver. I will collect at SasQuan.

Ok, so the date went great, but I am NOT used to sleeping with someone in a quiet room who cuddles and who also doesn't have a reading light. Especially not after a particularly intense, but lovely evening. It was way too soon for an overnight. I wound up on the couch with my book at 3am. Brain wouldn't turn off.

Since I can normally sleep anywhere, I suspect this a classic fear response. Since I did NOT jump out of bed at 3am and scream, "YOU"RE ALREADY SUFFOCATING ME!!!!!!!!" I am going to call this a win.

Was dating a girl for a couple months, things going quite well, we've got nearly everything in common (all the superficial things like movies, books, vacations) Been sleeping together since the third date, satisfying on both ends. My birthday was a couple weeks ago and we went kayaking with some friends of mine, no problems there, though she claims to be super shy. The following week she stayed over at my place for the first time, and had a very hard time sleeping. The following weekend she invites me to meet her friends, and we drink and play 'cards against humanity' till late.

I arrange breakfast the next day with friends of mine that live near her. She eventually says she cannot meet attend - needs a day off to do laundry, not sleeping well, ect. Before I head out that morning we had a strange conversation about the number of kids we wanted - I said 3-4, she said 2 or 4 (doesn't like odd numbers). I didn't think anything of it. I text her that night, she is still exhausted, convo ends with me saying that I had a good time meeting her friends, and any night hanging out with her is fun. I'm sensing some weird tension.

I don't hear from her on Monday; she rarely texts first. Friends invited us to go up to their camp on the weekend of the 11th and 12th, so I ask her about it on Tuesday. She says she has a birthday party that weekend, I ask what day so I can know if she can make it. Don't hear back. Eventually text "I guess we'll talk about it this weekend. Are you feeling better?" Have a job interview the next morning. When I get back to my car, I've got a lengthy text message saying she was breaking up with me. Said it was "moving too fast, and that she wasn't ready for a serious relationship, and if I was upset, that showed I was 'more into this' than her."

So its been almost a week. I keep thinking of texting her saying that, based on how much we have in common, i'd really like to keep getting to know each other. I'm really not clear what she means by it 'getting too serious,' but obviously thats a warning sign for me, since my ultimate goal is marriage and kids. She has a major hormone disorder which she has said disrupts her thinking, but I prefer to not think that is playing a role here. There are plenty of fish in the sea, but I thought i'd hooked a good one, and then it suddenly collapsed. Should I send one last text, or just forget about the whole thing?

Yeah. Move on. If you can't, it would be ok, to send a text message acknowledging what she said, and stating that you wish this went a different direction and your hope that she is well. You let her know that the door is open, if you really want it open, and you are respecting her decision.

ETA: From your description, it does feel like things moved a little fast. But this is from the outside in with VERY limited information, so take the observation with a heavy grain of salt. (I was almost going to not say something, but maybe my better...or worse...judgement over ruled me.)

I'm sorry. It sounds like you really liked her. This is a disappointment for sure. You could send one last text but it had better be the last text. Just to say that you like her and would still like to get to know her better if she changes her mind. Wish you all the best, take care. yadda yadda, that kind of thing. Basically saying you'd be open to trying again in the future but you accept that she's not interested. And then it's up to her in the future.

Archived