True Knights.Jamie?

Long time reader of this forum. Just thought I would start posting. Not a theory just wondered about people's opinions.(BEWARE this is about opinions-don't argue aggressively). Just wondered who you think are the 'true knights' of the series. The ones who actually care about doing the right thing,

Off the top of my head:

Beric Dondarrion - Tried to to what he thought was right and help people in a time of war.

Sandor Clegane - A stretch I know. It is ironic because how much he hates knights and The Hound killed alot of people but I feel as if Sandor is in a strange way I admit a true knight.

Brienne of Tarth: Cares about honour and protecting people.

Also has

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, those three indeed are true knights. Others would include Davos Seaworth, Ned Stark, Ned Dayne (if he grows up), Robb Stark, Jon Snow, Edmure Tully, Bronze Yohn Royce, Ser Waymar Royce, Wylis and Wendel Manderly, Jason Mallister, Ser Rolland Storm...

Long time reader of this forum. Just thought I would start posting. Not a theory just wondered about people's opinions.(BEWARE this is about opinions-don't argue aggressively). Just wondered who you think are the 'true knights' of the series. The ones who actually care about doing the right thing,

Off the top of my head:

Beric Dondarrion - Tried to to what he thought was right and help people in a time of war.

Sandor Clegane - A stretch I know. It is ironic because how much he hates knights and The Hound killed alot of people but I feel as if Sandor is in a strange way I admit a true knight.

Also has

Sandor Clegan chased a child down and hacked him to death that is not a knight no matter how long ago he did it.

Davos Seaworth and Brienne of Tarth fit the ideal version of a knight, I think. But some in Westeros wouldn't consider them true knights, Davos can't fight well I don't think and Brienne is a woman. Beric is also a good knight, relatively speaking.

Sandor is a murderer, he fits the "trained killer" aspect of knighthood but not the honor part.

I think it's safe to say that Jaime without Aerys's blood on his hand ( or without that hand) comes close to being a true knight. Close but he still has a final test to prove it.

Without Aerys blood on his hands? That is like one of the few things he did which does honour his knightly vows to protect the innocent

Without Aerys blood on his hands? That is like one of the few things he did which does honour his knightly vows to protect the innocent

Yea killing him and Rossart and the other Pyromanchers is literally the only good deeds.Yet they are outweighed by the attempted murder of two children.

I didn't mean that the act of killing Aerys itself was not a good deed in keeping with his vows to protect the innocent.What I meant was that the period between that act and when Jaime lost his sword hand ( the hand with Aerys' blood on it) was the period when he committed most to every single one of his betrayals to the vows: from fathering the royal bastards to attempting child murder. Before killing Aerys, he was a young knight with great conviction to become great and honorable like Arthur Dayne; after losing the hand he thrives to become Goldenhand the Just, saving Brienne and trying to keep the oaths to Catelyn.

Off the top of my head:

Also has

Sandor has never taken the vows of a knight. He despises knighthood.

Ain't no vows soiled Jaime, Jaime soiled Jaime.

I think that the downfall started when Aerys' KG was just standing there ignoring Rhaella. There was also Cersei's sex trap. Without him being manipulated by Cersei and becoming a KG I don't see how it would had been the same result.

Cersei soiled him.

Again Jaime soiled Jaime, yes Cersei was manipulative but it's Jaime's fault that he got sucked in.

Cersei has been doing it from years and as we see in ASOIAF she ain't that good, Jaime is at fault for being the weak one and following after his sister's vagina.

Archived