Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, NUMERO CINCO

I did not realize Abel and the washerwomen were Mance and the spearwives until like way after I read that part. Afterwards when I realized I was like wow duh. How did I not catch that. This is my guilt ridden confession.

I will add mine to yours. I actually didn't figure out the Bael the Bard is Abel the Bard is Mance the Bard until my 3rd read through! Hangs head in shame.....

I did not realize Abel and the washerwomen were Mance and the spearwives until like way after I read that part. Afterwards when I realized I was like wow duh. How did I not catch that. This is my guilt ridden confession.

I will add mine to yours. I actually didn't figure out the Bael the Bard is Abel the Bard is Mance the Bard until my 3rd read through! Hangs head in shame.....

I only really caught it after reading Feast twice

I successfully guessed that when the show did the RW, Robb's last word would be "Mother".

I totally guessed what was about to happen right before RW, considered mentioning it to my friend who read the books already, then dismissed it as too crazy a betrayal and said nothing. I've always regretted that.

I have trouble recalling what I figured out all by myself and what I learned here.

Same. I think I read about it here. This forum is good for figuring things like this out - but also a slippery slope that can send you head first into tin foil crack pot theory. Keep your footing, kiddos!

I have always hoped Dany will die before reaching Westeros.

I think Jaime will have a major part to play in the battle against the Others.

Roose Bolton's plan on how to hold WF involves magic.

On my reread my opinion of Eddard changed drastically. I now think of him as a self-righteous moralist and a fool. A good perosn still, but a fool nonetheless.

This last one is probably quite common, but I believe Theon will sit the Seastone chair.

-guys, I'll return to this part of the thread in a few more weeks. I'm finishing my health consultations and stuff. I'm fine but I'm not in the mood of dissecting the books, just bashing the show because my doctors say I should do activities that help me release some stress, heh. Love ya and miss you all.

Carry on on my name and honour.

I don't really know you and we never talked or anything like that, but i have to confess that I miss your presence here. I always liked your posts. I hope everything goes OK with your health. Best wishes.

And congrats for Cup America!

some random impressions that I got about what's going to happen, clearly infested w/fanboy wishful thinking:

Arya will kill Walder Frey (or his heir alternatively)

LSH will have LF killed

BWB will help Stannis conquer the twins with some commando-action so his army can march south and get to KL

Dany will have Young Griff killed

Jon Snow and some companions will march to the Lands of always Winter (analogous to the Last Hero) and deal a truce w/the WW. He dies in this act.

The Free Folk will be allowed to settle in the Realm by the King/Queen at the end, Wall will be down

Benjen is held hostage or so by the Others, or they use him as some sort as Embassador or so

Lyanna confessed to Benjen that she loves Rhaegar. He joined the NW because he feels guilty for Lyanna's death by letting her go and not telling their father / calling the guardsmen or so

(I'm still kinda new in this forum, if this doesn't fit here I'm really sorry :( apologies!)

Archived