Looking for a good quote

Hey guys, I was reading the audio book during a road trip last week and heard an awesome quote from a character in the books. I thought to myself that it might be one of my favourites. But when I tried to recall this quote this week I drew a blank, nothing came to mind!

So therefore I need your help if possible. I'm a bit to lazy for re-reading the chapters again. I know that it was from the beginning of the book. Maybe either of these chapters or the chapters inbetween:
The Iron Captain (ch. 18) -- The Reaver (ch. 29)

Not easy but just blurt out awesome quotes that you know from the beginning of the book! You have my blessing, may you always rise again, harder and stronger!!

You are going to have to throw us a bone here, was it a funny, serious, dark, smart quote?

The Kingsmoot chapters are there inbetween, it could be any quote since that chapter is awesome. Is it Meribald's broken men speech?

You are going to have to throw us a bone here, was it a funny, serious, dark, smart quote?

The Kingsmoot chapters are there inbetween, it could be any quote since that chapter is awesome. Is it Meribald's broken men speech?

That is an awesome speech. It might be the: "even a man who have survived a hundred fights can breake in his hundred-and-first". Hard to tell, thanks though!

I would say it was a smart quote, something worthy of a tattoo. And it feels like it's probably from the Kraken's chapters or Brienne's. That would limit the number of possibilities.

So any smart quote from around the Kingsmoot or Brienne on her travels around Maidenpool would be appreciated.

I believe that is from Septon Meribald when he sets out with Brienne, Pod, Ser Hyle, and Dog from Maidenpool. He gives a long speech about how smallfolk often never go a mile from their home then war comes and they travel all over, follow a new lord, take wounds, steal food and silver and then animals from smallfolk like themselves (and then women too) and so on...

let me see if i can find it... it's one of the Brienne POVs. ... Brienne V, which is chapter 25

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just felt like popping one of my favourite quotes here...I recorded it straight away since I think it has major foreshadowing concerning Arya :P

“Some have only one great lie they tell so often they will almost come to believe it…though some small part of them will always know that it is still a lie, and that will show upon their faces.”

Archived