Rant and Rave Without Repercussion: Season 5 Continued (Book Spoilers)

RGBeyondAsshai

I think Daenerys dropping the ring was simply to create another damsel in distress/buddy road-trip for next season, I think people are giving them too much credit if they think it's about Dany finding her identity and leaving behind her past life as the Meereenese Queen. The fact that Jorah and Daario will be able to find a tiny ring in the middle of a huge grassland will make sense because they wanted it to.

I think Daenerys dropping the ring was simply to create another damsel in distress/buddy road-trip for next season, I think people are giving them too much credit if they think it's about Dany finding her identity and leaving behind her past life as the Meereenese Queen. The fact that Jorah and Daario will be able to find a tiny ring in the middle of a huge grassland will make sense because they wanted it to.

Happened in Lord of the Rings so..

We talked about it in s5 e10 RR thread and we all felt sorry for poor Meryn :bawl:

I'd add Slynt to that list too. Like we don't really talk about it much, but they made Slynt into a total coward (he hid with Gilly during the attack, really?) and not that antagonistic to Jon. His beheading this year felt...cruel.

ETA: by "list" I mean like, people who were definitely butchered but we don't really talk about it that much/they're slightly bad in the books so we don't care as much.

I'd add Slynt to that list too. Like we don't really talk about it much, but they made Slynt into a total coward (he hid with Gilly during the attack, really?) and not that antagonistic to Jon. His beheading this year felt...cruel.

ETA: by "list" I mean like, people who were definitely butchered but we don't really talk about it that much/they're slightly bad in the books so we don't care as much.

Yea, and when they had Sam taking the piss out of him for cowardice I was sitting there like, "seriously?".

The best part about this entire exercise in stupidity is how Weiss goes "Daenerys dropped the ring because she's smart!"

Yea, what you people don't know is that Jorah has secretly been a ranger all his life and that Daario has elf eyes.

HAHAHAHA oh my sides :rofl:

Also, while you're at it add Sons of the Harpy to that list too. Not many people noticed it, but they're heavily dehumanized too. I mean, what are they trying to do in show?

Happened in Lord of the Rings so..

Did you just conveniently forget Aragorn had a lifetime of experience as a tracker and he and Legoloas were following a trail made by 20-30 Uruks who were making no effort to hide their trail, a trail that had a clear beginning and led them to where they found the cloak clasp? Or is that supposed to be an excuse for how it gets found by Jorah and Daario in the middle of nowhere because show?

I'm begining to really hate buddy trips. Even in comedies they are used either to establish a conflict or to develop central relationships, in GoT they are fluff and filler. What buddy trip with Jorah gave to Tyrion's character? Except a plot point greyscale (and it didn't affected Tyrion).

I'm begining to really hate buddy trips. Even in comedies they are used either to establish a conflict or to develop central relationships, in GoT they are fluff and filler. What buddy trip with Jorah gave to Tyrion's character? Except a plot point greyscale (and it didn't affected Tyrion).

Tyrion and Jorahs back and forth was one of the best bits of the season.

Archived