NBA Offseason 2015: The DeAndre Jordan's Feelings, nothing more than feelings Edition

Trebla

I was wondering if any of these verbal commitments would fall through, makes sense it would be Jordan. I didn't really understand what the appeal of Dallas was for him. Sucks for the Mavs.

I was wondering if any of these verbal commitments would fall through, makes sense it would be Jordan. I didn't really understand what the appeal of Dallas was for him. Sucks for the Mavs.

Playing for his homestate, me thinks.

Supposedly, Dallas gave him a really detailed, analytics-heavy presentation showing how his numbers would skyrocket in their offense; that he was very good with the Clippers, but being with the Mavs would make him a superstar.

Supposedly, Dallas gave him a really detailed, analytics-heavy presentation showing how his numbers would skyrocket in their offense; that he was very good with the Clippers, but being with the Mavs would make him a superstar.

Bringing truth to the old adage that there are three types of lies: "Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics."

Yeah I doubt DJ can be THE guy on any team. No low post game, no jumper, can't give him the ball in clutch situations. Meh.

Sooooooo... how about that LeBron dude? What's the deal there?

Yeah I doubt DJ can be THE guy on any team. No low post game, no jumper, can't give him the ball in clutch situations. Meh.

Dudes done...can't win a championship....

I'm wondering if they are trying to get another piece and he is waiting to see what they need for $$. They did just get Mo back as well...or he could just be letting the suspense build.

Like the addition of Lee to the C's. Not going to put them over a 7th or 8th seed, but it gets them some more ability down in the paint.

In the last thread I called CP3 a dick for not being able to deal with DeAndre Jordan on a man to man level.

My apologies, as it is pretty obvious what he's been dealing with the last few years.

meh, it's easy to forget that a lot of these dudes are kids. I don't expect maturity from most 24 year olds...

In the last thread I called CP3 a dick for not being able to deal with DeAndre Jordan on a man to man level.

My apologies, as it is pretty obvious what he's been dealing with the last few years.

Agreed, I would get a titanic headache dealing with somebody as wishy-washy as DJ too.

LeBron is still waiting for Tristan Thompson to be offered a max deal for coming off the bench, is what is being reported.

The aim is to bleed Gilbert as dry as possible, though that guy has probably hoarded so much gold that even a massive tax bill will not make him blink. Or maybe just blink once and then get on with life.

I expect they will want to trade Varejao though, he would be superfluous for sure. But again, that's a LeBron buddy.

Like the addition of Lee to the C's. Not going to put them over a 7th or 8th seed, but it gets them some more ability down in the paint.

Agreed. I quietly like the Boston team.

They'll have Lee, Amir Johnson, Zeller, Olynyk and Sullinger for the frontcourt positions, Crowder and Turner at SF, Bradley at SG and Smart and Isaiah Thomas. Very clearly a team that is missing a big piece, nowhere is there an exceptional player, but at the same time all the positions are fairly well covered, Brad Stevens is getting the most out of them, but mostly there is just a fierce mentality in this team that makes them better than they might be on paper.

You'd have to think they'll be a bit better next year, they've upgraded somewhat with Lee and Johnson.

You'd have to think they'll be a bit better next year, they've upgraded somewhat with Lee and Johnson.

Boston may have gotten the second biggest benefit out of DeAndre Jordan flouncing back to the Clips: Celtics have the Mavs' first-rounder next year (top 7 protected) for the Rondo trade. Thanks, Doc and Paul!

I gotta hand it to LeBron, he gets what he wants. And he's a smart business man. Good people around this guy.

LeBron James has agreed to sign a two-year contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers worth the maximum of $46.9 million, sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard and Brian Windhorst.

Boston may have gotten the second biggest benefit out of DeAndre Jordan flouncing back to the Clips: Celtics have the Mavs' first-rounder next year (top 7 protected) for the Rondo trade. Thanks, Doc and Paul!

yeah, I think it's possible they can get a 10-12 out of it; there's still lots of worse teams out there but you never know.

Once he gets Cleveland a title, I will fully agree with you.

I think he has what he wants, he just needs his two sidekicks to be able to play.

Enes Kanter leaves OKC for Portland for a max deal.

I love the almost Kentucky kid... but a max deal for him seems a bit extreme.

ETA: Oh, and after being traded a half dozen times; Luke Ridnour has been released by the Raptors and is now a free agent. I suppose there's still almost 2/3's of the league that didn't own his contract this off season already... :lol:

Enes Kanter leaves OKC for Portland for a max deal.

I love the almost Kentucky kid... but a max deal for him seems a bit extreme.

ETA: Oh, and after being traded a half dozen times; Luke Ridnour has been released by the Raptors and is now a free agent. I suppose there's still almost 2/3's of the league that didn't own his contract this off season already... :lol:

Kanter didn't leave; he signed an offer sheet. OKC can match.

Kanter didn't leave; he signed an offer sheet. OKC can match.

I think Pretsi has to match to give them a shot. If Durant is healthy and OKC does not manage to reach the West conference final at the very least, what will be Durant's incentive to stay other than loyalty? Only if they had opened the purse for Harden....All he had to do was to agree to spend a little over 1 million per year for Harden. No he has to give Enes F*cking Canter a max deal. That trade WAS the worst one in the history of NBA.

Archived