Who will Aegon VI name as Lord of Storm's End?

Obvious? She is a bastard born of incest fathered by Jaime and Cersei she has no claim to Storms End at all.

She has a perfect claim.
As far as whole Westeros except Stannis recognizes, she is a trueborn daughter of Robert, who certainly has been Lord of Storm´s End.
Neither Aegon nor Jon has yet taken an official position about her legitimacy. And neither has Daenerys.
They are therefore free to decide according to political convenience.
True, as far as Baratheon line of seniority goes, Tommen is ahead. But Tommen is sitting Aegon´s throne, and Myrcella has not yet.
Also, Tommen is for the moment outside Aegon´s hands, whereas Myrcella is either in Dorne or on her way to Stormlands.
Plus, Myrcella is a girl. Marrying daughters of defeated foes is a time-honoured tradition. Queen Argella defied Aegon I, yet he spared her.

I like Myrcella but she is a Lannister i can't see JonCon willing to give her anything....

JonCon may not want to give her anything, but he has a King. Aegon has been making his own moves for some time.
Sailing for Westeros, appointing Duck to Kingsguard, capturing Storm´s End...

So Arianne shows up to negotiate the price of Dorne´s support... Suppose she asks for Storm´s End to Myrcella and Trystane?
Jon may not want it. But I am talking about Aegon and Arianne. Could Aegon promise to Arianne to pardon Myrcella either behind Jon´s back or over his objections?

Hahaha i would agree but currently (F)Aegon's no where near strong enough he would need to marry Arianne before he poses a real threat,

the only reason he hasn't been spanked and tossed back in the sea is because the IT is busy. Would Mace really relinquish his daughters Crown to bend the knee to (F)Aegon now that he has achieved his ambition?

WOW Spoiler

[spoiler]Lets not forget in the WOW Arianne sample chapter Teora Toland told Arianne that she dreamed of Dragons Dancing...."They were dancing. In my dream. And everywhere the dragons danced the people died." think it's Euron or (F)Aegon who steals one of Danys dragons?[/spoiler]

Well, the problem is we given doubt to both tarlys and hightowers loyalty. Euron is about to hit the reach- and I think we will lose either Garlan or Willas in the attack. Then we got tarly once again in KL where shit is about to go down between the sparrows and the reachman. Loras is about to fight the mountain- Poor bugger is going to get smashed to bits. Then we have Marg who will end being killed be cersei some how. All we have left is garlan and mace- (going with garlan just because). Garlan is more likely to get himself killed. Mace is probably doomed.

Well, the problem is we given doubt to both tarlys and hightowers loyalty. Euron is about to hit the reach- and I think we will lose either Garlan or Willas in the attack. Then we got tarly once again in KL where shit is about to go down between the sparrows and the reachman. Loras is about to fight the mountain- Poor bugger is going to get smashed to bits. Then we have Marg who will end being killed be cersei some how. All we have left is garlan and mace- (going with garlan just because). Garlan is more likely to get himself killed. Mace is probably doomed.

Im unsure about Tarly loyalty, Randyl Tarly seems a pragmatist and Maces right hand. Kevan thought he could be swayed to their side if offered the position of hand...but why would he abandon the winning side? Maces wife is a Hightower ad she is daughter to the head of Hightower, i think House Hightower is a bomb waiting to go off but i think the Tyrells are safe from revolt.

I disagree Willas will not be in danger as he will not be leaving Highgarden and i don't think Garlan will die fighting the Ironborn.

Loras isnt going to fight the mountain since they are both KG and Marg is going to be tried by judges instead of a Trial by Combat so i see no way they would fight to the death. 

Im unsure about Tarly loyalty, Randyl Tarly seems a pragmatist and Maces right hand. Kevan thought he could be swayed to their side if offered the position of hand...but why would he abandon the winning side? Maces wife is a Hightower ad she is daughter to the head of Hightower, i think House Hightower is a bomb waiting to go off but i think the Tyrells are safe from revolt.

I disagree Willas will not be in danger as he will not be leaving Highgarden and i don't think Garlan will die fighting the Ironborn.

Loras isnt going to fight the mountain since they are both KG and Marg is going to be tried by judges instead of a Trial by Combat so i see no way they would fight to the death. 

It'd hard to argue which way tarly will fall. The man seems to be adept and seems to slights well- but when does mace finally make him crack? The tower mace gave to his son, the ashford victory, and the lazy response to stannis are all really bad ideas by mace.

I suspect Aegon would name Jon Connington lord of Storms but Jcon would refuse because of the greyscale and recommend giving it to a strong Lannister/Tyrell loyalist to make them swap sides. As for the loyalist to help turn to their cause I would put forth Tarly as he is one of the best soldiers in the realm or Lord Rowan who has control of the Tyrell host at Storm's End. 

• 3 months later...

Legitimizing Edric makes the most sense. What I can't see happening is the Manderlys taking Highgarden. Why in the world would a Northern house take over in the Reach? I doubt very highly they'd be welcomed by the bannerman or smallfolk. I'm not sure who would be the best candidate to take Highgarden, but definitely not the Manderlys.

Doubt it, Edric seems to like Ned Stark, that won't bode well JonCon or Aegon

She has a perfect claim.

As far as whole Westeros except Stannis recognizes, she is a trueborn daughter of Robert, who certainly has been Lord of Storm´s End.

Neither Aegon nor Jon has yet taken an official position about her legitimacy. And neither has Daenerys.

They are therefore free to decide according to political convenience.

True, as far as Baratheon line of seniority goes, Tommen is ahead. But Tommen is sitting Aegon´s throne, and Myrcella has not yet.

Also, Tommen is for the moment outside Aegon´s hands, whereas Myrcella is either in Dorne or on her way to Stormlands.

Plus, Myrcella is a girl. Marrying daughters of defeated foes is a time-honoured tradition. Queen Argella defied Aegon I, yet he spared her.

JonCon may not want to give her anything, but he has a King. Aegon has been making his own moves for some time.

Sailing for Westeros, appointing Duck to Kingsguard, capturing Storm´s End...

So Arianne shows up to negotiate the price of Dorne´s support... Suppose she asks for Storm´s End to Myrcella and Trystane?

Jon may not want it. But I am talking about Aegon and Arianne. Could Aegon promise to Arianne to pardon Myrcella either behind Jon´s back or over his objections?

I can see Trystane having Storm's End

I suspect Aegon would name Jon Connington lord of Storms but Jcon would refuse because of the greyscale and recommend giving it to a strong Lannister/Tyrell loyalist to make them swap sides. As for the loyalist to help turn to their cause I would put forth Tarly as he is one of the best soldiers in the realm or Lord Rowan who has control of the Tyrell host at Storm's End.

cut his arm off and toss it in a fire B)

• 2 weeks later...

If the Faegon=Cloth Dragon theory is right Illyrio and Varys may be the ones pulling Aegon strings, so maybe they have another plans, like even one of them being Lord of some place, or somoene they allied with.To be true, i don't even think that these two really have some influence in what Jon C. and Aegon do right now, but it is a possibility for sure. Of course, if Aegon is really a Targaryen or even a Blackfyre he probbably will be the one making the decisions, not the eunuch and the cheese guy, but we can't be sure of anything Aegon will do on the future unless we know if he is Real Aegon, Daemon Blackfyre descendent or Total Fake Dragon.

Edric Storm is BS. Otherwise Connigtons last chapter not thinking about the matter in any way would have no sence at all.

This. Legitimizing Edric Storm and giving him some sort of power would be doing Stannis' job for him, shooting oneself in the foot, up there with arming the Faith Militant in the scale of bad decisions, etc. Same goes for Myrcella. Her claim might be weaker than a legitimized Edric, but she's still in line for the Iron Throne and therefore a dangerous rival to Aegon. 

I think the likeliest options are:

- Strickland

- JonCon. I have a feeling he'll win Red Ronnet to his side when he comes to kill him by promising to make him his heir to SE. 

- As a dark horse: whichever Storm lord declares for Aegon first, a la Edmyn Tully. I think it'll be the Swanns, considering their an untapped power so far since they've been withholding their power and Balon seems poised to switch sides eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a (crackpot?) theory that Aegon names Aurane Waters Lord of Storms End as a reward for naval aid, either by transporting the lost GC soldiers to Westerosi, by assisting him in naval battle(s), or some other such military aid.  (Using Cersei's dromonds.  Heh...  Still makes me laugh.)  ETA: To parallel the Velaryons having an increased naval power.

I came up with this little theory a while ago, so I don't fully recall all the potential evidence/clues that might back it.

Seems as though Aegon has a few empty castles to fill.

Also, I'd love it if House Manderly ended up being the new Lords of Highgarden under Aegon's watch (or at least got promised Highgarden before Aegon invariably is killed.) But seriously, if Aegon takes Westeros I can only imagine that he'll need new lords in Storm's End, Highgarden and Casterly Rock. There's no way to accept the three (two) houses at the very top back into the king's peace should he win.

Isn't it obvious that Tyrion would get Casterly Rock, given that Tyrion put the idea in Aegon's head to go to Westeros and let Dany come to him (seems to be working?).

Speaking of Aegon, he has not appeared in GOT to this point and I've heard no indication that he'll appear in s.6. Are we to take that as a hint that Aegon is not the real deal or that he won't succeed in his conquest? If he's real and keeps going in TWOW I can not comprehend how D&D are going to patch over the differences between their version of the Sand Snakes heading north following Jamie versus Arianne liaising with Aegon and the Gold Co.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be a bit out-there and use the show as partial evidence of my theory.

Edric and Gendry are combined into one "Gendry", who is shipped off to who knows where. The show people clearly thought Edric was more important than Gendry plot-wise, despite the fact that Edric disappears while Gendry has quite a few more fun scenes. To me, this says that Edric will be important.

Now, Edrics only use so far has been how much he looks like Robert and Renly. He is also aknowkedged, which makes him the next best thing to royalty. With a pardon from Aegon, and providing Edric also believes Tommen is not his half-brother (which I'm sure be would have been told multiple times by Stannis' people), why WOULDN'T he be down to inherit his family's ancestral seat? If he has to publicly decline the iron throne in order to become a Lord under a Targaryen and keep Storms End, I say that's a fair price.

I really don't see why JC would automatically decline SE just because he has GS, he can still rule for a while, it would send a message to Baratheon loyalist and he would be able to choose his sucessor.

If he did decline, fAegon would likely give it to the first  storm lord to declare for him (ala Tully) or to the one who brings him the largest army. Legitimizing one of Roberts bastards might be politically savvy but I doubt he would have access to either one, Gendry isn't known to be Robert's and Eric is in Lys, nowhere near them, and he's surrounded by "King's men", loyal to Stannis, who likely won't help fAegon. This and the clear hate JC has to the usurper's line.

I predict the High Sparrow to be an Aegon supporter and they will possibly have Lancel become the lord of Casterly Rock, since he can logically be seen as the heir.

I doubt he'll need to replace the Tyrells because I predict an alliance there but also there's no believable way that he could defeat the army of the Reach. 

Archived