Small Questions v. 10102

"You will marry and you will breed. Every child you birth makes Stannis more a liar." Their father's eyes seemed to pin her to her chair. "Mace Tyrell, Paxter Redwyne, and Doran Martell are wed to younger women likely to outlive them. Balon Greyjoy's wife is elderly and failing, but such a match would commit us to an alliance with the Iron Islands, and I am still uncertain whether that would be our wisest course."

Are the Lannister's not aware of Mellario's and Doran's falling out?  I find that odd since he would likely be keeping tabs on Dorne considering he knew about their desire for revenge.

"You will marry and you will breed. Every child you birth makes Stannis more a liar." Their father's eyes seemed to pin her to her chair. "Mace Tyrell, Paxter Redwyne, and Doran Martell are wed to younger women likely to outlive them. Balon Greyjoy's wife is elderly and failing, but such a match would commit us to an alliance with the Iron Islands, and I am still uncertain whether that would be our wisest course."

Are the Lannister's not aware of Mellario's and Doran's falling out?  I find that odd since he would likely be keeping tabs on Dorne considering he knew about their desire for revenge.

They had a falling out, sure, but they are still married.

That's true, they would need the High Septon to get an official annulment.  Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, annulments from the High Septon are only for marriages Which have not been consummated. Doran and Mellario's marriage clearly has been. An annulment for them is no longer an option, and Westeros doesn't know any divorces.

If I'm not mistaken, annulments from the High Septon are only for marriages Which have not been consummated. Doran and Mellario's marriage clearly has been. An annulment for them is no longer an option, and Westeros doesn't know any divorces.

I need to find a copy of the seven pointed star to read.  :dunno:   

Or for when you're an asshole and your son weds a smallfolk in secret.

I need to find a copy of the seven pointed star to read.  :dunno:   

Jaime thinks along such a line when discussing Tommen marrying Margaery with Cersei, as Tommen is too young to consummate.

Or for when you're an asshole and your son weds a smallfolk in secret.

I wonDer how legal that move was, and whether or not it might come back as a way for Tyrion to undo his marriage to Sansa. The current High Septon doesn't strike me as someone who will be willing to simply undo a marriage due to lack of consummation (holy vows were sworn in front of the gods, after all), but one cannot marry when one is already married, as the Faith disagrees with polygamy.

You misspelled "Tywin Lannister" in two words.

:lol:

Does the shivering Sea freeze during long winters and would this give to peoples of the lands of always winter the opportunity to strike out on two fronts? Westeros & Essos.

It is connected to other seas in the world, thus making it a salt water sea henceforth one should presume that it will not freeze easily, not unless magic is involved which of course is quite possible. 

Thanks, but that isn't the one. Someone else said it came out just before season 5 of the show and had clips from scenes theoughout the show thus far, at one point talking about the Sam vs. Puddles scene, but I can't find it anywhere.

The only person I've seen post that quote is Black Crow. Not sure what the source is though. Try asking in the Heresy thread which BC runs.

Could anyone please tell me if there have been essays, posts, theories about Nordic religions and ASOIAF?
I am looking into some Norse mythology and there are many similarities, I would like to know if anyone has already worked on it at all.

Quick question. The app' states that Rhaegar's dying word was "Lyanna." Has this been confirmed by Elio or GRRM? In other words, is this 100% cannon or not?

Edit: just noticed this is debated on page 12 of the latest R+L=J thread as well... Haven't seen any authoritative answer though.

Archived