Its Official

Seaworth'sShipmate

did brianne who is on a mission under king tommen, said "renly the rightful king" to his OLDER brother???

this show is no longer fan fiction. its parody, plain and simple.

And then she sentenced him to die, although she has no legal authority to do so.

I wish stannis at least got to call brienne a hypocrite before she killed him something like you do realize I'm the older brother right? So go kill me for the "rightful king" with Lannister steel hypocrite but no he tells her to do her duty.

Agreed.

I wasn't happy it was done at all, but if it had to be and he's really gone, the writing for his death scene was awful. Brienne could have come up to him and told him she'd been one of Renly's kingsguard. That she'd been in his tent when a shadow with Stannis' face killed him. That she'd had to run instead of mourn her king because no one would believe her. She could make him confess and then instead of "In the name of Renly Baratheon the true king blah blah" she could have asked him why.

Stannis, who after being forced by writers to burn his child for some melted snow and losing his wife, his horses and his army, wouldn't want to explain. He could say "I murdered your king. I stole your honor. I am a kinslayer, a crime punishable by death. You say you were my brother's king's guard. Do your duty."

It would have been very much in keeping with his character to push and Brienne's to hesitate.

These directors aren't doing their jobs as storytellers if they have to explain in interviews whether a character is or isn't dead.

They don't have to show the head actually being separated from the body...but show the aftermath, or at least offer some other confirmation. In this case especially, the audience had every reason to assume that it didn't happen.

It's possible that they'll provide confirmation of his death early next season, but making us wait was unnecessary.

I liked his final line but that scene was fucking bullshit. Brienne to me represents D & D and they just love using her to get rid of characters people like. If this was there way to get everyone to root for Dany I think they did a fucking terrible job at it. This scene made me dislike Brienne even more because she continues to look like a dipshit when she says Renly is the rightful and true king, yet she carries a Lannister sword where they have a bastard as a King.

It was a big entire joke to me. I fully believe they did not like Stannis and assassinated his character because they loved Renly. Too gratuitous they said...yet they show Sansa being raped/everyone else being beheaded etc.

If he is truly dead, fine. At least they cannot ruin his character anymore.

I liked his final line but that scene was fucking bullshit. Brienne to me represents D & D and they just love using her to get rid of characters people like. If this was there way to get everyone to root for Dany I think they did a fucking terrible job at it. This scene made me dislike Brienne even more because she continues to look like a dipshit when she says Renly is the rightful and true king, yet she carries a Lannister sword where they have a bastard as a King.

It was a big entire joke to me. I fully believe they did not like Stannis and assassinated his character because they loved Renly. Too gratuitous they said...yet they show Sansa being raped/everyone else being beheaded etc.

If he is truly dead, fine. At least they cannot ruin his character anymore.

You need to make up your mind up on which crackpot theory you have regarding the showrunners so called "hate" of Stannis.

Oh they never showed Sansa being raped either, the camera cut away to Theon.

To be fair, they were mostly aware that if they showed a bit more of Sansa's face during it, then the backlash would have been even bigger. They couldn't really strip Sansa either, as they have in the past for Dany.

To be fair, they were mostly aware that if they showed a bit more of Sansa's face during it, then the backlash would have been even bigger. They couldn't really strip Sansa either, as they have in the past for Dany.

A lot of people complained that cutting from Sansa to Theon was diminishing of her agony and saying Theon's was more important.

A lot of people complained that cutting from Sansa to Theon was diminishing of her agony and saying Theon's was more important.

Well, that's because there wasn't a right way to do it. You either cut to Theon's face and diminish her role as the main character suffering the violence, putting her in a victimization position, or you either go along with finishing on Sansa's face, which is an awful violence in itself. I would prefer to end in Sansa's face, because she's the character we're supposed to care about.

These directors aren't doing their jobs as storytellers if they have to explain in interviews whether a character is or isn't dead.

Well, to be fair, this is not just GoT's problem. A lot of recent media needs to be "explained" by the author/writer after its culmination because they rely on having an off-screen/page way to do it.

You need to make up your mind up on which crackpot theory you have regarding the showrunners so called "hate" of Stannis.

Why does it have to be one theory? Why can't it be both? They can both love Renly and want to sway people to root for Dany...

I wouldn't call it crackpot they seem to not like stannis so they make changes like with Jaime or the other direction with tyrion and cersei they fanboy over then so they get whitewashed

Archived