Walk of Shame Re-edit

Toini

Hey guys,

As you may or may not know, Game of Thrones' Season 5 Album had a couple of really beautiful musics composed by Ramin Djawadi which yet never made it into the final cut of the episodes.

One of the music that wasn't included is called "Atonement". Just by the name you probably all already know in which scene this music was supposed to be in. It is a very dramatic version of "The Rains of Castamere" which really touched me. You can see the music here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Lysz0SK70

I was very disappointed when this music didn't play in Cersei's Walk of Shame and therefore decided to try and edit it by doing a number of minor changes (added the Atonement music, added some wide King's Landing shots, removed Pycelle's perve look at the end, etc.). I am quite glad of the result I managed to get in the end since, in my opinion, it renders the Walk of Shame even more effective and horrible for Cersei. It also shows well how much House Lannister has fallen since the death of Tywin.

To see the video, click HERE

Hope to get some of your feedback on this :)

Well, first of all I'd like to say that I also like the original version, you know.

I think they left out the track on purpose. To make the WoS what it is, a WoS. And just the bell. There's the people, there's Cersei, naked and barefoot. There's rotten vegetables and (fake) chamber pot shit.

You've done a nice job. Don't mistake me on that.

Well, first of all I'd like to say that I also like the original version, you know.

I think they left out the track on purpose. To make the WoS what it is, a WoS. And just the bell. There's the people, there's Cersei, naked and barefoot. There's rotten vegetables and (fake) chamber pot shit.

You've done a nice job. Don't mistake me on that.

Thanks for your feedback, I totally get your point. I just found that this rains of castamere song very very powerful. We were so used to hearing it whenever Tywin was on scene, when the Lannisters did something cool, etc. It was just a drastic change which, I think, fitted with the WoS: we are not used to see Cersei being treated like this and we're not used either to hear such a sad version of the Rains of Castamere which shows how vulnerable the Lannisters truly are right now.

All in all, I think it marked a turning point for House Lannister and gave a great opportunity to feel (almost) sorry for Cersei. But I agree, it takes away a bit of the brutality of the walk to add a tragic part to it.

I hope they'll use this music in the comming seasons.

Thanks for your feedback, I totally get your point. I just found that this rains of castamere song very very powerful. We were so used to hearing it whenever Tywin was on scene, when the Lannisters did something cool, etc. It was just a drastic change which, I think, fitted with the WoS: we are not used to see Cersei being treated like this and we're not used either to hear such a sad version of the Rains of Castamere which shows how vulnerable the Lannisters truly are right now.

All in all, I think it marked a turning point for House Lannister and gave a great opportunity to feel (almost) sorry for Cersei. But I agree, it takes away a bit of the brutality of the walk to add a tragic part to it.

I hope they'll use this music in the comming seasons.

You're very welcome. :cheers:

I'm rooting for House Lannister - and all its members. House Lannister is one of the greatest houses in Westeros and they are divided in the inside. They're dysfunctional. That's one of the reasons why I like the Lannisters. Even the mighty Tywin is not larger than life. He's faulty, he's obsessed with his idea of a family and exactly this is his Achilles heel. He's done terrible things, yeah. He's still a human being. Mind you, I'm not excusing him.

Cersei is at a turning point at this time. For House Lannister, and I felt sorry for her. Because after all, she's still a mother and she's been the Queen. And we don't know yet who'll be or who is the queen of Maggy's prophecy.

"The Rains of Castamere" is Tywin's song. It's really powerful. And I absolutely like "Two Swords" from the soundtrack for season 4. The combination of the Stark theme and this song is absolutely brilliant. I also like "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts" from the soundtrack for season 3.

And I really like "Atonement". Cersei is so vulnerable, she's a human being. No crown, no riches. Just her.

I don't think that the Lannisters do something cool. They're strategic minded. Like the battle of Blackwater. After all, Tyrion had to think of something to prevent Stannis from sacking KL and getting the throne. It wasn't only for Joffrey but for the realm.

Tywin wanted to stop the war. The RW is a very strong point in the narrative. Actually, I asked myself after readng it, "Now, how about Joffrey?" After all, Robb died. Joffrey's northern counterpart.

Perhaps we should move to PM. ;o)

You're very welcome. :cheers:

I'm rooting for House Lannister - and all its members. House Lannister is one of the greatest houses in Westeros and they are divided in the inside. They're dysfunctional. That's one of the reasons why I like the Lannisters. Even the mighty Tywin is not larger than life. He's faulty, he's obsessed with his idea of a family and exactly this is his Achilles heel. He's done terrible things, yeah. He's still a human being. Mind you, I'm not excusing him.

Cersei is at a turning point at this time. For House Lannister, and I felt sorry for her. Because after all, she's still a mother and she's been the Queen. And we don't know yet who'll be or who is the queen of Maggy's prophecy.

"The Rains of Castamere" is Tywin's song. It's really powerful. And I absolutely like "Two Swords" from the soundtrack for season 4. The combination of the Stark theme and this song is absolutely brilliant. I also like "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts" from the soundtrack for season 3.

And I really like "Atonement". Cersei is so vulnerable, she's a human being. No crown, no riches. Just her.

I don't think that the Lannisters do something cool. They're strategic minded. Like the battle of Blackwater. After all, Tyrion had to think of something to prevent Stannis from sacking KL and getting the throne. It wasn't only for Joffrey but for the realm.

Tywin wanted to stop the war. The RW is a very strong point in the narrative. Actually, I asked myself after readng it, "Now, how about Joffrey?" After all, Robb died. Joffrey's northern counterpart.

Perhaps we should move to PM. ;o)

Just send you a PM ;)

Archived