Strain S2, soooo?

Alia of the knife

The story about the master was a bit surprising. But now it makes sense why the master claimed that silver sword was his.

And I had to laugh at the kid re-cast. This kid looks older than the other. But then again, if they had kept the same kid, he would have looked older, too. :P

does the master still look like a joke?

That was terrible lol. It was obvious padding for the extended airtime of the premiere.

I thought it was a pretty slick attempt of the writers to change the appearance of the master so he didn't look so clownish. Heh. Anytime you get feedback from the audience that a makeup job sucks, you just make "master" take on a new identity because the old body is worn out.

The prologue was great, Del Toro really nailed the "grandma tale" on screen.

Hope he directs more stuff this season. His touch on the prologue really lit up the screen.

But there is something I don't understand.

Didn't they leave New York at the end of season 1?

Maybe I should rewatch the finale...

That prologue seemed really unnecessary. If Jusef is no longer present in any way, then we had no need for the story of how the master came to have his body. We also didn't need 10 minutes to show us that the master can trade bodies when the ancients could have dropped a single sentence. "Hey, you've injured the master but he can change bodies so let's hurry up and get him before he does," would have sufficed. Then later when the master inevitably does change bodies, we could see the worm vomit thing happen. I guess it was neat that the master using children was foreshadowed. But even then, that was done anyway when the line was dropped about getting the children. In short, it just seemed like it was tossed in their to pad the episode and served no real purpose.

I didn't even notice the recast as I assumed the kid just grew during hiatus. The family drama is still pretty annoying and useless. We get it, there is a custody battle that will continue even though the mom is a vampire nanny. However, the kid has decided he wants to be with her no matter what, that's how much he hates his dad. So, just go away already. Child actors need to get lost.

Other than, still enjoying, no matter how ridiculous it can be. Speaking of, does it seem to anyone else that there is a huge discrepancy in how New York is handling this? In some scenes officials are taking this threat seriously and we are seeing fires and vamps running around. In other scenes, real estate transactions are business as usual (assuming this will be some sort of human livestock thing?) and there are calm press conferences and calm throughout the city.

I wonder if Abe will tell the group about his work with Vaugn (a vamp that I'm liking). Not sure why he's keeping it secret.

Yeah, I thought they left NYC as well.

Nora's hair looks fantastic. Eph is still annoying, and I'm kind of jazzed about the people that got bit at the end of the show that will now be guinea pigs. Yay! I love this show. :D

I don't know whether or not it's Corey Stall... But Eph is the most unlikable protagonist I've ever seen... what an asshole

I could not agree more.

Although it will remain a guilty pleasure- shame, (ring), shame,(ring), shame.....

I don't think I have ever seen a cast so unlikeable as to be caused to root for the monster. I like Fet and "Gus," but I felt a little Carol-esque about Kelly and I really want her to win.

And the "Keira Knightly-wannabe," just oh.....

However, I will continue to watch it because I don't have anything else going on. It will get me to "Fear the WD."

As for Eph/Corey, I think I might have liked him more if he went without the piece. He doesn't look bad without hair.

I could not agree more.

Although it will remain a guilty pleasure- shame, (ring), shame,(ring), shame.....

I don't think I have ever seen a cast so unlikeable as to be caused to root for the monster. I like Fet and "Gus," but I felt a little Carol-esque about Kelly and I really want her to win.

And the "Keira Knightly-wannabe," just oh.....

However, I will continue to watch it because I don't have anything else going on. It will get me to "Fear the WD."

As for Eph/Corey, I think I might have liked him more if he went without the piece. He doesn't look bad without hair.

Another TWD reference...

Can someone who has read the books put in spoiler tags whether Ephraim's hair serves a narrative purpose. Does he turn into the sort of vamp where it's not noticeable unless his hair falls out? Or did they just decide that he wasn't unlikeable enough and figured making him someone who spends a lot of time combing and dyeing his hair would give that extra bit of unlikeable oomph? It's really so distracting.

Archived