Strain S2, soooo?

Alia of the knife

"Speaking of obnoxious, Zach continued his quest to become The Strain's answer to Lori on The Walking Dead. There's no reason Zach shouldn't be the most sympathetic character right now. He just lost his mother, and he sees his father as culpable in her "death." Unfortunately, Max Charles brings no subtlety to the role. Charles comes across as more petulant brat than tortured child, and it's doing a disservice to the character."

http://ign.com/articles/2015/07/27/the-strain-fort-defiance-review

This is one of the most bizarre recasts I've ever seen.

[spoiler]Nooo.... not the vampire squad :'( [/spoiler]

[spoiler] WhereTF were their hoodies and gloves? That shit was pathetic.[/spoiler]

And fuck that kid. He's literally the worst. Has anybody read the books? Does he serve an actual purpose in them? They should have cut the character entirely.

Its great in it's awfulness isn't it? :)

Like Sharknado the tv series? I think that's how I treat season 1 of "the following" but that grew tired come season 2. I enjoyed the awfulness while I could though. I just hope the creators of the show are being deliberately awful.

[spoiler] WhereTF were their hoodies and gloves? That shit was pathetic.[/spoiler]

And fuck that kid. He's literally the worst. Has anybody read the books? Does he serve an actual purpose in them? They should have cut the character entirely.

My husband is reading the books, and the show is just terrible.

I'll ask him about the kid, but agree.

This episode seemed to turn the show from awful greatness to just pure awful.  We have the Vaughn vamp squad running around in the sun but somehow they pull their hoods off to kidnap Palmer just so they can die.  Why?  What a loss of a cool element of the show.  Plus, the vamps were pretty much the ones I had started rooting for and now that they do really dumb shit like refuse to lift their hoods even in the face of death makes rooting for them impossible.  

Then there is Zach.  Is the intent for the audience to hate this little fucker?  If so, success, I guess.  This kid is so unlikeable.  Hope Eph eats him soon.  These human characters are just atrocious.  Not one of them is worth rooting for. 

On top of everything else already mentioned about the last episode, 2 more things:

- the Councilwoman went from awesome to sinister. Why?

- With pretty much everyone now knowing about vampires, are cops incapable of recognizing one unless the vampire is bald?

To be fair, Bolivar seems to look practically the same as a vamp as he did pre-vamp days. 

But then again, the city is strangely acting as though there isn't a problem. The buses and subways are running at night, people are making out in the subways as though there aren't roving groups of monsters.  It's unbelievable that martial law hasn't been declared, that there isn't a sunset curfew, that the National Guard isn't all over the place, that it's just business as usual.  Except with Justine Feraldo, who seems to think that displaying decapitated vamp bodies will be a deterrent.  

So in the book, the kid is just a kid.

Does the mom and her spidervamkids going after the the kid have some grand importance in the book?  Because otherwise I can't understand why they would keep him around.  If they really wanted to have the mom go after Eph, they could have killed the kid and she could have had vampire revenge and screwing him over as motivation instead of getting the kid and turning him.  Show's shouldn't have kids on them unless they're integral to the plot - there's just too few quality child actors.

Does the mom and her spidervamkids going after the the kid have some grand importance in the book?  Because otherwise I can't understand why they would keep him around.  If they really wanted to have the mom go after Eph, they could have killed the kid and she could have had vampire revenge and screwing him over as motivation instead of getting the kid and turning him.  Show's shouldn't have kids on them unless they're integral to the plot - there's just too few quality child actors.

The weird thing is that Ben Hyland was much better than Max Charles, so why even recast?

Like Sharknado the tv series? I think that's how I treat season 1 of "the following" but that grew tired come season 2. I enjoyed the awfulness while I could though. I just hope the creators of the show are being deliberately awful.

Oh, I couldn't get past the first few episodes of The Following, but I loved sharknado.

Does Eph become a vamp, lose all his wig hair, and then eat the kid?  

Lol, no but losing the piece would be an improvement. 

I also think that when Fear the Walking Dead comes on, we will really see what civilization really looks like when it finally crumbles.

Just imagine not having the garbage picked up as it piles up.

[spoiler]No, in the books people are turned by the ones that loved them. It's the love that is the link. In the book, Kelly had wanted children very badly, so when she finally became pregnant, she chose natural labor which lasted for days, so in death, she still loves her son. But as of now, in the second book, Kelly has not been heard of. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]There is a theory that making the kid as hateful as possible is on purpose because the Master will take the boys body as his is dying. [/spoiler]

That kid Zach is just the worst.  He's horrible.  And the worms are starting to get on my nerves.  They're just gross.  And am I supposed to be feeling sorry for Palmer?  

I also thought the Gus/Fez van moment immediately following her altercation with Nikki's mother was just weird.  Totally bizarre.

And Eph's drinking, wig, kid, and hokey lines are terrible.  I really want he and Zach to get eaten.

ETA:  Oh, my gosh - why did the Vampire Squad not raise their hoodies?  Did their freakish hands not work to raise their hoodies?  

Sooooo stupid.

That kid Zach is just the worst.  He's horrible.  And the worms are starting to get on my nerves.  They're just gross.  And am I supposed to be feeling sorry for Palmer?  

I also thought the Gus/Fez van moment immediately following her altercation with Nikki's mother was just weird.  Totally bizarre.

And Eph's drinking, wig, kid, and hokey lines are terrible.  I really want he and Zach to get eaten.

ETA:  Oh, my gosh - why did the Vampire Squad not raise their hoodies?  Did their freakish hands not work to raise their hoodies?  

Sooooo stupid.

You mean Dutch and Fet? Gus is the spanish guy with the Ancients. Who's Fez?

You mean Dutch and Fet? Gus is the spanish guy with the Ancients. Who's Fez?

ahahaha - yes.  I meant Dutch and Fet.  Sorry.  

Fez is a member on this forum.  Gus is the Hispanic dude.  ahahahahaha

Lol, no but losing the piece would be an improvement. 

I also think that when Fear the Walking Dead comes on, we will really see what civilization really looks like when it finally crumbles.

Just imagine not having the garbage picked up as it piles up.

[spoiler]No, in the books people are turned by the ones that loved them. It's the love that is the link. In the book, Kelly had wanted children very badly, so when she finally became pregnant, she chose natural labor which lasted for days, so in death, she still loves her son. But as of now, in the second book, Kelly has not been heard of. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]There is a theory that making the kid as hateful as possible is on purpose because the Master will take the boys body as his is dying. [/spoiler]

About the books [spoiler]They definitely played up the love stuff in the first season, I was just trying to come up with any reason possible to keep the mom relevant and going after Eph... but if she's not even in the second book??   :bang: [/spoiler]

:lmao: at your second spoiler, that certainly makes sense.  But if it's true [spoiler]FUCK!  That would mean that shitty little kid sticks around.  Maybe they could recast back to the other kid :lol:[/spoiler]

Archived