Where will Theon and Sansa run to since Stannis has fallen (most likely anyway)?

The Lash

If you think this has a happy ending............ Some guy name Ramsay......

Well he'll be half right, per GRRM bittersweet, so some will come out ok, some soso, and others may wished they died.

It makes a lot more sense to have Sansa back at the Vale since that's where she should have been all along.  Without Stannis, there's really no point in Theon going to the Wall.

It's hard to say what will happen though.  Jeyne Poole was Sansa's best friend, it seems strange to bring her back in the book five after she's been gone since book one if the two girls aren't going to meet again.  The Boltons already murdered Sansa's family, but seeing the damage done to her friend is likely going to be far more impressionable.  By sort of splicing a Sansa's and Jeyne's characters together, that may have been a quick way to speed up an eventual kinship or alliance between Sansa and Theon, or more importantly, the Starks and a faction of the Greyjoys.  The book may have taken the long route by pairing Jeyne and Theon as friends first, taking us along for their adventure.  Just a theory of course, but it's the only way I've been able to wrap my head around giving Jeyne's story to Sansa if there is the potential of a similar end result.   

It makes a lot more sense to have Sansa back at the Vale since that's where she should have been all along.  Without Stannis, there's really no point in Theon going to the Wall.

It's hard to say what will happen though.  Jeyne Poole was Sansa's best friend, it seems strange to bring her back in the book five after she's been gone since book one if the two girls aren't going to meet again.  The Boltons already murdered Sansa's family, but seeing the damage done to her friend is likely going to be far more impressionable.  By sort of splicing a Sansa's and Jeyne's characters together, that may have been a quick way to speed up an eventual kinship or alliance between Sansa and Theon, or more importantly, the Starks and a faction of the Greyjoys.  The book may have taken the long route by pairing Jeyne and Theon as friends first, taking us along for their adventure.  Just a theory of course, but it's the only way I've been able to wrap my head around giving Jeyne's story to Sansa if there is the potential of a similar end result.   

Considering where Sansa and theon are in the sample chapters in TWOW, there seems almost no way they will ever see each other again in the books. D&D and Cogman admited that puting Sansa in the Jeyne role was to increase interest and torment us viewers by puting Sansa through the marriage and rape etc. not in exact words but it is clear it was done because they thought it would be "good viewership". It made no sense whatsoever, it was for the shocking wedding and rape bedding and then the jump off the wall with a newly reborn "Theon". Those two scenes were it.

1. Wall: Sansa has learned from Ramsay that Jon is now Lord Commander. She travels to the Wall.

2. Last Hearth: Sansa has learned that Rickon is alive. She travels to Last Hearth.

3. Winterfell: Littlefinger arrives at Winterfell with the Vale army and flushes out the Boltons. Sansa has her final confrontation with Littlefinger, has him executed and assumes control of Winterfell.

4. Riverlands: Sansa and Brienne flee south in the face of winter. 

5. King's Landing: Sansa gets captured and is dragged back to KL.

6. Vale: After being rescued by Littlefinger, Sansa doubles back to the Vale and abandons Winterfell.

7. Some combination of the above...?

The assumption seemed to be that Book Sansa was heading north in any event, and the show just got her there faster. If that's the case, I doubt she'd be doing anything that would take her very far from Winterfell, since she's "supposed" to be there. Also, if Littlefinger does flush out the Boltons, there will be a power vacuum at Winterfell, and Sansa will need to step in and hold Winterfell, which would curtail her embarking on any personal expeditions to the Wall or elsewhere.

On the other hand, one or both of Sansa hearing about Jon being LC and Sansa learning that her brothers are alive could be setting up plot points for what Sansa will be doing in the upcoming season. It's just that that seems to be taking her pretty far afield from what many assumed would be her book plot (Vale --> Winterfell).

As to where Theon figures in all of this, who knows? I agree that it's highly unlikely that Theon and Sansa will ever see each other again in the books. D&D could separate Theon and Sansa, but that leaves Theon twisting in the wind without any major characters to interact with, since he has nowhere else to go. Either he dies, or he stays Sansa's non-book sidekick.

there seems to be some people that think Sansa and Tyrion will end up hubby and wife in the end and be happy. Well.... whatever.

If that were going to happen, the show wouldn't have done away with their marriage.

The thing that bugs me about Sansa's arc at the end of Season 5 is that no one is where they're supposed to be: Pod and Brienne are supposed to be in the Riverlands, Theon is supposed to be well away from Winterfell, and Sansa is supposed to be in the Vale. I don't know how D&D propose to get them "on track" with their book plots, even assuming Sansa was going to Winterfell in any event. A lot of the possibilities being floated for Sansa's Season 6 arc involve taking the characters even further off track. There's only so much course correction D&D can do at this point.

7. Some combination of the above...?

The whole Northern plotline next year is weird, because I can envision a lot of individual connections, but I can't see how they all fit together.  Partly that's because there are gigantic question marks around things like Jon and what Bran will be doing (and potentially even Arya, since she's apparently going to meet Mel again, which could happen this season, for all we know), but also because Sansa's plot, which I can make the most concrete guesses about, has several events I feel sure will happen, but I can't figure out the sequencing (I think the Wall is her first destination, and from there there's both Rickon/Northern lords and the invading Valemen on the agenda).

As to where Theon figures in all of this, who knows? I agree that it's highly unlikely that Theon and Sansa will ever see each other again in the books. D&D could separate Theon and Sansa, but that leaves Theon twisting in the wind without any major characters to interact with, since he has nowhere else to go. Either he dies, or he stays Sansa's non-book sidekick.
Theon is one of the characters where, in both the books and the show, I have a hard time figuring out where he goes next.  I've seen some people speculating the show is going to bring him back to the Iron Islands and be involved in whatever storyline is starting up there, but I have a very hard time seeing how that could happen, or what purpose it would serve, since it seems like he'd most likely just get killed by Euron (and after spending a season where they hammered home the idea that the Starks are Theon's Real Family, having him run off to hang out with the Greyjoys seems like a strange narrative decision).

The most logical thing for the show to do, since Theon has redeemed some of himself, is to let him die cushioning Sansa's fall. A heroic end to a character that has completed an arc seems to be a rare thing on this show. Let it be done. As for Sansa, Briene and or Pod will go back to their place and see the candle lit (unless Sansa blew it out after watching Stannis get defeated - which means her plan B was to endure and hope Littlefinger came back) they, B and P head toward the Castle and find and collect Sansa, hide Theon's body or take him too if alive. Brienne will tell about the Hound and Arya on the way North which is the only place they would logically go and Sansa will tell about her brothers. I would think since Last Hearth is on the King's Road to the Wall, they would try and stop there for shelter and help, would be convenient if once inside being fed, a voice is called to Sansa and she turns and sees her brother. It would expedite the story faster and there they are at a potential story intersection. Who knows?

The most logical thing for the show to do, since Theon has redeemed some of himself, is to let him die cushioning Sansa's fall. A heroic end to a character that has completed an arc seems to be a rare thing on this show. Let it be done. 

If they were going to kill Theon, they'd have had him go out fighting Bolton guards, etc. to help Sansa escape, not die trying to jump off a building.

If they were going to kill Theon, they'd have had him go out fighting Bolton guards, etc. to help Sansa escape, not die trying to jump off a building.

It is a long jump but I agree, most likely they will keep him a bit longer as he is a good actor and popular with the creators. Also works well with the other cast members.

Question - Do the Iron Born hold Deepwood Moat in the show?

Knowing how sadistic Benioff and company can be. They'll get caught by Ramsey,Sansa will be raped again,reek will get

tortured again. Brienne will be a day late again. Then Baelish will be involved somewhere with an army from the Vale.

They are the only ones left with a sizable army and will rally around Sansa even though they hate Baelish.

They can't go to Manderly since Benioff already cut that storyline. Forget the wall because it will be a battlezone now

with the wildlings and the watch.  Bran could appear from the tree and guide them to him and safey,this would help get Bran

back into the picture.

I think this is quite an interesting mystery.

I think, first of all, LF told Sansa to make Ransay hers. He did not tell her about his maneuvring in KL to attack the winner in the North. If he had it might make sense for her to just hide and wait for the Vale forces to arrive. But as far as I can tell she has no reason to believe LF is coming. She also has no real reason to go the the Vale.

We know that she knows that Bran and Rickon are alive. She is no doubt wondering where they went and might have some good guesses. She also knows that Jon became LC of the Watch and does not know about his murder.

My guess is she will not head to the Wall because it was Ramsay who told her about Jon, so she would know that is the first place Ramsay would look for her, especially now that Stannis is defeated. Instead she will follow a hunch on which of her father's bannermen might be hiding Bran and Rickon. This will lead her to the Umbers and/or Manderlys.

The Tyrion marriage is not waved off, it is still in play once Ramsay dies. They just used an excuse so that Sophie could play Jeyne & interact with Theon.

Once Ramsay dies and it will definitely happen, everyone will pretend the marriage never happened. As for Sansa, she played Jeyne in ep 6-7 and in ep 8 was back to full-on Sansa mode. She will be completely unaffected by this storyline next season.

No, the Tyrion marriage was waved off. Littlefinger explicitly said they are not married. It's done with, and the plot reason the marriage served in the first place has also been dispensed with.

She also has no real reason to go the the Vale.

I wouldn't say that. She has allies there and it's very far away from her enemies. She won't go there because it's too far away and there wouldn't be any plot reason to put her there.

I think this is quite an interesting mystery.

I think, first of all, LF told Sansa to make Ransay hers. He did not tell her about his maneuvring in KL to attack the winner in the North. If he had it might make sense for her to just hide and wait for the Vale forces to arrive. But as far as I can tell she has no reason to believe LF is coming. She also has no real reason to go the the Vale.

We know that she knows that Bran and Rickon are alive. She is no doubt wondering where they went and might have some good guesses. She also knows that Jon became LC of the Watch and does not know about his murder.

My guess is she will not head to the Wall because it was Ramsay who told her about Jon, so she would know that is the first place Ramsay would look for her, especially now that Stannis is defeated. Instead she will follow a hunch on which of her father's bannermen might be hiding Bran and Rickon. This will lead her to the Umbers and/or Manderlys.

Sansa can go in many directions as I showed prior, my thinking is if they want to show that she is learning to play she will say to Theon or Brieene that Ramsey mentioned the new LC so he will expect her to go there, but instead she commands that they go somewhere else throwing Ramsey off.

I politely disagree.

LF also said Ramsay will love Sansa, LF said Stannis will win, LF said he supports Cersei. LF is a liar.

Nobody knows Sansa married Ramsay except The Boltons [who will die soon] and LF [who is a liar & simply playing a game to betray the Boltons].

Doe Stannis know? NO

Does Jon snow know? NO

Do the northern lords know? NO

Does Tyrion know ? NO

Does Cersei know? NO

You seem to think Tyrions marriage to Sansa was simply a plot point while i consider it one of the most important events that will play a big role in the endgame. A fundamental difference of opinion.  Time shall see which one of us is right.

As for the show, i consider Sansas wedding as an equivalent to Peggys baby in Mad Men. - It never happened. It will shock you how much it never happened. It was designed only as a shock moment for viewers and the character will be completely unaffected by it in Season 6, in fact she may even appear stronger. Just like Cersei/Dany before her.

LF told Cersei, that Roose is marryng her to his son in episode 6.

LF also said Ramsay will love Sansa, LF said Stannis will win, LF said he supports Cersei. LF is a liar.

Littlefinger said it to Roose, who would understand how marriage laws work. The point at issue was her virginity, not whether her being a virgin would void the marriage.

The idea that nobody knows about the marriage is not credible. Everyone in Winterfell and the surrounding area would know, and you can be sure the Boltons will publicize it as part of their search for her. And Cersei knows.

You seem to think Tyrions marriage to Sansa was simply a plot point while i consider it one of the most important events that will play a big role in the endgame.

And that's the problem. You're trying to fit the events of the show into preconceived theories rather than fit your theories to the show.

If Sansa and Tyrion's marriage was important to the resolution, it would not have been done away with.

Look, bottom line is Sansa is now offically a Bolton, she is no longer a virgin. These things on the show are now a fact. with 2 seasons left, the marriage to Tyrion is over and done with them moment Ramsay forced her over the bed's headboard. Sansa got peices of info that are foreshadowing season 6. her remaining 3 brothers are alive. Jon is LC of the Night's watch - she may thing Bran and Rickon are being hidden by him there so that is maybe where she is headed first. Also, likely that before arriving, somewhere, somehow they find out about Jon's incident. Also, there are several thousand sellswords roaming the North somewhere that are dangerous, not to mention her husband, Ramsay who is so cunning on this show, will undoubtably think of her brother Jon as he mentioned him in front of her.

As for Lf and the Vale troops, we do not know how soon after the final events of episode 10 he and they will show up. The apparent situation in and around Winterfell could change dramatically in a matter of a few scenes. This does not even take into account Brienne and Stannis's final moment.

Look, bottom line is Sansa is now offically a Bolton, she is no longer a virgin. These things on the show are now a fact. with 2 seasons left, the marriage to Tyrion is over and done with them moment Ramsay forced her over the bed's headboard. Sansa got peices of info that are foreshadowing season 6. her remaining 3 brothers are alive. Jon is LC of the Night's watch - she may thing Bran and Rickon are being hidden by him there so that is maybe where she is headed first. Also, likely that before arriving, somewhere, somehow they find out about Jon's incident. Also, there are several thousand sellswords roaming the North somewhere that are dangerous, not to mention her husband, Ramsay who is so cunning on this show, will undoubtably think of her brother Jon as he mentioned him in front of her.

As for Lf and the Vale troops, we do not know how soon after the final events of episode 10 he and they will show up. The apparent situation in and around Winterfell could change dramatically in a matter of a few scenes. This does not even take into account Brienne and Stannis's final moment.

Agreed.

There is so much set-up for Ramsay going after her with the dogs...I'm thinking of connections in the show: They have shown his hunting a girl with his dogs, Theon slept with the dogs, Miranda was the kennel masters daughter. If they don't deploy the dogs in a chase it would be a miracle.

Miranda's death will affect Ramsay, he isn't capable of love but his form of it is possession and Theon/Sansa have taken it from him. Also, Sansa is his possession (in his mind) and he'll want that back. He'll go berserk.

Sansa being told about Jon was a set-up for this next series. She she will run to Jon and I agree with posters above that the show, maybe for expediency, will have Sansa heading there with Ramsay in pursuit. It would make more sense for her to find cover amongst loyal Stark Bannermen like the Umber's but I'd be really surprised if the show took that route.

Littlefinger said it to Roose, who would understand how marriage laws work. The point at issue was her virginity, not whether her being a virgin would void the marriage.

The idea that nobody knows about the marriage is not credible. Everyone in Winterfell and the surrounding area would know, and you can be sure the Boltons will publicize it as part of their search for her. And Cersei knows.

And that's the problem. You're trying to fit the events of the show into preconceived theories rather than fit your theories to the show.

If Sansa and Tyrion's marriage was important to the resolution, it would not have been done away with.

Also, Cersei would have said something like, that shewolf is married to my murderous brother.

Archived