Where will Theon and Sansa run to since Stannis has fallen (most likely anyway)?

The Lash

Look, bottom line is Sansa is now offically a Bolton, she is no longer a virgin. These things on the show are now a fact. with 2 seasons left, the marriage to Tyrion is over and done with them moment Ramsay forced her over the bed's headboard. Sansa got peices of info that are foreshadowing season 6. her remaining 3 brothers are alive. Jon is LC of the Night's watch - she may thing Bran and Rickon are being hidden by him there so that is maybe where she is headed first. Also, likely that before arriving, somewhere, somehow they find out about Jon's incident. Also, there are several thousand sellswords roaming the North somewhere that are dangerous, not to mention her husband, Ramsay who is so cunning on this show, will undoubtably think of her brother Jon as he mentioned him in front of her.

As for Lf and the Vale troops, we do not know how soon after the final events of episode 10 he and they will show up. The apparent situation in and around Winterfell could change dramatically in a matter of a few scenes. This does not even take into account Brienne and Stannis's final moment.

Agreed.

There is so much set-up for Ramsay going after her with the dogs...I'm thinking of connections in the show: They have shown his hunting a girl with his dogs, Theon slept with the dogs, Miranda was the kennel masters daughter. If they don't deploy the dogs in a chase it would be a miracle.

Miranda's death will affect Ramsay, he isn't capable of love but his form of it is possession and Theon/Sansa have taken it from him. Also, Sansa is his possession (in his mind) and he'll want that back. He'll go berserk.

Sansa being told about Jon was a set-up for this next series. She she will run to Jon and I agree with posters above that the show, maybe for expediency, will have Sansa heading there with Ramsay in pursuit. It would make more sense for her to find cover amongst loyal Stark Bannermen like the Umber's but I'd be really surprised if the show took that route.

Likely choice to be sure, but if Sansa is to become the player for her family, she needs to remember how Ramsey thinks and change the way she does things, hence she needs to NOT go to Castle Black but head somewhere Ramsey can't find her or where she will be protected.

Likely choice to be sure, but if Sansa is to become the player for her family, she needs to remember how Ramsey thinks and change the way she does things, hence she needs to NOT go to Castle Black but head somewhere Ramsey can't find her or where she will be protected.

I couldn't possibly agree more.

Since this is D & D's show; how they write for Sansa in the first half of the season will tell us if :

1: Sophie is correct and Sansa is still strong

2: D & D believes Sansa is strong but also important for her family.

If Sansa and Tyrion's marriage was important to the resolution, it would not have been done away with.

I agree.

At the risk of sounding cynical, D&D's view of Sansa as strong may not translate into on-screen strength. Season 5 Sansa in "strong" mode involved her doing things that weren't actually strong: lashing out at Ramsay instead of disciplining her own emotions to have an impenetrable game face, e.g. Also, Sophie Turner talks a lot of shit. If you read her interviews where she discusses Sansa and then watch the show, you would think Sophie was talking about another character altogether.

When it comes to Sansa's arc for Season 6, there are so many potential plot threads regarding both Sansa and the North that it's hard to know where things will go:

-Littlefinger heading to Winterfell with his army
-Littlefinger promising Cersei Sansa's head
-Sansa learning that Bran and Rickon are still alive
-Sansa learning that Jon is Lord Commander
-Cersei possibly coming back to power with the Sansa-friendly Tyrells in freefall
-Pod and Brienne in the mix
-Ramsay trying to hunt down Sansa and Theon
-the North crawling with sellswords (points to whoever pointed that out)
-imminent White Walker invasion

I have no idea how it will all shake out. It's possible that Sansa moves around a lot this season--seeing Rickon, going to the Wall, etc.--but it's hard for me to see her going anywhere if Littlefinger wrests control of Winterfell from the Boltons and installs Sansa there.  

My bigger problem is that everyone except maybe Sansa seems so far off track vis-a-vis the books:

-Pod and Brienne should be in the Riverlands
-Littlefinger and Sansa should be in the Vale
-Theon should be with Yara

I agree.

At the risk of sounding cynical, D&D's view of Sansa as strong may not translate into on-screen strength. Season 5 Sansa in "strong" mode involved her doing things that weren't actually strong: lashing out at Ramsay instead of disciplining her own emotions to have an impenetrable game face, e.g. Also, Sophie Turner talks a lot of shit. If you read her interviews where she discusses Sansa and then watch the show, you would think Sophie was talking about another character altogether.

When it comes to Sansa's arc for Season 6, there are so many potential plot threads regarding both Sansa and the North that it's hard to know where things will go:

-Cersei possibly coming back to power with the Sansa-friendly Tyrells in freefall

I have no idea how it will all shake out. It's possible that Sansa moves around a lot this season--seeing Rickon, going to the Wall, etc.--but it's hard for me to see her going anywhere if Littlefinger wrests control of Winterfell from the Boltons and installs Sansa there.  

My bigger problem is that everyone except maybe Sansa seems so far off track vis-a-vis the books:

Don't worry, your not alone :)

Most of the factors are things that may or that I expect to come into play, but concerning these two:

I personally have a feeling that the Northern and Southern theaters are going to be pretty distinct going forward, perhaps until Dany shows up.  As far as Cersei knows, she's tasked Littlefinger with dealing with Sansa, anyway.

I expect the deserting sellswords are going to go the way of Rodrik Cassel's men and the Karstark army, i.e., wander off-screen and never be heard from again.

I expect the deserting sellswords are going to go the way of Rodrik Cassel's men and the Karstark army, i.e., wander off-screen and never be heard from again.

They really must do something about this off-screen black hole problem they have. The insurers must be going nuts.

I agree.

Thanks and you are right, The North is more full of different open questions than the rest of the places combined I think.

I read today that Sophie has been spotted near the Winterfell set with no Alfie near by. I have a feeling that they may use her story and play it into Bran's vision through the wierwood tree either in the past or future of a pregnant woman who had been hiding either in the crypts but emerging from the pool in front of the weirwood, praying for a son to "avenge her". I am beginning to think Sansa will stay behind, hiding in and around Winterfell and she will stay because she finds out soon after jump or whatever that she is pregnant. For some reason, they wanted her to get raped and have sex with Ramsay. If they planned on her having a baby or being pregnant for ... reasons, this could be it. Theon may get sent with Brienne or if he dies, she tells Briene and Pod or Theon stay behind and act as "the Ghost of Winterfell". Committing murders and turning the Boltons against each other. Oh, I may be rambling but now with this info from the set, I think Sansa will hold on in hiding near Winterfell and no head for the wall afterall but Ramsay will think she head there.

I read today that Sophie has been spotted near the Winterfell set with no Alfie near by. I have a feeling that they may use her story and play it into Bran's vision through the wierwood tree either in the past or future of a pregnant woman who had been hiding either in the crypts but emerging from the pool in front of the weirwood, praying for a son to "avenge her". I am beginning to think Sansa will stay behind, hiding in and around Winterfell and she will stay because she finds out soon after jump or whatever that she is pregnant. For some reason, they wanted her to get raped and have sex with Ramsay. If they planned on her having a baby or being pregnant for ... reasons, this could be it. Theon may get sent with Brienne or if he dies, she tells Briene and Pod or Theon stay behind and act as "the Ghost of Winterfell". Committing murders and turning the Boltons against each other. Oh, I may be rambling but now with this info from the set, I think Sansa will hold on in hiding near Winterfell and no head for the wall afterall but Ramsay will think she head there.

Some people a huge distance from the set saw Sophie.  That doesn't mean Alfie wasn't there.

Moreover, if Sansa was going to hide within Winterfell, they wouldn't have had her jump off the wall.  And how could she possibly find out "soon after the jump" that she was pregnant and still go back to Winterfell, and why would she?

Pregnancy is not a general consequence of sex on TV. Women on TV only get pregnant if they are one of the following:

1. A teenager in a high school drama. This being one of the most dramatic things that can happen in such a show.

2. A professional (doctor, lawyer, CIA agent, whatever) who will magically pop out their baby then return to work a few weeks later as if nothing happened really.

3. A wife in a sit-com. using pregnancy as fodder for hysterical pregnant woman jokes.

So....Sansa is not pregnant IMO.

So we're assuming she's alive right? Was the miraculous snow melt at the beginning of the episode exclusive to Stannis' position? I assumed at the time that they were jumping to their deaths...

They jumped from the North wall....so the sun never reached their bit of snow.

I guess it comes down to Sansa heading for Castle Black with Ramsay chasing her with his "bitches".

Meanwhile the White Walkers breach the wall and IceMaul raises Jon, the blue eyed king who casts no shadow.

It will then be Ghost vs. Ramsay's "bitches" and Jon vs. Ramsay and his twenty good men.

Hint: dead men can't be flayed

Clever... except the melt began during the night, so I'm calling shenanigans.

Even so, in general when weather warms up, places that never get any sun at all will keep their snow longer. Not that it doesn't melt, just much more slowly. The snow would also be deeper there to begin with for the same reason. And after all, we are talking about just one night.

Even so, in general when weather warms up, places that never get any sun at all will keep their snow longer. Not that it doesn't melt, just much more slowly. The snow would also be deeper there to begin with for the same reason. And after all, we are talking about just one night.

One night in which enough snow shifted to allow Stannis to continue unimpeded. This strikes me as simply something the writers didn't think about. Jeyne and Theon survive in the books because it is established over many chapters that the snow drifts have been building up around the base of the walls for weeks. In the very episode that Sansa and Theon jump it's established that R'hollor has magically melted the snows, removing their soft landing.

One night in which enough snow shifted to allow Stannis to continue unimpeded. This strikes me as simply something the writers didn't think about. Jeyne and Theon survive in the books because it is established over many chapters that the snow drifts have been building up around the base of the walls for weeks. In the very episode that Sansa and Theon jump it's established that R'hollor has magically melted the snows, removing their soft landing.

I guess I don't see it as the big problem that you do. Melting snow enough that an army can move (siege engines, men in armor etc.) is not the same thing as there being no snow on the ground at all.

Sansa will survive the jump, rest assured. As far as pregnancy, I am just trying to think of how D&D will shock us as they seem to love to do that sort of thing. Sansa's story has more open ends because she is so far out of whack that the possibilties are endless. I like playing the guessing game and not knowing for sure until the season premiers as it is fun. I only hope Sansa has things going for her in a good way. Season 4 was a happy ending for her and me as a fan of hers but Season 5 was depressing from the beginning as we knew thanks to interviews where she was headed and who she'd be wedded. Here is looking foreward to season 6 and the extermination of House Bolton!!!! :cheers:

Archived