Every chicken in this place.

The Lash

True, Jaqen was in a robe all S05 - all we got was face and voice and that's it. But Bronn, (why always Bronn? is it in Jerome's contract?) gets a face full of boobs. And I am still irked about learning that Rory did not get the shirtless scene in S04.

Now that it seems all but confirmed that Rory will be back as Sandor, it seems a good time to suggest that Sansa Stark needs to return to her 'book base', cast off the craziness that was her pseudo Jeyne Poole role, which would include casting off Theon, and take up the reins of a 'true' Sansa who goes from her thoughts of missing the Hound, to kissing him, to dreaming him in her bed. That's where her story lies.

Sansa's going to to get her hands bloody killing Littlefinger. But Sansa as a fill in Lady Stoneheart doesn't work for me - she's not dark and revengeful (though the show played with that, she never did anything more than wear a black dress). And I'm dead tired of the character of Sansa being a fill-in story. She needs her own true, real, honest to all the gods, book story.

I still think that 'get her a dog, she'll be happier for it'; 'you'll be glad of the hateful things I do someday'; 'one happy memory' leads to some happiness in the reunion of Sansa Stark and Sandor Clegane. And I'm not accepting any fingerpointing of mushiness on my part. The show does this all the time, think Robb and Talisa or Jon and Ygritte here

And Cleganebowl can bite it. I don't want to see another trial by combat. It's done, done, done. Trial by combat has definitely jumped the shark. Imagine what the show would try to do to top Oberyn's suspended spear-spinning? Besides, Cersei will do herself in; there will be no need for UnGregor to defend her in the end. 

Sansa needs defending though. She has not done a good job of that on the show. She can't smell out the liars yet. Nor in the book's sample chapter, liars all around, and she's worried what her hair looks like and that she might cry. OK, Sansa, there are much larger concerns here and you know it. You just need an "ungentle" reminder.

Y'know, I feel like I'm one of the few people who does not mind Sansa being a "Damsel in Distress." We have enough strong female characters to balance it out and it would actually be unrealistic if every woman was a hard-ass and able to take care of everything herself.

Some people just need rescued and a strong arm to lean on, and that's okay with me as long as they have some talents of their own, which Sansa does.

Personally, I write both types of characters.

However, I still want to see Cleganebowl, but I'd rather have them face off for the sake of Sansa rather than Cersei. I'm sick of everything being all about Cersei. 

Make that dirty and wet Jaime. :leer: Seriously, we need some incentive.

And let's not forget Daario...

....and Jorah too...the older rugged man is just a treat for the eyes. ☺️

And dirty bearded Jaime is the only way to go!

So we have a kilt, tights, a sexy dirty beard and Daario's butt.   Yeah, sounds well rounded and inclusive to me!        :drool:

Y'know, I feel like I'm one of the few people who does not mind Sansa being a "Damsel in Distress." We have enough strong female characters to balance it out and it would actually be unrealistic if every woman was a hard-ass and able to take care of everything herself.

Some people just need rescued and a strong arm to lean on, and that's okay with me as long as they have some talents of their own, which Sansa does.

I'm fine with him rescuing her, too. She wants him to do it and he wants to do it, seems like a perfect match. She even dreamed up that he was there to rescue her (is that the Hound? how could it be? because I want it to be!) GRRM even has him rescuing her on his website: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/grrm_fromfans/san-san-str/

And a bit of trivia, he describes these similarly:

Sansa rescued by the Hound:

Sandor Clegane cantered briskly through the gates astride Sansa’s chestnut courser. The girl was seated behind, both arms tight around the Hound's chest.

Cersei fantasizing about Rhaegar:

And so it had, though once she had drawn a picture of herself flying behind Rhaegar on a dragon, her arms wrapped tight about his chest.

Personally, I write both types of characters.

I agree, if Sansa ends up being crapped on from above constantly and is consistently a victim.. then thats actually ok.. it happens in real life all the time. She doesn't NEED to become a Darth Sansa or anything, thats wish fulfillment by readers and viewers I think. I'm really not on board with anyone saying  something MUST happen on any level. 

And if Sansa does become a bit more self determined, or Darth Sansa, then why does it have to happen so quickly.

Yeah, that was pretty damn wrong, in every possible way. And they didn't call out that the bite had weakened him in that scene, which they should have.

I will never get why this should be wrong.
Why can't a woman Simply. Be. Better. Than. A. Man? Inacceptable?

I will never get why this should be wrong.
Why can't a woman Simply. Be. Better. Than. A. Man? Inacceptable?

Not "a man" but the Hound. Someone who probably even could defeat the Mountain.

The Mountain pivoted in wordless fury, swinging his longsword in a killing arc with all his massive strength behind it, but the Hound caught the blow and turned it, and for what seemed an eternity the two brothers stood hammering at each other as a dazed Loras Tyrell was helped to safety. Thrice Ned saw Ser Gregor aim savage blows at the hound's-head helmet, yet not once did Sandor send a cut at his brother's unprotected face.

I concur. The Hound is a fighter with the strength to cleave a boy in half. Biienne fought a shackled Jaime to a draw. The Hound should have beaten her handily. That's not to say she's not a capable fighter but she was giving up too much size and experience.

Now, if he was greatly weakened by fever,maybe the outcome would have made sense.

Archived