Stannis doesn't 'desire' to be the king?

Diregon

Adding my voice to the discussion Stannis in the prolouge contemplated killing Renly (that is why Cressen wanted to poison Melisandre) and his very odd choice of action shows that he intended to go through it, otherwise he would just be stupid.

Any text that it is mentioned that Stannis knew what would happen before it happens?

Stannis's siege of SE makes no sense if he didn't know what was going to happen, he put himself in a horrible position just to get Renly to come close enough for the shadowbaby.

Stannis's siege of SE makes no sense if he didn't know what was going to happen, he put himself in a horrible position just to get Renly to come close enough for the shadowbaby.

So there you can't find where in the text it was said that Stannis knew what would happen before it happened. I cannot say that I am surprised.

Stannis should be the shittiest comnander in westeros if he had thought he can win against renly without the shadow baby

will people also deny that he didnt know what he was doing when he asked davos to take mel inside storms end to kill penrose

he could have done what aemon did pass the throne to renly if he really didnt want to be king

His refusal to act about the incest till Robert and Ned both are dead says something about his sense of duty.

Stannis clearly says that he didn't want to tell Robert because Robert wouldn't believe him, so he then tries to convince Jon Arryn as Robert would believe it if it came from his mouth and not Stannis'.

Stannis clearly says that he didn't want to tell Robert because Robert wouldn't believe him, so he then tries to convince Jon Arryn as Robert would believe it if it came from his mouth and not Stannis'.

He had all the time after Jon Arryn's death to Ned and/or Renly, but did nothing.

will people also deny that he didnt know what he was doing when he asked davos to take mel inside storms end to kill penrose

Was Penrose killed before or after Renly's death?

he could have done what aemon did pass the throne to renly if he really didnt want to be king

Why? According to everything that we hear about Stannis is that he does his duty and that follows the law. Him being the King was the law and his duty to his brother, Realm and daughter.

So there you can't find where in the text it was said that Stannis knew what would happen before it happened. I cannot say that I am surprised.

Its called logic. Do you really think Mel acted without Stannis' leave?

Its called logic. Do you really think Mel acted without Stannis' leave?

No it's called blind hate. We know from the text that Stannis didn't knew what Mel was planning before Renly's death and we know that Mel has sacrificed people without Stannis' permission 1+1=2.

Any text that it is mentioned that Stannis knew what would happen before it happens?

Just this:

"I am not without mercy," thundered he who was notoriously without mercy. "Nor do I wish to sully Lightbringer with a brother's blood. For the sake of the mother who bore us both, I will give you the night to rethink your folly, Renly. Strike your banners and come to me before dawn, and I will grant you Storm's End and your old seat on the council and even name you my heir until a son comes to me. Otherwise, I will destroy you."
"We shall see brother." Some of the light seemed to go out of the world when Stannis slid his sword back into its scabbard. "Come the dawn, we shall see."

Renly dies just as the dawn breaks.

Bonus overanalysis: Renly's death is compared to the sunset by Loras.

You do know that he was preparing for battle where people die do you?

Nothing will convince you otherwise, but symbolism plus Stannis' later admission of guilt are there. Plus, it doesn't even appear that Stannis had prepared for a battle whereas we get longer descriptions of Renly doing so. The shadow had Stannis' face. Stannis said he was going to destroy Renly. Stannis feels guilty about Renly's death later. It's clear to many.

No it's called blind hate. We know from the text that Stannis didn't knew what Mel was planning before Renly's death and we know that Mel has sacrificed people without Stannis' permission 1+1=2.

So I am a blind hater for contesting your opinion? Okay. Keep on believing whatever you want.

Nothing will convince you otherwise, but symbolism plus Stannis' later admission of guilt are there. Plus, it doesn't even appear that Stannis had prepared for a battle whereas we get longer descriptions of Renly doing so. The shadow had Stannis' face. Stannis said he was going to destroy Renly. Stannis feels guilty about Renly's death later. It's clear to many.

That is wishful thinking. No one said that Mel didn't used Stannis' seed to make the shadowbaby and that is why the shadowbaby has Stannis' face or that Stannis didn't felt gult because he understood what happened after Renly's death. The point is that he didn't knew what was going to happen before Renly's death.

So I am a blind hater for contesting your opinion? Okay. Keep on believing whatever you want.

It's blind hate because it isn't in the books. It is in the books that Stannis didn't knew, it is in the books that Mel had acted without his permission.

That is wishful thinking. No one said that Mel didn't used Stannis' seed to make the shadowbaby and that is why the shadowbaby has Stannis' face or that Stannis didn't felt gult because he understood what happened after Renly's death. The point is that he didn't knew what was going to happen before Renly's death.

Hmm, I wonder why Stannis slept with her in the first place then.

Archived