Watch, Watched, Watching: Give Me All The Bacon & Eggs You Have!

Nox Irradiata

New thread was over 400 posts, so starting the new one here...

Carry on! :)

Recently I've started binge-watching Parks & Rec and I'm up to Season 6. I'm pretty sure Ron Swanson is my spirit animal. :D Also been watching Season 2 of The Strain and excited that Hell On Wheels is back! 

As far as movies, I caught Minions over the weekend after doing a Despicable Me I & II double feature. [spoiler]My favorite part was the opening that explained the evolution of the minions and introduced all their previous bosses. Dracula's 357th birthday was pretty awesome. :lol:[/spoiler]

Starting my The Wire rewatch. Really looking forward to it since I've only seen each season once a few years back. 3 episodes in and I'm already reminded why this is in my top 3 shows of all time.

You might find this article of interest, since The Wire is such a favorite with you (it is of mine as well, though I may like Treme just a bit more).

The Lego Movie.  I was surprised at how scary some of the imagery was.  My son is ok with it but the first time he saw it he definitely was taken back a little.  Fun movie though.

I watched a weird ass movie tonight called What We Do in the Shadows, a mockumentary about a nest of vampires in Wellington, New Zealand.  It took awhile to get going (or it took me awhile to acclimate to the humor), but I ended up laughing out loud at least a dozen times.  Very funny movie.  Stu was awesome [spoiler]he did absolutely nothing, but it was hilarious how much the vampires loved him (and Nick before them) for whatever reason :lol:  But the invitation said plus 1![/spoiler]

Wtf.

So The Last Valley with Michael Caine was a movie i've always wanted to watch. It's been on my watchlist for years. Today i decided to buy the DVD, googled 'Last Valley DVD' and there it was, a YT link. The entire freaking movie is uploaded...since 2011.

I don't know how to feel about this. 

I watched a weird ass movie tonight called What We Do in the Shadows, a mockumentary about a nest of vampires in Wellington, New Zealand.  It took awhile to get going (or it took me awhile to acclimate to the humor), but I ended up laughing out loud at least a dozen times.  Very funny movie.  Stu was awesome [spoiler]he did absolutely nothing, but it was hilarious how much the vampires loved him (and Nick before them) for whatever reason :lol:  But the invitation said plus 1![/spoiler]

I loved WWDitS to, it is such a great little movie. It had some of the funniest lines ever in it [spoiler] On why vampires prefer to drink virgin blood: "If you were going to eat a sandwich, you would just enjoy it more if you knew no one had fucked it."  :bowdown:  :lmao:  [/spoiler]

Watched Ex Machina last night. It was ok but I was disappointed, I guess I had my expectations too high and was over hyped for it. Also (and maybe this deserves a thread of its own?) is it possible for twists in movies to really get people any more? All I heard about Ex Machina was "you won't see something coming" so I started the movie thinking of every possibility and when what happened happened, I saw it coming.

Archived