Watch, Watched, Watching: Give Me All The Bacon & Eggs You Have!

Nox Irradiata

Watched Out of the Furnace with Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, Willam Dafoe, Zoe Saldana, Sam Shepard, Forest Whitaker and Woody Harrelson. Not a bad movie by any stretch, but not as great as it's cast suggests. Felt a little... empty, for a movie. Had some good parts, and all the acting was good, but I feel they could have done more with the actors. Solid 7/10 though.

Just finished In the Name of the Father. I have to say I loved it. It starts kind of slowly, but it's the type of movie that sucks you in after a while and just becomes so very enthralling. DDL and Pete Postlethwaite are great. The supporting cast is definitely not shabby to. Most of all though, I walked away from this film feeling disgust for both the British establishment and - to a lesser extent, since they aren't the main focus - the IRA. The man in the streets gets shafted by both sides, just like pretty much every other conflict ever.

Watched One Child, a miniseries about a chinese adoptee who returns to China to help free her brother from prison.  It's good but not outstanding, though it gave me a serious case of the feels.  Ugly crying happened.  

I loved WWDitS to, it is such a great little movie. It had some of the funniest lines ever in it [spoiler] On why vampires prefer to drink virgin blood: "If you were going to eat a sandwich, you would just enjoy it more if you knew no one had fucked it."  :bowdown:  :lmao:  [/spoiler]

I enjoyed their take on werewolves too, and I have no doubt that [spoiler]Stu is the pack's alpha by the next full moon.[/spoiler]

I enjoyed their take on werewolves too, and I have no doubt that [spoiler]Stu is the pack's alpha by the next full moon.[/spoiler]

Yes, they were werewolves [spoiler]not swearwolves[/spoiler] :D

I am finally getting around to seeing the movie Sunshine. I know this is absolutely silly, but there is something that is taking me out of my ability to suspend my disbelief. It is a shame, because this is really a fantastic movie about traveling to our dying sun.

Here is what it is, and the question I have for anyone who has seen this movie.

[spoiler] Mercury's hottest temperature is 801 degrees Fahrenheit (427 degrees Celsius). It would be even hotter than this past the planet in full exposure to the sun. I can buy the premise that mankind has come up with a technology that would shield us from heat, but if it is possible to lower the temperature hundreds and thousands of degrees in a space suit, why would the climate inside that suit stop lowering the temperature just a few degrees short of making the person wearing it comfortable?

In other words, Why are people in protective suits sweating? [/spoiler]     

I am finally getting around to seeing the movie Sunshine. I know this is absolutely silly, but there is something that is taking me out of my ability to suspend my disbelief. It is a shame, because this is really a fantastic movie about traveling to our dying sun.

Here is what it is, and the question I have for anyone who has seen this movie.

[spoiler] Mercury's hottest temperature is 801 degrees Fahrenheit (427 degrees Celsius). It would be even hotter than this past the planet in full exposure to the sun. I can buy the premise that mankind has come up with a technology that would shield us from heat, but if it is possible to lower the temperature hundreds and thousands of degrees in a space suit, why would the climate inside that suit stop lowering the temperature just a few degrees short of making the person wearing it comfortable?

In other words, Why are people in protective suits sweating? [/spoiler]     

Adrenaline? Physical exertion?

I watched Manhunter. Michael Manns Red Dragon adaptation. I thought it was easily superior to the Brett Ratner version, it's very 80s (the soundtrack especially) but I love Manns style. William Petersons performance as Will Graham was a lot better than Edward Nortons imo. Also enjoyed Brian Cox take on Hannibal. Very different from Hopkins and Mads.

I binge-watched Orange is the New Black over the past week. Didn't think I'd like the show, wound up loving it.

"You got to stop using slavery every time you want to justify some foolishness."

"I'm only doing that until I turn Jewish and I can pin it on Hitler."

Almost pissed myself laughing at that.

Cindy :love:

Started watching John Wick and gotta say, 20 minutes in, I can't frickin wait for Keanu to kill all those bastards. [spoiler]That little dog just wanted some love :([/spoiler]

Finished the movie.  Very enjoyable flick, though I have to admit, I have a man crush on Keanu.

Anyone watching Tyrant or Extant?

I've been watching Extant.

It's a fairly decent summer show; something to have on that I can watch but not be too overly invested in (though I do think the second season is a bit better thus far)

I'm also watching Under the Dome but the less said about that silliness the better. I watch it because I can't look away. It's a mess.

I'm hoping to get to see Paper Towns soon.

I'm also currently watching: Masters of Sex. I love the entire series, and so far S3 is shaping up well.

[spoiler]My only issue thus far is that MoS works best when it focuses on Bill and Gini and their interactions not only for their work but outside their work as well. I don't mind LIbby since her story is important, but I don't want their to be a lot of superfluous other characters. I'm kind of hoping Gini and George get divorced quickly so that they can do away with that rather awkward plot line. Also, this season has to end with Gini and Bill getting married, right?? Or at least Bill and Libby getting a divorce. I'm hoping the show really explores how the culture and public reacted to the Masters and Johnson book and doesn't bypass it. It was a watershed moment.[/spoiler]

I've been watching Extant.

It's a fairly decent summer show; something to have on that I can watch but not be too overly invested in (though I do think the second season is a bit better thus far)

I'm also watching Under the Dome but the less said about that silliness the better. I watch it because I can't look away. It's a mess.

I'm hoping to get to see Paper Towns soon.

I'm also currently watching: Masters of Sex. I love the entire series, and so far S3 is shaping up well.

[spoiler]My only issue thus far is that MoS works best when it focuses on Bill and Gini and their interactions not only for their work but outside their work as well. I don't mind LIbby since her story is important, but I don't want their to be a lot of superfluous other characters. I'm kind of hoping Gini and George get divorced quickly so that they can do away with that rather awkward plot line. Also, this season has to end with Gini and Bill getting married, right?? Or at least Bill and Libby getting a divorce. I'm hoping the show really explores how the culture and public reacted to the Masters and Johnson book and doesn't bypass it. It was a watershed moment.[/spoiler]

I'm liking Season 2 of Extant more than the first too. I wonder if it'll get a 3rd?

I'm watching Downhill Racer right now, and it's really good.

Season 3 has been pretty good so far.  I'm sure this season's focus will be all about [spoiler]the impact of their book.  The press conference in episode 1 was great.  Betty, err, Libby is starting to get annoying, but she has such a raw deal in this whole thing that it's not surprising that she's so unhappy.  Will this season cover 6 years?  Or do you think they'll change their divorce date?[/spoiler]

I'm liking Season 2 of Extant more than the first too. I wonder if it'll get a 3rd?

The ratings aren't great but if CBS doesn't have anything better for next summer, then I can see it getting a third. The announcement for S2 took awhile, IIRC.

I'm watching Downhill Racer right now, and it's really good.

Season 3 has been pretty good so far.  I'm sure this season's focus will be all about [spoiler]the impact of their book.  The press conference in episode 1 was great.  Betty, err, Libby is starting to get annoying, but she has such a raw deal in this whole thing that it's not surprising that she's so unhappy.  Will this season cover 6 years?  Or do you think they'll change their divorce date?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think it's very possible that the season will cover a couple years--not sure if it'll be exactly 6, though. That's probably too much ground? I think by the end of this, they need to have Bill and Libby in a place, emotionally speaking, where they are both ready to call it quits. Libby is still clinging to her "perfect family" image and her looks during the wedding and what she said to Gini about George and trying again in the last episode indicate that she'd like Gini out of Bill's life so he can return to her, if only for public appearance. I was actually pretty surprised that they jumped as much as they did in between 2 and 3. A lot happened that would have been interesting to see--like Lester and his now wife's therapy.[/spoiler]

Archived