Watch, Watched, Watching: Give Me All The Bacon & Eggs You Have!

Nox Irradiata

Will have to check it out. It Follows was the first thing I've seen her in. Thought she was really good in it, and it doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous. :drool:

She looks even better in The Guest :p It's also a great little movie. It's more action orientated than horror, but it also has an awesome soundtrack :D

The Rat Pack's Robin and the 7 Hoods.  The musical numbers are really fine -- lots of wit and for the time, subversion of movie tropes of the period.  Of course the song and dance is good with these guys.

It's kind of interesting too for the chronology.  A 1959 film, right before the Code goes poof; and an historical set in the Prohibition time of the 20's, while commenting constantly -- in fairly snarky manner -- on the slavery past and segregation present.  It's a comedy so they manage to keep it all light-hearted.

How about an opinion on this? Otherwise you might as well post your grocery list.

My opinion is that sometimes if I've seen something particularly striking, I'll write a paragraph about it. If it didn't really grab me, I'll just post what I watched in a couple of lines. And I'm definitely not the only one who does that. I've seen people list their tv line-up for the week, or say "Today I re-watched this." Some people will just post 2 or 3 words, but who cares?

I, Frankenstein and Life Of Crime were both pretty forgettable. During the first, I played Panda Pop on my iPad up through Level 200, and occasionally looked up when Miranda Otto was on-screen. The only real thoughts that movie evoked were, "These gargoyles look cool." With Life Of Crime, I had been really impressed by Aniston's acting ability in Cake the night before, so I was hoping to see another great performance from her in a movie with serious subject matter. I stopped watching about halfway through because the storyline wasn't very engaging and the supporting characters didn't emotionally connect for me at all. Maybe it gets better and I may try re-watching it at some point.

My grocery list:
Trash bags
Detangler spray
Granola bars

Finally got around to watching Moonrise Kingdom. What an adorable film! Really wish I had managed to catch it at the cinema. In fact, really wish I had 'gotten' Wes Anderson earlier. Then I might not have had that weird thing where I didn't watch Fantastic Mr Fox for ages because I feared that one of my most favourite childhood stories had been ruined by Hollywoodisation/Americanisation. Silly me.

And watched the finale of Wayward Pines. I kind of liked it as a 10 part series. Not really sure I want to see any more of it as I thought it was all neatly tied up.

Still on a Scando thriller trip, currently four eps into S2 of The Bridge. Enjoying it hugely but my god, there is a lot of unprofessional behaviour happening in this show!

Just finished What We Do in the Shadows. Really fun movie that I would gladly watch again. It contains my single favorite line of the year.

I'm going to guess that it was [spoiler]"If you were going to eat a sandwich, you would just enjoy it more if you knew no one had fucked it."
[/spoiler]

Tell me was I right? :D

I'm going to have to check this out. Heard nothing but good things.

And they were all true mind you :)

Finally got around to watching Django Unchained. I liked it, as I like most Tarantino films. I wouldn't say there's a Tarantino film I really loved, but I enjoyed every one I've seen. Django didn't even feel that drawn out either, given it's runtime.  

I took my nephew to see a dollar movie today, and he insisted we go see Furious 7. How in the hell did this movie make a billion dollars? I walked out halfway through and played games on my phone until the movie was over. It was much better than what was showing on the big screen.

Three films have made a billion dollars so far this year- Furious 7 is much better than Age of Ultron, and I've not seen Jurassic World yet but nothing I've heard from people I know suggests it's going to top it either, though it might be similar level. 

Fast 5 is still the best one in the series, though.

Archived