Best Speech

Ronfried_IV

Dan and Dave spelled out their reasoning as to why they would let the wildlings pass through and then end up assassinating Jon. In that episode, when the wildlings are passing through, Jon notices some of the Nights Watchmen are glaring at him and he says something like "I'm the first Lord Commander who risked the lives of brothers to save wildings". I think it's reasonable that killing Jon would be a monumental decision for Thorne and the other Nights Watch men, so I'm sure they agonized over it. Nights Watch men dying at Hardhome to save Wildlings is what tipped the scales against Jon and to me that makes sense.

Dan and Dave spelled out their reasoning as to why they would let the wildlings pass through and then end up assassinating Jon. In that episode, when the wildlings are passing through, Jon notices some of the Nights Watchmen are glaring at him and he says something like "I'm the first Lord Commander who risked the lives of brothers to save wildings". I think it's reasonable that killing Jon would be a monumental decision for Thorne and the other Nights Watch men, so I'm sure they agonized over it. Nights Watch men dying at Hardhome to save Wildlings is what tipped the scales against Jon and to me that makes sense.

And surely the guys complaining loudest about it weren't there. Anybody there who actually saw what happened at Hardhome agrees with Jon that going was the right thing to do.

I do really like the Theon speech exactly because it sums up the character situation so well. The start of it with the jokes about the mating call of the northmen is actually pretty good and is on the kind of level Theon is at but as soon as he tries to take things in a more heroic direction he ends up sounding like a kid giving an over rehearsed cheesey speech that fails to convince anyone with being KOed as a grim punchline.

One that I think that was pretty good was when Petyr Baelish was talking to Varys about the "Climb" while they were flahing

to joffrey killing ros. And another was when Catelyn was tellng Talisa about when Jon was a baby and almost died and it ended

with her saying all this horror that as happened to my family is because I couldn't love a motherless child.

Archived